GTP_EDK
ps3-logo.jpg

:: GTP_Race Event 02 ::

:: Stage One ::

GTP.jpg

Please Read It All!

IMG_0078.jpg

Race Details - Divisions 1-3:
  • Mode: My Page / Online / Expert Class : 650 PP Fuji F / PRO up to 16 Players
  • Track: Fuji F
  • Make: Germany / BMW
  • Model: M3 2007
Vehicle Specifics - Divisions 1-3:

• Power / HP : Optional
  • Weight: Optional
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: NA
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: Optional
  • Performance Points: 650 PP
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional
  • Use of the G25 Clutch is Prohibited

Race Specifics - Divisions 1-3 :

• Head to head Online race.
  • 10 lap race.
  • Number of Races: 1 Race - Winner Takes All
  • If 10 laps are not possible, then the 30 second countdown will determine the end of the race.
  • If the 30 second countdown rule comes into play, the leading car at the end of the countdown will be deemed the winner.
  • All head to head races will start from grid positions 1 & 2. The Driver Listed on the left hand side of each pairing will begin first on the grid. The pairings are made at random, taking Division, Class and Region into account.
  • Any interference by non participants (drivers taking part in the public race) during the race will sometimes be unavoidable and should therefore be considered as an unavoidable part of the game.

NOTE:
Division 4 and 5 drivers have the option of racing in the assigned Intermediate event, or may race in the Professional event that's been assigned to the drivers in divisions 1-3. In order to race in the professional event, both drivers must mutually agree to the change. If both drivers cannot agree, the Intermediate event must be used.

Race Details - Divisions 4-5:

• Mode: My Page / Online / Intermediate Class : 650PP Fuji F / STD, up to 12 Players
  • Track: Fuji F
  • Make: Germany / BMW
  • Model: M3 2007

Vehicle Specifics - Divisions 4-5:

• Power / HP : Optional
  • Weight: Optional
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Downforce: NA
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: Optional
  • Performance Points: 650PP
  • Tuning: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional
  • Use of the G25 Clutch is Prohibited

Race Specifics - Divisions 4-5 :

• Head to head Online race.
  • 3 lap race.
  • Number of Races: 3 Races - First Racer to Win 2 races wins the round.
  • If 3 laps are not possible, then the 30 second countdown will determine the end of the race.
  • If the 30 second countdown rule comes into play, the leading car at the end of the countdown will be deemed the winner.
  • All head to head races will start from grid positions 1 & 2. The Driver Listed on the left hand side of each pairing will begin first on the grid. The pairings are made at random, taking Division, Class and Region into account.
  • Any interference by non participants (drivers taking part in the public race) during the race will sometimes be unavoidable and should therefore be considered as an unavoidable part of the game

Special Instructions:

• Green areas, including grass areas are not considered part of the track (see image examples below)
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

clean01.jpg
dirty01.jpg

clean02.jpg
dirty02.jpg

clean03.jpg
dirty03.jpg

clean04.jpg
dirty04.jpg

clean05.jpg
dirty05.jpg

clean06.jpg
dirty06.jpg

Moving off the Public Start Grid:

When placed on the left or right side of the public start grid it is important that you move off the start grid in a manner that doesn't interfere with those who are competing in the public race. Below you will see two examples on how to move off the start grid safely. Please practice the method shown, to be sure you are comfortable with it prior to your actual race.

Moving off the Left Grid Safely:

Moving off the Right Grid Safely:

Grid Positions:

When the start grid is clear of all cars competing in the public race, make your way to start grid positions 1 & 2 as quickly as possible. The driver who is listed on the left in the pairings will take position number 1 on the grid.

Grid Position 1:
grid1.jpg

Grid Position 2:
grid22.jpg

Race Start Time Rules:

The head to head race will start exactly 30 seconds after the commencement of the public race.

All drivers are solely responsible for any delay in getting to their grid position. If any driver fails to get to their grid position in due time, then the other driver has the right to commence racing at the 30 second start time.

If both drivers fail to reach their designated grid positions before the 30 second start time, then the start time will begin at 40 seconds after the start of the public race.

Drivers Responsibilities:

All driver pairings are responsible for:

• Arranging (via PM) the date & time for their head to head race.
  • Selecting a date & time within the allotted time frame.
  • Allocating one driver from each pairings to inform (via PM) the Race Steward, EDK of the the result of the race.
  • It is the responsibility of all driver pairings to initially govern themselves in regard to any racing disputes.
  • If any racing dispute cannot be resolved then it is the responsibility of both parties to contact the Race Stewards individually by following the race dispute procedure below.
  • All disputes must be conducted in a gentlemanly manner and in private.
  • The drivers may, at their own discretion, ask another GTP_Tagged driver to act as a 3rd party observer during their race. The drivers would need to mutually agree upon this, and it is not a requirement.

All unresolved racing disputes must follow this procedure:

1. If a racing dispute cannot be resolved privately then as a last resort contact any designated Race Steward with the following information.
  2. Name PM subject title 'Racing Dispute'
  3. Supply GTP_Tag of drivers concerned.
  4. Supply event name
  5. Supply Date & time of event
  6. Supply Cars driven by drivers
  7. Supply full details and any other relevant information relating to the race dispute.

If a race dispute is received, then the Race Stewards will make a decision for both parties involved. All decisions made by the Race Stewards are final, and are not open to appeal at this time.

Car Options:

All drivers are free to choose how they want their car to be set up. The only exception is the specified PP must be used. (see the Vehicle Specifics for your division above)

Time Frame:

• All races must take place no later than February 9th, 2009 at 11:59 pm GMT. You must send a PM to me (EDK) before that date and time.
  • If you are unable to make contact with the driver you are paired against, PM me (EDK) with the details within 48 hours of the event deadline.
  • Failure to agree a date & time (Or make contact according to the procedure above) before the deadline will result in disqualification.

OLR Rules & Guidelines:

Follow this link to the GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

All drivers are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the current rules and guidelines. The rules and guidelines are open to change without notice, so be sure to check for changes before taking part in any event.

105 Event 02 Entrants:

22 Division 1
Entrants

GTP_Bollocks(DQ)
GTP_D.Holland (Withdrawal)
GTP_MeAgainstYou
GTP_PrudentBear
GTP_spyrrari1
GTP_Timppaq
GTP_mad94d(Withdrawal)
GTP_Mr_P
GTP_Racer_LP
GTP_Sphinx
GTP_Stotty
GTP_Superwally
GTP_Aki
GTP_DustDriver
GTP_Grim_Reaper
GTP_Hyperuk
GTP_JackStanley
GTP_Manuelos
GTP_mr_VOLCANO
GTP_Stevisiov
GTP_SuperDan(DQ)

25 Division 2 Entrants
GTP_alexi
GTP_andrewyhy
GTP_Fuzzy
GTP_J-PaP (Withdrawal)
GTP_JvM
GTP_MARSHALL
GTP_Member(DQ)
GTP_PASM(DQ)
GTP_Ren-Tec
GTP_Sauber-F1
GTP_theewar
GTP_Vaxen
GTP_2Fast4Stig
GTP_a1PAPAOSA
GTP_Calcifer
GTP_Oldnail1
GTP_bobzed
GTP_EDK
GTP_FLASH48
GTP_Lyvan
GTP_MJH
GTP_mr_geez
GTP_Sjaak
GTP_Synwraith

36 Division 3
Entrants

GTP_aussienicko
GTP_chupacabrito
GTP_Davey07-O37
GTP_Doggyollie
GTP_ENERGIYA
GTP_fusflash
GTP_HAAS599(DQ)
GTP_Iratherwalk
GTP_LinPark
GTP_mojito
GTP_Paulie
GTP_PyroZona
GTP_Rob
GTP_ThaCrazyOne(DQ)
GTP_Tzayad
GTP_uk86ze
GTP_vanuber7
GTP_zed300
GTP_Animera
GTP_Ardius
GTP_bevofrancis
GTP_Crispy74

GTP_DukeOfPendle
GTP_grevling9294
GTP_LeaoD
GTP_Mav3r1cK
GTP_Paolopepper(DQ)
GTP_Ponyspanker
GTP_RacingFreak
GTP_Spitfire(DQ)
GTP_Dr1ft-k1ng99
GTP_gtbadboy
GTP_LeMans
GTP_Noah(Withdrawal)
GTP_Pariah
GTP_roomboter

18 Division 4
Entrants

GTP_ Sedubius
GTP_ChaseaceJ
GTP_HYDRO
GTP_KARTRACER
GTP_Lagas
GTP_NEIL_1980(Withdrawal)
GTP_RACECAR
GTP_Sureshot
GTP_Twisted
GTP_wolfdude
GTP_d3br34k5
GTP_Liston
GTP_paltik
GTP_SteveO1965
GTP_Locozade(DQ)
GTP_Bigracer
GTP_Im_Sorry
GTP_ZippyUK(Withdrawal)

4 Division 5 Entrants
GTP_derowo
GTP_Marooned
GTP_MobySPD
GTP_DaddyVDUB

Round One Pairings:

Division 1

• GTP_PrudentBear (Bye Week)
  • GTP_spyrrari1 (Bye Week)
  • GTP_Timppaq (Bye Week)
  • GTP_MeAgainstYou (Bye Week)
  • GTP_mad94d v GTP_Sphinx
  • GTP_Stotty v GTP_Racer_LP
  • GTP_Superwally v GTP_Mr_P
  • GTP_SuperDan v GTP_Manuelos
  • GTP_JackStanley v GTP_Wayne
  • GTP_DustDriver v GTP_Stevisiov
  • GTP_Grim_Reaper v GTP_Aki
  • GTP_Hyperuk v GTP_mr_VOLCANO

Division 2

• GTP_andrewyhy v GTP_MARSHALL
  • GTP_Fuzzy v GTP_Vaxen
  • GTP_alexi v GTP_JvM
  • GTP_PASM v GTP_Ren-Tec
  • GTP_Member(DQ) v GTP_theewar
  • GTP_Sauber-F1 v GTP_J-PaP(Withdrawal)
  • GTP_a1PAPAOSA v GTP_Oldnail1
  • GTP_Calcifer v GTP_2Fast4Stig
  • GTP_mr_geez v GTP_bobzed
  • GTP_Lyvan v GTP_MJH
  • GTP_EDK v GTP_FLASH48
  • GTP_Synwraith v GTP_Sjaak
  • GTP_Cohiba100 (Bye Week)

Division 3

• GTP_Doggyollie v GTP_Iratherwalk
  • GTP_PyroZona v GTP_mojito
  • GTP_HAAS599 v GTP_chupacabrito
  • GTP_Tzayad v GTP_fusflash
  • GTP_Rob v GTP_LinPark (PAL)
  • GTP_ENERGIYA v GTP_aussienicko
  • GTP_vanuber7 v GTP_Davey07-O37
  • GTP_uk86ze v GTP_zed300
  • GTP_Paulie v GTP_ThaCrazyOne
  • GTP_DRIV300 v GTP_bevofrancis
  • GTP_Ponyspanker v GTP_RacingFreak
  • GTP_LeaoD v GTP_Paolopepper
  • GTP_Ardius v GTP_Spitfire
  • GTP_Animera v GTP_grevling9294
  • GTP_Crispy74 v GTP_DukeOfPendle
  • GTP_Mav3r1cK (Bye Week)
  • GTP_Noah(Withdrawal) v GTP_gtbadboy
  • GTP_Pariah (Bye Week)
  • GTP_LeMans v GTP_Dr1ft-k1ng99
  • GTP_roomboter (Bye Week)

Division 4

• GTP_KARTRACER v GTP_ChaseaceJ
  • GTP_ Sedubius v GTP_RACECAR
  • GTP_HYDRO Bye Week
  • GTP_wolfdude v GTP_NEIL_1980(Withdrawal)
  • GTP_Sureshot v GTP_Twisted
  • GTP_Lagas (Bye Week)
  • GTP_d3br34k5 v GTP_paltik
  • GTP_Lucozade v GTP_SteveO1965
  • GTP_Liston (JPN) v GTP_Im_Sorry (NTSC)
  • GTP_ZippyUK(Withdrawal) v GTP_Bigracer

Division 5

• GTP_Marooned v GTP_derowo
  • GTP_MobySPD (Bye Week)
  • GTP_DaddyVDUB (Bye Until Division Championship)
Good luck,

OLR Admin Team :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Looking good 👍 ..one question though. How about using man.clutch? Or is it even available for the M3?

I was wondering how you were gonna figure out to have a head to head race. That's a great tutorial on how to pull off the grid:tup: Really well done EDK!👍 Can't wait to race Sphinx.

Great work Kevin :bowdown: looking forward to doing this.
VERY good choice imho to give us slower players a STD race to partake in 👍

This kind of competitions, and all the stuff here in GTPlanet, really pays back every frustrated feelings about PD's doings, and loooong wait of GT5.

Thank you so much! 👍

I agree - great work Kevin 👍👍👍

What's the consensus on preferred start time?
Current GTP schedule is xx.00 and xx.30
Sticking to this would mean there are more GTP tags on the grid, so less chance of "outside interference"
Starting at an odd time would likely result in a smaller grid, but with more non-GTP tagged drivers.

I guess if the race was flagged up in the race thread, then people would know to give the competitors a wide berth.

Anyone else with some thoughts?

I think running it at this 00, 30 would be better because your not likely to catch the GTP field, off that schedule, you could have more punters. I think run at 00 30 as long as all the GTPer's don't slow down and sticky beak.

Another factor with running on GTP schedule:
It's likely that the M3 will be more than a minute back from the leader by L10, especially if there are STi's running. Not particularly a problem - it's already stated that the leading driver at the end of the race wins.

I agree - great work Kevin 👍👍👍

What's the consensus on preferred start time?
Current GTP schedule is xx.00 and xx.30
Sticking to this would mean there are more GTP tags on the grid, so less chance of "outside interference"
Starting at an odd time would likely result in a smaller grid, but with more non-GTP tagged drivers.

I guess if the race was flagged up in the race thread, then people would know to give the competitors a wide berth.

Anyone else with some thoughts?

Yes, i fell the same way. The only problem i think there may be is the punters wrecking your chances of a good battle.

Any arrangements in regard to race schedule is entirely at the discretion of each pairing. I would advise keeping away from the public forum time slots and keep your agreed start time private.

We have a chat room here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=207 and it would be advisable for each paring to meet up before the race, make a private race room, password protect it and go from there.

I also want to point out that any arrangements in regard to race date should be done via PM. Please don't clutter this thread about problems you're having arranging an agreeable date for the race. If you are having problems and require help, then contact an OLR Race Admin via PM. 👍

I tell you something the M3 at Fuji is truly epic. I have had 3 online races and wasted the opposition everytime. The oposition has included tuned Clio's, F430's, & GTR's. None have come close.

I never thought a BMW could be that good.

Excellent combo.

👍

Same for me Grim. I didn't think it would be that fast but it is. The NZ/AU crowd had a fair few practice races tonight. It is a brilliant combo:tup:

I guess week 2 will be a whole new race? That means I don't have to practise in the M3 at Fuji at all, only to tune it for who ever wants a tune.

Looking good 👍 ..one question though. How about using man.clutch? Or is it even available for the M3?

Not sure if it's available, but use of the clutch is prohibited in any GTP_OLR event. I'll update the race rules accordingly.

I was wondering how you were gonna figure out to have a head to head race. That's a great tutorial on how to pull off the grid:tup: Really well done EDK!👍 Can't wait to race Sphinx.

You owe those kudos to your race partner. He set all of that up in event 01, I just copied it over. 👍

Another factor with running on GTP schedule:
It's likely that the M3 will be more than a minute back from the leader by L10, especially if there are STi's running. Not particularly a problem - it's already stated that the leading driver at the end of the race wins.
I ran some races last night, using my NTSC copy. I also ran some free run, and I can tell you that the Ferarri California will almost certainly be faster for anyone, but STi's should not be an issue, since the event is RWD only. I had one race that I was in with a Ford GT-LM and a Tuned Clio. I pulled off the grid and started at the 30 second mark, and had passed both by lap 7. :eek:

I'm suggesting the California will be a good option for anyone chosen to follow the racers, unless said driver is in a higher division and has practiced the combo. We had discussed going with a lower PP to make following easier, but I also wanted the racers to be able to keep up with the field and actually finish the race, if possible. So I made an executive decision. ;)

Yes, i fell the same way. The only problem i think there may be is the punters wrecking your chances of a good battle.
As stated in the rules, that's part of racing. And the delayed start should help. Finally, Fuji being such a wide track, the punters will have a little tougher go of it.

Any arrangements in regard to race schedule is entirely at the discretion of each pairing. I would advise keeping away from the public forum time slots and keep your agreed start time private.

We have a chat room here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=207 and it would be advisable for each paring to meet up before the race, make a private race room, password protect it and go from there.

I also want to point out that any arrangements in regard to race date should be done via PM. Please don't clutter this thread about problems you're having arranging an agreeable date for the race. If you are having problems and require help, then contact an OLR Race Admin via PM. 👍
Thanks for working while I sleep, Jerry. :sly:

I guess week 2 will be a whole new race? That means I don't have to practise in the M3 at Fuji at all, only to tune it for who ever wants a tune.

I honestly haven't decided yet. But I wouldn't rule out this same combo.

And for everyone, one thing I hadn't mentioned yet. The entire draw was completely random. The only specifics were that I paired drivers within the same region, division and class. So those of you with Byes just got a free pass into the second week, courtesy of the random number generator in Excel. And all of those magnificent pairings are mainly because those drivers are in the same class, which does make them epic. 👍

And thanks for the kind words on the combo. The Beamer is near and dear to my heart, my daily is a black '02 325i. And you can see the GT4 series I ran in my sig as well. :D

:cheers:
Kevin

👍 alright.. wasn't worried about it, but just wanted to get it right 👍 Thanks for your hard work :cheers:

I am loving this combo, I would suggest once this round is out of the way we run this as an event as this car is truly unbeatable. I have a record of 5 online races and 5 wins. If this is what I can do, it is acary what some of you guys can come up with. This would make a truly epic event for all GTP'ers to go at in one race.

Why not make a practise session thread? :D 👍

Up to you guys. If you want to make a thread in the race events section with alternate times, fine by me. I've done as much thread making as I'm going to do. :sly:

Im guessing there's no harm in practicing with your matched player, as long as you dont wait @ the start?

No issue at all. As a matter of fact, I saw it happen by chance quite a few times while I was stewarding for Event 01. The drivers would be warming up for their actual race and would end up in the same race together. I also ran with J-Pap and Linpark for about 2 more hours after I stewarded their 3 races. :D

It's all a matter of strategy, so I would also say that no driver is required to do this. If you want to meet for practice but the person you are paired with does not, you need to respect their decision, whether it's due to time or strategy. 👍

EDK
Up to you guys. If you want to make a thread in the race events section with alternate times, fine by me. I've done as much thread making as I'm going to do. :sly:

No issue at all. As a matter of fact, I saw it happen by chance quite a few times while I was stewarding for Event 01. The drivers would be warming up for their actual race and would end up in the same race together. I also ran with J-Pap and Linpark for about 2 more hours after I stewarded their 3 races. :D

It's all a matter of strategy, so I would also say that no driver is required to do this. If you want to meet for practice but the person you are paired with does not, you need to respect their decision, whether it's due to time or strategy. 👍

Cool as cucumber. :cheers: :gtpflag:

great job here Kev.👍 I'm really liking the M3, always have. Looking forward to this and appreciate you / Sphinx' hard work.:cheers:

great job here Kev.👍 I'm really liking the M3, always have. Looking forward to this and appreciate you / Sphinx' hard work.:cheers:

Thanks Ron. Great to have you in here. :D

For all - I've just edited the first post and added some special instructions in regard to the green run off areas. Please follow these rules during your race. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back