GT4 Hybrid NTSC research.

Well, my old HDD died a while back and I was looking through what was on it and I found all the gt4 stuff I compiled from here when I was hybriding gt4. It's mainly geared towards NTSC, early versions (like mine and tek's version). Big thanks goes to sucahyo and speed drifter for putting up info left and right. sucahyo's site especially for the part #'s. speed's confusing, however infinitely usefull spreadsheet. so I managed to recover it from my hdd, and I'll upload it here so whoever wants it, can access it no prob. just remember the peeps that made it happen. anyways, I'm out (tryin to mess with gt5 p =P)

Attachments

• GT4Lists - leftovers.zip
    217.9 KB · Views: 393
Thank you! :)
It's always nice to read someone else's studies, you'll get another viewpoint.
Sooner or later I'm unfortunately and ultimately going to do the same thing, post all my notes and studies with proper and fixed notes about everything.
My previous spreadsheet was pretty confusing because I was just writing down the stuff I was learning, so..

Thank you! :)
It's always nice to read someone else's studies, you'll get another viewpoint.
Sooner or later I'm unfortunately and ultimately going to do the same thing, post all my notes and studies with proper and fixed notes about everything.
My previous spreadsheet was pretty confusing because I was just writing down the stuff I was learning, so..

No Prob, that spreadsheet you did, when I finally got it made perfect sense!

oh yeah, I left some pretty much plug n play phaste codes as examples. and a "template" with common addresses (with setup A, B and C offsets calc'd). I think they're in the hybrid examples folders.

you're probably having problems with the intro video, it will crash the game if you don't have the right .pnach file or a save with disabled intro
I have a 2,6Ghz celeron and it runs GT4 about 7-9fps which is barely playable.. it does the job somehow though

I've got just an old geforce card,.. 6800GT i think

I don't have the patch file for the other North American version, but here's what I've got:

gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 [SCES 51719] (E) [44A61C8F.pnach]
comment=patches by nachbrenner
//skip Videos
patch=1,EE,00100D84,word,2410000

gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 NTSC U/C [SCUS 97328] [33C6E35E.pnach]
//skip Videos
patch=1,EE,00100D84,word,24100001

You've probably got the NTSC version, so what you need to do is to copy and paste those three lines into notepad and save it with the name 33C6E35E.pnach. Into the patches folder of course.

Back