GT5P Le Mans Track

GTP_BikeShorts
As some of you were aware, there was a small UK championships for the launch of GT5p a couple of months ago. I was lucky enough to come first in my regionals (Edinburgh) and got the chance to go down to London to race against the 2 other quickest in the country. I managed to win, and the prize was an amazing expenses trip to Le Mans. I went with my Dad and we enjoyed living it up for a weekend.

Anyways, whilst in the Audi hosptality tent I noticed they had GT5p set up, so I headed over to have a quick play (cravings and that). Then I found out they had a playable version of Sarthe! I know there was a post about Nurburgring a while ago, so it looks like they now have the 2 tracks mapped out.

SDC10210.jpg

I also asked the head of marketing for sony if there were any chances of Porsche and he said "Well, I couldn't possibly say, but bare in mind that they are already licesnsed to someone else.. But that runs out soon".

For those interested, there are some 120 pictures I took here: Link

Link doesn't work.
And the sarthe track was already in the demo at the 24hrs last year.
Don't know if this was an updated version of that track since the last one was just an hd version of the gt4 track.

Nice pictures. Le Mans is always a special place to be, the atmosphere is amazing. Now if only we could find out if they're going to provide extra tracks by download!

That's strange. WHy the hell can't i access photobucket?
I have to use a proxy in order to see the pics.

Cool pictures btw

Nice pictures. Le Mans is always a special place to be, the atmosphere is amazing.

The atmosphere was amazing, when the cars went past to start the race it sent a shiver down by back. Someone quoted there being 30,000-40,000bhp going past in 1 minute. Unbelievable. Sony, audi and Aston's hospitality was amazing as well.

That's strange. WHy the hell can't i access photobucket?

That is strange, I've never heard of that problem with photobucket before.

Haha, yeah. I didn't mean to upload all the ones of the DBS, I'm planning on using them for some graphics work.

The audi's and peugeots were so quiet since they're running on diesel. All the other protos sounded a bit like F1 cars. The GT cars sounded amazing, the corvette shook the ground when it went past!

Amazing pictures bicycleshorts, thanx for them.

If you won the UK championship you should be a big big racer then, amazing dude 👍 :crazy:

Very, very nice Pictures. Look the same as I did lol.

Yeah, LeMans is a very special Event.

I was there 3 years ago for the GT4-Eurochampionchip.

Here's the link to some nice vids and photos (incl. Start 24h Race, Parts of the Gt4-Eurochampionchip, Impressions LeMans, Aston Martin Box Visit and so on.)

If someone's interessted>http://www.gtrp.de/forums/showthread.php?t=32651

:)

I've played the 2008 version of the GT5P LeMans edition, and i didn't notice many modification. The game has the Gt5P design, but the track looked like last year.
We were allow to play for 5 minutes with the R8 on S2 tires. I managed to do the 5th times on my first attemp with the official Gt wheel.

5th ehh? nice! whos the top players? race car drivers that play the game ;) hehe

yep, my time wasn't that good, but the top players were those who tried 10 times, and since i was there to watch GT and LMP cars i've tried only 1 time.
here a picture of the result, my name is Defarges François...

Attachments

• gt5time.jpg
    gt5time.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 112
Amazing pictures bicycleshorts, thanx for them.

If you won the UK championship you should be a big big racer then, amazing dude 👍 :crazy:

A lot of luck was involved, I happened to be in a city where the regionals were taking place. There are a lot of good racers in the UK, GT Academy shows this.

I'm in the middle of uploading a couple of videos showing the start of this years race (mainly to show the sound difference between the Audis and Peugeots compared to other cars) as well as the awesome sound of the corvette and aston martin. I'll post it up here when they're finished uploading.

Was last year's version of Circuit de la Sarthe playable from the in-car camera view? If not, that would indicate the circuit has been successfully integrated with GT5P's new engine, and that something has changed.

Wow I am jealous!!! You are by far one of the lucky SOB on EARTH! :P I bet you had "THE" greatest time ever in your life.

It was Audi who won P1 and Aston GT? wasn't it?

1st Overall and 1st in LMP1: Audi R10
10th Overall and 1st in LMP2: Porsche RS Spyder
13th Overall and 1st in GT1: Aston Martin DBR9
19th Overall and 1st in GT2: Ferrari F430 GT2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans#Provisional_results

Interesting note: Aston also came 9th in LMP1 and overall, with the Charouz Lola-Aston Martin, especially impressive after that car had an off early in the race and was around 44th in the opening hours.

yep, my time wasn't that good, but the top players were those who tried 10 times, and since i was there to watch GT and LMP cars i've tried only 1 time.
here a picture of the result, my name is Defarges François...

10 seconds behind. I would end up in the same position as well

Back