Oh noez. World ends Thursday!?

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 58 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas

Another religious nut job who believes that nuclear war will end the world Thursday, June 12th, and ironically, his followers will be the only ones to survive.

Seriously, can all the religious groups stop with all these doomsday theories? It's getting to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

I didn't watch it but, yeah... I'd laugh and continue to believe how retarded religion is.

Edit: Unless the Rapture is coming and we have... :calculating, carry the one add the cow: 5 days and 3 hrs left! :scared:

That's not fair, we've been waiting all this time for metal gear solid 4, and now this? At least it's not another delay though.

@ V1P3R: Um, what day is it where you are?? June 12th is day after tomorrow. . . .

Or were you not referring to the nuke prediction?

I have a neighbor across the street who is like this, always BEGGING to come over and talk to me about the impending Apocolypse, to be sure I'm "prepared." George Bush (the elder) was the antichrist, then Bill Clinton was, now Dubya is. 2000 was the year, then by a calendar error over the centuries it was 2003, then 2006, now, who knows? He has proof in videotapes and magazines, if I'd just take a look at it.

I should actually let him hand me something just so I could burn it, now that I think about it. I wonder how he'd feel about living across the street from the antichrist??!!!?!

But I'd better do that tomorrow, just in case. . . . . .

Edit: @ neema_t: :lol: GT5, too!

I thought the world was supposed to end 12/21/2012...

EDIT:lol at the guy at 1:35-9, every guy here should know what he's trying to do.:lol:

I was hoping someone would get the reference to The Rapture/ Left below episode of the Simpsons. Guess not... :indiff:

I got it! "Oh, why did I choose to be- ?"

June 12th? That's a very quick prediction. Maybe he forgot his script... that'd be the end of the anchorman's world.

I thought the world was supposed to end 12/21/2012...

EDIT:lol at the guy at 1:35-9, every guy here should know what he's trying to do.:lol:

?

Saw this on TV last week.. so .. how many times will I live through the apocalypse? .... hmm.. at least 3 times already...

Wow, I'm good.

sLg
?

Saw this on TV last week.. so .. how many times will I live through the apocalypse? .... hmm.. at least 3 times already...

Wow, I'm good.

How old are you? If you're 12-14 you might not get it.

EDIT: Wait, which part are you ?'ing too?

Forget the apocalypse...can you survive the METALOCALYPSE??!!
dethklok-fansong.gif

Why anyone still listens to these retarded doomsday predictions is a mystery to me :dunce:.

sLg
What the guy's doing on 1:35--1:39

I'm not sure if this is very appropriate, but I'll take a chance.

To me, that looked like he was trying to readjusted himself, without anyone noticing. Its pretty obvious, you'll see him spread, then kinda bounce a bit.

I'm not sure if this is very appropriate, but I'll take a chance.

To me, that looked like he was trying to readjusted himself, without anyone noticing. Its pretty obvious, you'll see him spread, then kinda bounce a bit.

I just noticed that. :lol:

sLg
You mean, zip up his fly? Originally I thought he looked like he was urinating, so I was close.

No.

Jeez, I'm not real sure how to explain it without being out of line. I mean he's trying to get his 'equipment' unstuck from an apparently uncomfortable position.

Saw this dude on 60 Minutes last week. He's been wrong twice before. He just smiles and said, "Send me your money, anyway!"

Doomsday prediction is the oldest racket in the book... It seems this chap has forgetten part of Rule #1 of the "Doomsday Prediction Handbook"... here's an excerpt..

1. Set a date! Pick a date in the future, preferably quite soon. Setting it too soon may result in fewer disciples. Setting it too far away may result in people forgetting, or thinking that it won't affect them. Suggested time delay: About 3-5 years.

2. Suggest an 'escape clause': If x amount of people (and their money) subscribe to the prediction, then disaster may be averted. This has the neat little bonus of making any and all outcomes consistent with your prediction. If Doomsday doesn't happen, those who subscribed/believed in you think it was they who averted disaster!

3. Repeat ad nauseum: A variant of the old "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" doctrine. Caution: It is advised not to attempt this too often, since people might start to get a little suspicious. Give it a year or two (again, we recommend 3-5 years between Doomsdays) to be on the safe side.

edit: It's my mate's birthday on Friday, so perhaps if they could delay it until early Saturday morning so we don't have to face our hangovers!

No point in paying this months bills then. I could go murder a whole bunch of people too, they'll only die tomorrow night and the courts won't have time to charge me.

My life finally has meaning!

Does anyone else think it would be kinda funny if the world did end tomorrow? I think a chuckle might escape me before I die.

But, but, but, my birthday is Friday.

edit: It's my mate's birthday on Friday, so perhaps if they could delay it until early Saturday morning so we don't have to face our hangovers!
I didn't know you were flying to Kentucky to take me drinking! Thanks.

That's a point! On what time zone are they basing this on? Will all Aussies live a day longer than people in Hawaii (or near enough a day).

Back