• Power: 445 BHP +86
  • Weight: 1181 KG 85%
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: NA
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: R1
  • Performance Points: 660
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

pa250005sg7.jpg

Race Specifics:

• [*]G25 Clutch is prohibited
    [*]100% clean, no Walltouches , no AI touches
    [*]Your run must be done using your GTP_Tag
    [*]Tip: Setting the AI level between 90 and 100 will minimize AI contact

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total race time
  • Lap 1 and 3 times
  • Any information which can be used to infer a time for lap 1 or lap 3

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Lap 2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.

It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Sandbagging is frowned upon:
Downplay one's ability (towards others) in a game in order to deceive.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 01 Submission ) to (Sphinx):

• you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final race time
  • Final race time = lap 1 + lap 2 + lap 3
  • the deadline is Monday 10 November 11.59pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after your time has been submitted:

• pa260023zi0.jpg
  • all gold times (if any) each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of time submission
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,

OLR Admin Team

Last edited:
Here we go, looks fun Sjaak.

I'm home today so I'm going to give this a go very soon.

Hope to be back with some times in a couple hours time.

Looks as though you've been busy making threads too.

Looking good, Sjaak. 👍

I'll get my first run in tonight. 👍👍

In another thread I joked that I would have to de-dust my GT5 disc as I haven't played GT5p in a long time (since I discovered the GT4 WRS). It turned out to be quite true as the PS3 refused to recognize the disc. :crazy:

After cleaning the disc it was recognized again and I'm set to go for this first GT5p WRS. 👍

I love this part:

no cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know."

I hope to get a chance to run this tonight... :)

Lap 2
1'09.816

That is the lap 2 time from my fastest race.
I have a 1'08.912 on a previous save that had a slower total race time.

Be careful not to let a Ford GT Spec II line up behind you, he's a punter.
I then had a Nissan GT-R behind me that was never seen after the start.
I've seen some really good battles in front of me with a Viper and a Ferrari 430.
So far the only tuning was done to the brakes.

Quite an addicting first WRS race. 👍

Looks like a good start buddy 👍 I'll be sure to drive it this week now that I'm done with GT4. I see that in the race details it says to PM the final time to Sphinx, is this true or submit the time to you Sjaak?

Jerome

Surely if one of the AI cars just rams you that doesn't invalidate the run??? Why are we effectively running a 3 lap time trial with AI cars in the way as well? Don't really get this.

I noticed the calluses on my middle fingers were starting to fade...time to put them back me thinks :sly:👍

I see that in the race details it says to PM the final time to Sphinx, is this true or submit the time to you Sjaak?

Jerome

Sphinx will organise the results.

Surely if one of the AI cars just rams you that doesn't invalidate the run???

100% No contact at all.
Tip: Setting the AI level between 90 and 100 will minimize AI contact

Why are we effectively running a 3 lap time trial with AI cars in the way as well? Don't really get this.

Only in single race we can tune cars.

Surely if one of the AI cars just rams you that doesn't invalidate the run??? Why are we effectively running a 3 lap time trial with AI cars in the way as well? Don't really get this.

100% clean, no Walltouches , no AI touches

It doesn't matter who touches who. Having this strict ruling eliminates a whole range of arguments as to whether AI contact benefits or harms a submission. It is extremely unlikely that there will ever be an offline WRS race run that allows contact.

Great start of GTP WRS 👍

If I get this correctly, we are allowed to only publish lap 2 laptimes? That would mean Eiger holds no split times, because they would be useful for the leaderboard. If so I shall initiate a Luxy leaderboard consisting of lap 2 times as soon as some have been posted.
Can you confirm please Sjaak?

The Eiger has T-times but..........not shown in the replay.

A bug which affects all race replays.

Only in time trail we have T-times shown in a replay.

That's the reason we have chosen for only lap 2 times discussion.

WOW, seems every one is here :D

Hey guys Good work Sjaak and every one who's helping starting the new ERA of the WRS:odd:

Looks like we've a nice car to start with...will give it a try in a while...

Wow, the scooby at max power and min weight is fast and furious... can hardly keep pace with the gear changes! Playing with the AI strength to get best clear laps... have seen a lap 2 of 1'06.5, but got blocked on the 3rd lap.

Man, do I love this WRX!!! Took me a while to find an AI line up that let me get a clean race in, eventually I found with the AI at 90 I had a Ford GT LM Spec II in front of me and he took off so I had a clear track for the whole race (however I am a bit slow), so far:
  • Lap #2: 1`08.487
The only change I made to the initial set up is changing the 4WDtq to 50/50.

I can get a 1'07.xxx but damn it's hard trying to find the right number between 90-100 to minimize contact and maximize speed. I end up waiting behind a car and it sucks up any chance of going fast. Good choice, although a little too complicated for this simple soul. :sly:

This looks like a fun combination. 👍
If i get the chance i'll give this a go for sure.

I'd like to remind all participants of the great new GTP WRS to include their division (e.g. division 5 gold) and controller device (wheel or controller) in their posts while publishing splits or laps to streamline the leaderboard process. If you include that in your signature you won't ever have to think of it again :)

Thanks for the help 👍

EDIT Leaderboard initiated. If there's no great need I'd like not to admin the division colours as that might take some extra work. I did do that for Sphinx's first GTP Event but it took more time. Please leave your comments on this.

Last edited:
I have no division just yet... Sphinx is working on it I believe.

I had a few practise runs though and managed a 1'07.098 lap 2 but I keep having AI entanglement problems on lap 3 which destroys my lap time or I crash. Just had a good run with a S2000 GT1 in front and behind but the one in front buggered up the twisty bit and got in the way. Overtook that and then ended up in the middle of a Mine's GTR and a Corvette. That's on AI 100.

I've tuned just about everything I think...

Edit - Wishful thinking on my part. After reviewing the replay for improvement purposes, it turns out my lap 2 time was in fact 1'08.098. Oh well... keep practising then. :)

Last edited:
Gave it a try and got 1'10.517 for lap2 I was struggling with a skyline but cleared it ok after 6 times AI was 90 :D

I guess i'll try again on AI 100

Steven, no div. yet...Sphinx is working on that part :sly:

Cheers all

Did a 01.07.683, pretty hard, getting blocked all the time by one or another:ouch:

I tested this combo with the ai on weakest and was able to get them before the end of lap 1.

Not always but if you know what they do, after some tries it will go easy.
Setting the strength to 100 and with the right car in front or behind you it must be rather easy to have a clear path.

I calculated that the fast div.1 racers will be the most troubles with the ai because they will catch them early even set on 100.

Not set in stone but a feeling.:dopey:

Any way ,
We use ai this week because now we can tune the car.

So I hope the benefit of the fun will win of dealing with the AI.

Are there any rules about what tires the AI uses? For example, can I choose N1 in the race settings (so the AI runs on N1) and then change my tires to R1 in Quick Tune?

Doing this makes it very easy to pass the whole field before the end of lap 1.

Back