Drag Racing Club

• Thread starter Falcon787B
  • 40 comments
United Kingdom
London
JohnsonCapote
Im aware that this was probably done before, like, 3 or 4 years before, but in recent memory there doesn't seem to be a drag club...so here goes.

Welcome to Falcon's Drag Racing Club :)

The rules are simple:
There is no limit on entries, and they will be divided up in terms of real heads-up brackets thus:

Tier 1: 12.90 index - 12.90 seconds or slower
Tier 2: 10.90 index - between 10.90 and 12.89 seconds.
Tier 3: 8.90 index - between 8.90 and 10.89 seconds.
Tier 4: No limit - 8.89 seconds or faster.
Tier 5: Race cars - like tier 4, but a special tier set aside for race cars. This includes the 1000hp HKS behemoths and the Escoodo :scared:

No restrictions on drivetrain or power, this is all about times and drivers. Multiple runs in the same car are allowed, with the best time submitted being used. All I ask is your time, your speed (i.e the speed you crossed the line at) and the car specifications, e.g. HP, drivetrain, weight. Confirmation pictures would also be required. Kudos also to those men and women who can get into the club using unusual or rare cars 💡

Leaderboard:
Tier 5:
1. AAZ - HKS R33 GTR Drag car (1027hp) - 7.669/???mph
2. Viperin - Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak (981hp) - 8.198/175mph
3. MadMax86 - HKS 180SX Drag Car (1011BHP) - 9.948/???mph
Tier 3:
2. yoshimura - 1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR (774hp) - 9.735/145mph
3. Stinstig - [R]TVR Speed 12 (807hp) - 10.651/???mph

Last edited:
DSC00214.jpg
DSC00213.jpg

Is this enough?

I'm still paranoid of losing my whole garage after doing the machine test runs (I have the glitchy version 1.0 disc). So...I would like to join, but if it means losing my whole garage :scared: I better not join. Good luck to all those joining though 👍.

Okay Legend, sure you can't make a seperate copy of this garage? so if you loose it youll still have a backup?
And nice work Stinstig, your in :)

I'm still paranoid of losing my whole garage after doing the machine test runs (I have the glitchy version 1.0 disc). So...I would like to join, but if it means losing my whole garage :scared: I better not join. Good luck to all those joining though 👍.

You can still do drag runs....just don't save after you do them. :)💡

Yup, definatly :D But I can't allow them if they're hybrids...or perhaps I could make a special Tier 6 for hybrids? I dont know. If youre gonna submit any of them I need horsepower figures too.

I think the only car I care about is the Drag GT-R. And it's got 1011 (1027) hp. The others - I don't mind excluding them all :)

Hey you know how you can win that HKS drag racer R-33? well what are you meant to do with it! It has all the power to win a race but when you come to a corner you might aswell stop and wlk!

Hey you know how you can win that HKS drag racer R-33? well what are you meant to do with it! It has all the power to win a race but when you come to a corner you might aswell stop and wlk!

Yeah, hence it's a drag car. There are some clever folk here who have used settings to get it to turn with more success, though.

Actually, why do you all hate them so much? They are just very different. The setup is quite tricky - you have to wear very slick tires at the front and much less grippy ones at the back; all your settings also have to kill its understeer as much as possible. Then in a race you break really early into a corner, turn with no power, and then just before the end of it hit the gas, the back slides nicely, you catch it and then use its immense power to crash the opponents into pieces. The handbrake is very handy sometimes, too.
Just won a 5 lap race (with the 180SX though, not the R33) in Laguna Seca inside All Stars championship.

Some people look down on drag-racing because you only go in a straight line. Meanwhile, drag racing (especially at the pro/Top Fuel level) is extremely dangerous. In many ways you could only HOPE that your car keeps going in a straight line...if not, you're in serious trouble. Cars like the HKS are designed to keep as much power getting to the road as possible, without millimeters of error that can cause a serious crash.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying this is Black Supra's opinion. I'm just comparing some people's erroneous logic to what is actually happening in the world of funny cars and drag racers.

Last edited:
Agreed with you on that Parnelli - Ive been to enough drag race meetings/events to know that what you say is true.

well I've had a change of mind, from drag-racing being something I didn't realy know about (because there is none where I am) , to finding it addictive, constantly trying to make in go faster. are there any tuning tips probaly a lot to do with the gear setup i imagine

well I've had a change of mind, from drag-racing being something I didn't realy know about (because there is none where I am) , to finding it addictive, constantly trying to make in go faster. are there any tuning tips probaly a lot to do with the gear setup i imagine

There's lots of stuff you can do with gearing, you can do some searching to find out. You might find this thread of some interest.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82247

you can look at this one, too...which has a collection of gear tunings

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23504

I cant find the one I'm REALLY after tho.

Last edited:
...and what would that be?

Some of the threads Sucahyo posted awhile back went into detail with using combining the auto setting with the final drive to manipulate more possible tranny tunings. He did a nice thread about it, but I couldn't find it. :(

Last edited:
Well I had a go myself with the escudo (tier 5) and after 30 minutes of tinkering with the suspension and gear set-ups, I got a time of:

8:298 seconds.

but thats with the escudo, a rally car with naturaly quick acceleration, can anyone give some good set-ups for either of the HKS drag cars?

Would it be okay to join in ?

I was thinking I would dig out my copy of GT2 this weekend and have a go.
I seem to remember having some pretty quick times back in the day.Mostly with the Escudo.

Did some GT4 drag racing recently, never bothered with it much previously but have become inspired to do some more.

Would it be okay to join in ?

I was thinking I would dig out my copy of GT2 this weekend and have a go.
I seem to remember having some pretty quick times back in the day.Mostly with the Escudo.

Did some GT4 drag racing recently, never bothered with it much previously but have become inspired to do some more.

I'm going to dig up my copy of GT2 also,
Aiming for sub 7 second Times.
I have some drag tuning experience from GT4 which may come handy.

See you on the strip :mischievous:

G'Day all,:cheers:

Started this by playing around with the old Suzuki Escudo last night,
best time so far 8 ' 206 ( forgot to note terminal velocity :dunce: ) but I am still getting to grips with setting it up and tuning it.
Much harder to do than in other GT versions.

I will organise screenshots and videos after a few more attempts this weekend ( hoping to improve my HKS behemoth time as well :nervous:)

Edit - Okay , after a bit of fiddling have managed to shave a whole 8/1000 th's off.
Which I suppose is a fair bit in drag Racing terms.
New best for the Escudo - 8 '198 Terminal velocity about 283 km / hr. I will move on to the HKS now.

GT2Dragbest-1.jpg

http://www.box.net/shared/static/3r37s81rqv.MPG

Last edited:
okay, cheers for the responses guys, sorry i havent been around for a while, but keep the times rolling in! remember, i need visual confirmation of the times, so viperin your in :D keep the times coming people!

I've got to 8.3's or 8.4's with escudo ,
but I don't really get how this car supposed to be tuned for drag racing in GT2.

Ofcourse staying on the powerband is preferred so gears are easy,
but I still haven't figured out how to set springs and driving aids :D

Back