GT4 WRS Week 167 : Official Results

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 44 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
Congratulations to CMir for another great division win. ๐Ÿ‘ Chukabilly takes the division 2 win. Well done, mate. ๐Ÿ‘ Last, but not least, we have gtbadboy taking the title of division 3 winner for week 167. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Week 167 Results:

Subaru IMPREZA Rally Car ‘99 @ Grand Valley East (Forward)

vowlH1rPXdw3+klMpUrTyIrM5Lm+fDdp0280.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 1:01.488 - Cmir
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:01.667 - jmgyro
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

0:61.750 ----- Gold
  3. 1:01.897 - Jake
    1:2.000 ----- Bronze
  4. 1:02.195 - MARCIPHERJO
  5. 1:02.299 - DSMAZDAGTR
    Mr P
    bflagtp3.gif
    (Replay has not been provided in due time.)

Division 2:
  1. 1:01.802 - chukabilly
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:01.971 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:2.000 ----- Gold
    1:2.000 ----- Bronze
  3. 1:02.021 - Bollocks#999
  4. 1:02.122 - NielsG
Division 3:
  1. 1:02.584 - gtbadboy
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:2.750 ----- Gold
  2. 1:02.803 - 2k2 Z28
  3. 1:02.820 - 01GTP
  4. 1:03.029 - mustangGT90210
  5. 1:03.032 - Xalelexx
    1:3.750 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:03.934 - georgetheracer
  7. 1:04.645 - Bigracer
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing - Soft and that the power is 359 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

This was an insane combo. Congrats to Chuk for just edging me out this week. It goes to show how much persistence can pay off. ๐Ÿ‘ Very impressive runs from Kevin and RonB as well ;) A salute to all who took this one on :cheers:

Congrats on the overall win Carlos. How many is that now? Nicely done.
To the other golds and division winners, well done guys.
The results ended up being a pretty uniform time division this week.
See you on Mt. Subasio.

Congrats to all who ran this one. crazy times up there by the "aliens" this week.

Hats off to Cmir on his overall win with MrP and jmgyro in tow.:bowdown:

Chuck and Jake had a great battle in Div II, well done guys and congrats to you both on some fine racing. Great times by you both. :cheers:

Thought things were going to be a little closer in Div III but I think I got lucky Sunday evening and found a few better lines from T1 to the finish. Still in all, some fine racing this week thanks to our Steward. Well done once again Jerry. ๐Ÿ‘:cheers:

See you all in Aria where I fully expect to get my backside handed to me.:nervous:

attached replay.

Kindly Verified as clean by EDK.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• gtbadboy_week167.max
    19.9 KB · Views: 8
Yes I've done it!! 3 consecutive wins, a hat-trick! I'd had 2 in a row twice, but this time I made it three, now let's see how long I can take this winning streak. :mischievous:

Close times ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers: to all who ran this, my replay will come tomorrow and the video probably on the weekend.

Since it's my second week I'm still trying to figure things out.
here it goes some of the converted pvs files.
let me know if something is wrong.
Thanks.

Wow. I felt a lot more confident I had a strong second place showing after the board!

:cheers: to you gtbadboy, Cmir and chuckabilly!

I suck at Citta too, so I may sit out next week altogether. We'll see how my mood is.

Congrats to the division winners :cheers: and well done to everyone else for some close times ๐Ÿ‘ Congrats to Cmir for his hatrick ;) I'm not sure I have enough GT4 enthusiasm to try and put a stop to your winning streak .. but will throw in some laps when I can and see how it goes :)

Jerry .. I think it's time for RonB to move into D2 and kick some of there asses for a change .. the D3 guys have had enough of him :sly:

Congrats to Carlos on the overall win and hat trick. ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to RonB, who has just completed a hat trick of his own. :cheers:

And Chuck, hard as I tried, I could not catch you. :eek: Looks like the student has surpassed the teacher, you are taking it to Jake on a regular basis now. :sly:

My NTSC replay is attached. I have a little bit if a close call on the last right hander before the tunnel entry, just 2 wheels on rumble. I froze it and viewed from several angles and I am confident that it's clean. Just mention so none of you think I'm trying to pull a fast one. :dopey:

Off to next week, looks like a fun one. :)

:cheers:
Kevin

Kindly Verified as clean by chukabilly.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK_WRS_167_NTSC.max
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
Hey now Mr. P, I want to beat someone fast for my first gold, I don't want it nearly handed to me! Right now Ron is my biggest competition, I don't wanna lose that

But if he needs to be moved up, then by all means, move him up.

I pulled gtbadboy's replay. He is clean and green, with correct specs. Great run, Ron. ๐Ÿ‘

@ MARCIPHERJO - I tried pulling your files. All but one said it was corrupted when I went to view it. You are of course not required to provide replays unless you have a gold time, but we do appreciate the effort to show that you are a clean and straightforward racer. ๐Ÿ‘

I was not able to view your replay for this week, but maybe another can be of assistance.

here it goes some of the converted pvs files.
let me know if something is wrong.
Thanks.

Hey Kevin thanks for the head up on the corrupt files.
Hey MARCIPHERJO, these replays can be confusing at first, we'll get it figured out.
Did you rename the pvs (.psv , .pws ?) files as max 1-4?
Are you using a ps3?

Did you try this tutorial to make those files? The thread contains some ps3 info.

Thanks for the green flag Kevin. I honestly didn't realize this made 3 in a row. Wow I'd better slow down.:scared:

I'm sure my performance at Citti di Aria will speak volumes. Tough circuit for me but you know me, run 'em all and let the cards fall where they may.

I still say if you hang around here long enough some of the "alien" stuff starts to rub off. :dunce:

Congrats to all winners and podiums! This was a fun one!

Ron, another week of setting the pace in D3! Awesome time! ๐Ÿ‘

Kenny, gotta love these close finishes! :eek:

On to Week 168!

Congrats to Carlos, Chuk and RonB for their division wins. :cheers:

Great time, Kevin. ๐Ÿ‘

Hey Kevin thanks for the head up on the corrupt files.
Hey MARCIPHERJO, these replays can be confusing at first, we'll get it figured out.
Did you rename the pvs (.psv , .pws ?) files as max 1-4?
Are you using a ps3?

Did you try this tutorial to make those files? The thread contains some ps3 info.
yes I m using a ps3 .
Well I used the psvexporter11 and Ps2_Save_Builder_0.8x to convert my pvs files to max( I guess:ouch:)
But thanks very much for the help:tup:

yes I m using a ps3 .
Well I used the psvexporter11 and Ps2_Save_Builder_0.8x to convert my pvs files to max( I guess:ouch:)
But thanks very much for the help:tup:

It appears that you're not following the tutorial I sent you correctly. If you click on the images they will enlarge so you can see more clearly what you need to add to the .max file. All the PSV files have to go into one single .max file. ๐Ÿ‘

Here is my PAL lap:

Kindly Verified as clean by Sphinx.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS167CMir.max
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
Here's my NTSC laps from both weeks 165 and 167. :)

Just checked edk's replay. Clean and Green!๐Ÿ‘ Nice run, Kevin!! We were close all lap, with you winning the first and third sectors, while I made my time in the second, thanks to Jake!! :cheers: to you both!! Racing On!

Kindly Verified as clean by EDK.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Week 167 chukabilly.max
    20.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Week 165 chukabilly.max
    20.9 KB · Views: 5
Here's my NTSC laps from both weeks 165 and 167. :)

Just checked edk's replay. Clean and Green!๐Ÿ‘ Nice run, Kevin!! We were close all lap, with you winning the first and third sectors, while I made my time in the second, thanks to Jake!! :cheers: to you both!! Racing On!

Thanks Chuck, for the replay check and the clean and green. ๐Ÿ‘ Will pull yours tonight, even if someone beats me to it. Want to know what I was doing wrong in that middle sector. This lap did not have my best, but it was close. Those were definitely my best first and last sectors, I'm proud of those. :D

Kevin

EDIT: Just checked Chuck's replay for this week. Clean and green.. ๐Ÿ‘ It was the shift into second going into the tunnel that cost me the win. :sly:

Chuck - Week 165 replay shows on the memory card as the 167 combo and is corrupt. You might give it another try. Sorry

Well, obviously I missed the submission, and didn't get a third session in...

Did manage a 1'01.868 for my fastest run, just forgot to submit before I left for work in the morning... Doh!

Cmir, congrats on the Wham, Bam, Thankyou maam triplet of wins! That's saying something man!(you have too much free time). Hahaha, just kidding! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Well done to everyone else who managed to squeeze a good time out of this combo. Fun and challenging to get the balance right to keep your speed up all at the same time.

Great lap, Carlos. :crazy:

Thanks for taking the time to post, and also for changing the units to MPH. Helps us mortals to understand where we could have carried more speed. :sly:

I also thank you Carlos.
After watching the video I see where I went wrong.......starting the car up to begin with.

Honestly, I need to attack these combos more.
I'm surprised that you took the curb inside the tunnel like you did.
I was trying to use it and I see now that I should have rode it a bit longer, meaning I should have got on the curb earlier as you did.
The speeds being changed to mph help me in watching them real time instead of having to calculate them.
Thanks again Carlos, great lap.

Kenny

EDK
Chuck - Week 165 replay shows on the memory card as the 167 combo and is corrupt. You might give it another try. Sorry [/B]

We will get this replay fixed in a couple days time if thats ok with Sphinx.

Back