gamestop 599 ferrari?

• Thread starter aus1-v8
  • 23 comments
Aus1-V8
well it seems we might have been left out of a exclusive ferrari in the EU territories ?
the USA version from gamestop is getting the 599 ferrari .l have completed the game and no 599, if anyone does have it, please post how, or there unlock code and instructions .
ps: unfair system3 to not include EU on this.

It probubley will show up in the DLC for the EU, we got the game a month earlier that the states (true weve had to beta test the game for them) but because theyve had to endure a month of reading how good we all find it I think an extra car for them is a fair deal.

I doubt the code will even work in anything but the NA version.
Heck I have the code & can't even figure out where to enter it!

Just got it. The funny thing is I just realised M2 is coming out in a few days...LOL.

Guess this game will have to take a back seat...

OK, Moose, Rocket: give us your opinion... :)

IMO, some hit and misses with this game. I spent 3 hour with it simply testing stuff and messing around the game engine, here is what I've noticed.

1) The FFB does not very from car to car, at least from what I can tell so far with a 599 and a full race 430 Challenge. They have the exact same FFB resistance and strength.

2) ABS cannot be fully turned off, as suggested in the assist screen with adjustments from low to high. Testing at Monza at the end of main straight, no matter what I did I can't seem to lock the brakes up, no screeching halt, no tire smoke. However, I did get a good sense of weight transfer under full braking, as the car rotates slightly due to the slight variation in grip level between different tires when they are at or close to their limit. I am not sure (and I don't think) it is actual simulated physics, but it felt right.

3) FFB lacks definition and I am not talking about how different road element is simulated. It is the missing elements of some road conditions which is always a problem with this type of games. The circuit is always always silky smooth for some reason. Same problem with GT5P

4) Critical sound elements missing. I am not sure what is the thing about the sound effects of debris hitting wheel wells and body panels that is so difficult to create (...also not in GT5P). Wind noise is non existent in FPV, as if I am driving in a vacuum with only the engine sound and occasional tire noise.

However, the game looks pretty promising and with the V2 patch it should get better and the circuits are very rich in detail. At full retail price, I would suggest renting it first and see if this is what you are looking for in terms of game play and level of simulation. For me the main selling point is the amount of rare Ferrari models in the game.

Last edited:
I noticed a few people (mainly PAL users) asking about the F599 lately. I can understand how everybody feels, being hungry for more content. So this will come as little relief but I can assure you, it's awful. :yuck:

For the record, I have the NTSC version of the game and unlocked the F599 with the Gamestop code long ago. Back when I first unlocked it, I did a few installation laps at several different circuits but never went for any serious lap times. Since then, I haven't spent a lot of time with it. You're really not missing much. I think Eutechnyx did a poor job on the modern front engined V12 cars. Although I never drove one in real life, I'm pretty confident to say the F599 in GT5P is a much more realistic representation of what it would really be like to drive the car. In execution, it's actually very similar to the 550M/575M. It's big, heavy, understeers heavily and is tricky under braking. It does have very impressive power though. And it sounds nice. But I can assure you, if the real car drove like this, nobody would buy it.

I did about 6-7 laps of Mugello with it last night and really made an effort to set a quick time. I never really put in a 'perfect' lap. Actually, I'm not sure if I would even call it a 'good' lap since it understeers so much, you have to force yourself to slide it around to get through corners quickly, but my best run was a 2:12 flat. :irked: I'm sure with more practice I could drop a few seconds. But the driving style required means to do it consistently would be tough. (At least for me). None of the times with the F599 show up on the leaderboards so you'll have to take my word for it. :) Either way, it's a good 12-15 seconds/lap slower around Mugello than the F430 Challenge. On the main straight, braking at 200 ~ 210 meters (necessary for this car) you can hit around 265 kmh, so it's quite fast in a straight line but suffers in braking performance and cornering speed.

Running a race with it would likely be a "messy" event with a lot of contact, much like with the 550/575. But there IS an option for NTSC users to open a lobby with it. I may try it sometime this week if I have time just for kicks.

Of course, few people seem to open or venture into lobbies in anything other than the F430 so I may be sitting there twittling my thumbs.

I wish somebody would. I am SO stink bored of the F430 I can't tell you.

Yeah but (a) I don't think this is going to happen any time soon, if at all. They spoke about that in early January and not a peep since. The impression I got from that post was that it *might* be included with a future patch. And (b) they mentioned it will be a 599 but not the 'Gamestop 599' which I'm guessing was under special agreement for the North American version. So this even brings into question if NTSC and PAL users will be able to race each other with this car.

I opened a lobby with one last night. I'm sure I wasn't the first one to try it but I invited a PAL user and it doesn't work. And with little surprise, no other NTSC users who might have had the car showed up either.

...the grass is always greener... ;)

But in this case it's as brown as the tracks in FC. The best I can tell you is (a) drive the 575M and imagine it has a bit more power (b) order a copy of FC from the US (you can get it for US$20 on-line. Although shipping to Aus might be a problem. Or (c) you'll have to come and visit. It's about $1500 round trip.

...the grass is always greener... ;)

But in this case it's as brown as the tracks in FC. The best I can tell you is (a) drive the 575M and imagine it has a bit more power (b) order a copy of FC from the US (you can get it for US$20 on-line. Although shipping to Aus might be a problem. Or (c) you'll have to come and visit. It's about $1500 round trip.

OK, i will be waiting for you to send the round tickets.

just kidding.

Latest Posts

Back