Initial D AE86

Ghost_Drift1
Hi guys was wondering if this car is in the PAL version. I know it is GT3 as a prize car but I cant fined it in GT4. but I have seen a photo mode of the AE86 with a black bonnet on Google. Can anybody tell me if it is in the PAL version and wher I can get it from.

I disagree. The AE86 may not be the fastest, nor is it slick or a great-handler, but it's got other traits very desireable to many. Cheap price. A great car to putter around slower races. Accessible to noobs (even in GT4 in my opinion). Fame on the Initial D show. A great drifter real-life and in the game(s), tho in GT4 it's not as easy to drift until you start messing with it. :(

I wouldn't miss it if it didn't make it into GT5, but I'm glad it's been with us thru the first 4 games.

Last edited:
yes i like it a lot ( i am trying to get better at drifting) if you want to help here is the video

Last edited:
I why Toyota kept producing that outdated econobox.

They didn't. PD was just dumb.

No, Kaz just paid homage to the actual car of the author of the I-D series, Shuichi Shigeno. ;) From wiki:

Shuichi Shigeno (重野 秀一 or しげの 秀一, Shigeno Shūichi?, born March 8, 1958) is a Japanese manga author famous for the anime and manga Initial D. Shigeno has also created Bari Bari Densetsu, Dopkan, and Tunnel Nuketara Sky Blue ("First Love in Summer") all prior to the manga that would make him famous in 1995.[citation needed] In 1985, he received the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen for Bari Bari Densetsu.[1]

He owns a 1980s Toyota Sprinter Trueno with a panda white color scheme, like his manga's main character Takumi. He also owns a Steel Blue Mica-colored 1999 WRX Type STi Version 5 with a STi sports bumper (a part from the STi sport catalogue made to look like the 22B STi bumper but fits non-wide body Imprezas) just like the main character's father, Bunta. One of his notable students is Jyoji Morikawa, creator of Hajime no Ippo

So PD put in his personal AE86, it's not a 1 off version or anything production like.

Oh, I see.

'cause it did make me go ? a bit when I wondered if they didn't actually stop making it.

They would of remodeled the Corolla and put it FWD instead of RWD. But still have the badges.

Yeah. this thing.

new-ae86.jpg

Like I said, its not too bad. Its a sleek round look. The box types seems to die down now, luckily the owners of the famous AE86 will be proud of a classic that they might have. ( If they only consider it a classic like my 240sx)

Yea but if they bring back the AE86, it'll [sarcasm]weigh in at about 3,500 pounds and be loaded with GPS, fully-adjustable & heated seats, traction control (non-defeatable), etc...nothing like the cheap, lightweight original.[/sarcasm]

Yea but if they bring back the AE86, it'll [sarcasm]weigh in at about 3,500 pounds and be loaded with GPS, fully-adjustable & heated seats, traction control (non-defeatable), etc...nothing like the cheap, lightweight original.[/sarcasm]
Carbon Fiber Door Panels and probably like two front side air bags and side passenger airbags.

You cant beat the old AE86 hence why I wouldnt buy the new one.

But anyway back to topic. Does anyone know if their is a cycle to the SS ae86 like there is for the black race cars?

ooof..

I don't know man...it looks too much like a Scion. I mean, it'll probably be a good car...hell, all Toyota products are nowadays. I don't like its looks, tho.

What do you think, Toronado?

Ghost Drift: Yes, there is a cycle. If it's a used car, it's part of a grand cycle. You gotta look up the GT4 stickies to find out when they show up.

Last edited:
But anyway back to topic. Does anyone know if their is a cycle to the SS ae86 like there is for the black race cars?
Yes. My first post in the thread contained the link to the PAL car lists, which show all of the cycles for the used cars.

Back