Help!!! S-7 and S-10 post-update!!!

• Thread starter DrBimmer
  • 52 comments
aBMWdriver
Im starting this thread for help specifically with these two races. I have tried several cars with several tune ups post update and am still having a hard time finishing in the top 3. :nervous:I hope I am not the only one!!:yuck:

So if people can share the cars they used along with the tune-up settings, It would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

I'm sorry, can't help. I never had trouble with any of the events. But I can give a few pointers because the events aren't based on tunes.

What car are you using for the S-7?

And what car for the 2-10?

i tried with the gtr 07 clio sport tuned v6 ford gt lm spec audi r8 blitz mines and amuse turbo....and the closest i got was 4th with the clio........

and ive tried all these cars with both tracks....clio 4th on s-10

im close to giving up!! ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

If you can just advise me on the best car for S7 and maybe the best for S10 and I will work with it.....Thanks so much....Im so freakin frustrated......Have 2 million credits and want the 2 mill Ferrari F2007 but cant get it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok..Just did it and I got the tune.

Mine's BNR34

Physics-Pro

92%
14 23

-15 -15
5 4
4 5
0.00 0.00
1.6 1.6
5 5

off

Hope this helps.

And that tuned was for Suzuka and it worked out quite well for Fuji, Try the same tune for Suzuka as well.

DrBimmer, also try turning off the driving aids, like stability control (dont know the exact way), you will be faster ;)

I did much better on s-7...thanks too you...only got 5th but this is alot better then before....need to tune a few things to my liking......

thanks bosmuis..i have all aids off except i use active steering on mild....i also use standard physics if given the option.

ive been trying this for 12 hours now. im giving up for today. S7 and S10 are crazy hard and i respect you pros that could do it..........

Last edited by a moderator:
just did the s-7 event race with the clio tuned,got first in pro-mode....you need to use the slipstream to the max,be gental in the corners,no overbraking and stuff,make sure you are right behind cars you want to overtake in the middle section and than on braking dive inside of them to block their turning in points...you may touch them slightly but thats ok...no penaltys awarded,etc etc....

spyrrari.

Yup its difficult but hey atleast you haven't given up.

I've just revisited in with my ford GT (S-7). I got third place pretty comfortably average around 1:40 a lap. Thats what you should be aiming for to pass the event. If you want silver gold, you got to be stretching it, It's very difficult but I enjoyed it :) Felt like an intense Online race haha.

As mentioned above bumping and scrubbing aren't going to bite you if you do it lightly. Don't rush yourself to overtake them, Overtake them at the Hairpin they brake extremely early there, and also the first turn. I wouldn't usually prompt this but playing slightly dirty here will get you on top. So tapping them at the Hairpin or first turn is normal to be able to complete this event! Well in my case :)

Good luck you should be able to do it!

Last edited:
no,but i will post my safed replay tomorrow if i can find my damn usb stick,wanted to put it up for you today, but.....

did you at least try out my tips about what is crucial in this particular event??
if so,did you gain some places/time??

spyrrari.

Last edited:
DrBimmer: Please do not post so many bumps/multiposts in your thread. If half a day or more has passed, it's OK, but otherwise, please use the EDIT button to add more to the end of your previous post.

4 or 5 posts in a row, one minute apart each, doesn't make for happy GTP. Settle down, think, and say everything you need to say the first time. I've merged most of your posts above together.

Will do pub... sorry about that...its frustration which is continuing....just got 4th with clio on s7....might just be a matter of time now....thanks guys for the advice

Cheers

Finally S-7 is in the past...I finally got it done with a silver medal. Thanks Spy about your advice with using the slipstream to the max and being more gentle in the corners. For anyone interested here is the tune that finally worked for me.
Clio V6 Sport Tuned
+35
85%
R1 R1
Aero 5 , 15
-15 -15
7, 7
8, 8
+0.30 , -0.30
3.0, 1.5
8, 8
Turn angle 44
TC off (ASM off, had to also turn off Active Steering, surprisingly for me)
ABS 2

49, 2.712
78, 1.716
106, 1.259
129, 1.035
152, 0.878
188, 0.757
Final Gear 4.219

S-10 is my next mission....

Cheers!

Just thought i would let you all know that i just used DrBimmer's settings for the Clio V6 Sport on S7 and got ....... Gold!

I didn't change anything, just used them exactly as shown. Took me a few nights of trying but eventually there it was. i was a reasonable distance ahead too.

I tried Mines'_GTR's BNR34 settings above but went back to the Clio. It was way too hard. Definitely a car for more advance drivers.

For the record these are the cars I have used so far in S class. They are all post the 01 Aug 08 update.

S2 Nissan GTR 07 -- Silver
S3 Mine's R34 GT-R -- Silver
S4 BMW M3 Coupe 07 -- Gold
S5 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe 06 -- Bronze :indiff:
S7 GT Concept Renault Clio V6/tuned -- Gold
S8 Ford GT 06 -- Silver
S9 Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe 06 -- Gold

All I've got to do now is S1, S6 and S10. :nervous:

By the way, does anyone know if there is a way of copying off replay data and converting for display on YouTube?

Tx.
Wozza123

Glad I could help...It took me forever of trial and error with this car. I definately enjoy the handling of the clio over any car in the game.

Cheers

Yeah, in the end first place was suddenly just there and I was way ahead. Whereas I struggled for ages.

Any luck with S10 yet? I am using the GT Concept Ford GT but best so far is 6th. I'm thinking of trying the Clio on this one too as I just read you can do it with that. I've already tuned the hell out of the GT.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Clio V6 Sport Tuned
+35
85%
R1 R1
Aero 5 , 15
-15 -15
7, 7
8, 8
+0.30 , -0.30
3.0, 1.5
8, 8
Turn angle 44
TC off (ASM off, had to also turn off Active Steering, surprisingly for me)
ABS 2

49, 2.712
78, 1.716
106, 1.259
129, 1.035
152, 0.878
188, 0.757
Final Gear 4.219

Wow, thanks for these, this tuning really makes a difference.

I had been trying S-7 for weeks now, mainly using the Clio as was getting my best times with it. But still was not getting past 10th place.
And as my tuning know-how is, well, next to nothing really. I never touched the camber, toe or individual gear settings.

First time I've used someone else's settings and BANG, I was 3rd place on my first try with these, only just missed 2nd. :)

Now if only I could understand why?:sly:

HEY EVERYONE 1 WEEK MEMBER JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ANYONE OUT THERE HAVING TROUBLE WITH S7 OR S10 TRY DrBIMMER'S CLIO RENAULT SEUP IN THIS THREAD WORKS LIKE MAGIC SILVER ON FUJI FIRST TRY SUZUKI TOOK A LITTLE MORE TRYS BUT FINALLY SILVER HELLO F1

HEY EVERYONE 1 WEEK MEMBER JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW ANYONE OUT THERE HAVING TROUBLE WITH S7 OR S10 TRY DrBIMMER'S CLIO RENAULT SEUP IN THIS THREAD WORKS LIKE MAGIC SILVER ON FUJI FIRST TRY SUZUKI TOOK A LITTLE MORE TRYS BUT FINALLY SILVER HELLO F1

Congrats man..👍👍:cheers:

Man, I wish I had that kind of result. Spent some time with the Clio first on Suz then switched to the Mine's - best I managed last night was a 5th place finish (all in Standard phsics sadly). I'm really shocked at the amount of work you need to do to clear this event (and S-7). I'm seeing 3rd place finish between 10:18 and 10:24 consistenly and I start about 6 seconds behind that position. That means I need to turn in a 10:12 just to tie 3rd which would require several laps under 2 minutes.

Do those of you who cleared this remember if those numbers make sense? Here is what I saw consistently last night for me:

1st lap 2:15
2nd lap 2:02 to 2:05
3rd lap 2:02 to 2:05
4th lap 2:02 to 2:05
5th lap 2:02 to 2:05

My total would then be between 10:23 to 10:35. Almost every time last night a Vette took the first 2 spots and a GT LM took the next 2 spots. I went in and out of the event numerous times trying to get a good lineup but those 4 cars always started in the top 8 spots and I honestly don't remember ever seeing any of them on the track. :grumpy:

Hey i know just how you feel , going to have to run about 2.03 every lap though something that helped me was watching my braking going into turns let the car roll more i was braking to much do you use mt or at? If at practice with mt quicker.

I always use MT and I try my best to "roll the center" as a good friend taught me. Do you remember what your time was on the first lap? I'm thinking mine needs to be in the 2:10 to 2:12 range really which is a very fast first lap considering you start 8 seconds back.

Welcome to GTPlanet. Nothing wrong with the content of this post, but please do not use ALL CAPS, and put some punctuation in there to help us out. Thanks.

Back