"Gran Turismo Brand Manager" Job Vacancy (London, UK)

• Thread starter Obli
  • 24 comments
Gadbury / GTP_Gadbury
Just a heads up for those that like to speculate, or those (like me) that are looking for a job (unfortunately, marketing is not my area):

-----

Title: Gran Turismo Brand Manager
Category: Management, Marketing, Product/Brand
Managers Reference: SON1/0001
Salary: DOE
Date Posted: 27th February 2009
Recruiter: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Description: Gran Turismo Brand Manager Required
Gran Turismo is not just a game, it is one of the biggest brands in interactive entertainment. To support GT’s continuing growth, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is looking for a proven videogames marketeer with a passion for cars and motorsport.

Based in Central London, this key strategic role includes responsibility for:

• Shaping the range of GT products and services across the EMEA region
• Developing marketing strategies and providing campaign materials for all SCEE territory offices
• Building and maintaining relationships with licensors across Europe

Please send your C.V. and salary expectations to:

HR Admin, Human Resources Department, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, 4th Floor, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP

or

hradmin@scee.net

subject line: Gran Turismo.[/INDENT]

-----

source: https://www.mcvuk.com/jobs/job/1854

I love

"Please send your C.V. and salary expectations "

I am happy to undercut :P

"Gran Turismo is not just a game, it is one of the biggest brands in interactive entertainment."

Just in case we had any doubts, at least it shows Sony is serious about Gran Turismo continuing into the future...

I heard Jack Bauer already has the job. He has 24 hours to sell 1 trillion copies in the uk alone lol

"Yo dawg I heard you like GT. So I put a GT in your GT so you can drive while you drive"

Hmmm would be better with a pic of Xzibit lol

Last edited:
this is a person being paid a high amount of money set out to try and sell us anything with a GT badge.
they could take up watching daytime soaps and still be able pay the bills.

PD - I am a very busy schoolboy with no time to do your supposive *work*, but I need money, so why not give it to me and I'll sell the people your game - because we all know the fans and consumers need persuading.

I was made redundant in November, could this be the move I am looking for.

I am off now to doctor my cv. :D

First thing on my agenda would be to let the fans now what is going on. Vote for me 👍 :D

I was made redundant in November, could this be the move I am looking for.

I am off now to doctor my cv. :D

First thing on my agenda would be to let the fans now what is going on. Vote for me 👍 :D

+1 for Grim!!! 👍

It would be awesome if a GT fan we know of got the job - go for it Grim! Nothing to lose. Besides, GT games sell themselves, all you would have to do is spread the word... I have a feeling loads of people are waiting for GT5. Also, Prologue is still the biggest PS3 seller in a week of sales.

I've sent an email off to SCEE telling them that Mr G Reaper is the man for the job! 👍

News just in According to scee "80% of applicants are part of a band of GT fans from a website/forum called GTPlanet"...... I bet that is exactly how it is for them haha btw if anyone asks what I just said is not a fact

No harm in trying - at least GT Planet applicants will have a passion for the game and cars / motorsport, and have a clue what fans want :) I'd much rather one of us got the job... I have a friend that works for SCEE in marketing and she doesn't own a Playstation or give much of a damn about games - she's just a good bull-******* :)

No harm in trying - at least GT Planet applicants will have a passion for the game and cars / motorsport, and have a clue what fans want :) I'd much rather one of us got the job... I have a friend that works for SCEE in marketing and she doesn't own a Playstation or give much of a damn about games - she's just a good bull-******* :)

That's the deal with marketing, you don't have to believe in or even like the product your trying to sell ( it's got to help though ), as long as the buyer thinks you do, you will make sales.:sly: However with GT5, they shouldn't be much need to lie or much need to talk people into buying it, a lot of people will buy it just because it's a GT game, me included. The hard part of this job seems to be coming up with some other GT products and trying to sell them. Do people really want a Gran Turismo cup, or hat, or whatever else, I don't know. Good Luck to anyone who applies from here and I hope one of you gets the job.

haha I can just see it now. "Hi my name is [insert name here] and I'm from a place called scee. we market, manufacture playstation games. I'm here to tell you about our lates game. It's called Gran T" "SOLD!" haha

If anyone here gets the job, I would like to order a Gran Turismo keyring :D

EDIT: and one copy of GT5 (PAL) :P

I applied. I was also rejected.

I don't think it helps that I'm an American who hasn't graduated from college yet, would be a bit of a risk to pick a foreigner with no experience. I'll get them next time.

Submitted my CV Last night, wont give too many high hopes on it though but no harm in trying, I even added to my CV about all my interests into the Gran Turismo Brand and my acheivement i'm proud of to do with Gran Turismo :) everyone should update this thread if they anything back!

Nice one Marky 👍

I'd be interested to know of any progress or contact from those that apply.

Back