• 27 comments
EL_ZISSOU
emotion-29.gif
emotion-29.gif
Saturday Night Fever
emotion-29.gif
emotion-29.gif

johntravolta5.jpg

The Schedule: Saturday, 3.14.2009, starting at 8:00pm EST, and every :30 and :00 until the party stops!

The Track: Daytona Road Course

00_DaytonaRoadCourse.JPG

daytona.jpg

The Cars: Any rear-driven car of your choice (FR, MR)

ford-gt-front.jpg

2008_bmw_m3_convertible_in_blue_images_1.jpg

The Tires: S3 or R1 only, let's keep things somewhat even 👍

The Live Race Chat: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=189#

The GTP Tuning Garages: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192

Your Host: EL_ZISSOU

15TEAM.1.650.jpg

See you on the track! :cheers:

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. My girlfriend is away this weekend so I won't get any grief for racing all night :sly:

Might not make the first one, but I'll be in there for sure!

Sounds good to me. My girlfriend is away this weekend so I won't get any grief for racing all night :sly:

Might not make the first one, but I'll be in there for sure!

sounds good egg- i was just trying to keep your concept going from last night, since it was lots of fun. thanks for the few good races last night, we had some fun battles. sorry i was a little choppy, i had sat out for an hour or two and was using a controller, so it took me half a race or so to smooth it out.

tonight i will have my wheel set up, so at the least i will be able to hold her steady :cheers:

Im very excited! What cars will you guys be running?

hey, its pretty wide open. any front-engine rear-wheel drive or mid-engine rear-wheel drive car is what we are shooting for. looking to discourage the 4wd battleships for these races at least :)

personally, im going to give a lot of different cars a shot- skyline tuned, m3, lexus, ford gt, s2000, corvettes, rx7, etc. hope to see you there :cheers:

Im very excited! What cars will you guys be running?

Not sure yet. I was experimenting with a bunch of cars last night. I'm leaning towards straight line speed with a 500+hp beast on S3's (F40, 599, Ford GT, Z06) although last night I caved and started running the Skyline coupe on R1's as it was much less stressful to keep it on the track.

I'll try and make an appearance in the Tuned Skyline. 👍

:lol: @ some of the pictures in your post Zissou..

Well I love my RX-7 FD but i dont think i can get it up to 650 is this ok or 650 is the only PP number we can have?

sweet 👍 it prob wont be that competitive, but thats my baby!

sweet 👍 it prob wont be that competitive, but thats my baby!

hey i just had a look, and the rx7 can be at 650pp on r1s no problem. you may want to have another look- my setup has it as:

power +34
weight 85%
tires r1/r1
aeros 0 0

In at the 8:30 at least. Starting with R1 Viper go from there. F40 at some point later.....

Last edited:
I just want to throw out a blanket apology in advance if I'm holding anyone up in the infield or under braking. I can turn decent laps with the Skyline/Tuned but I have a hard time keeping her under control.

Well, a couple of looners in Cappucinos...what were they up to?

Other than that, was fun.
Nice event idea, EL_ZISSOU

hey thanks for the good clean races man. and we can thank egghead for the event since he got things going yesterday under the main DR thread. :cheers:

Original post has been updated to reflect this Saturday's date. Keeping the car requirements the same this week, in support of some of the other races going on, in case anyone wants to find some people to practice with.

See you on the track :cheers:

Original post has been updated to reflect this Saturday's date. Keeping the car requirements the same this week, in support of some of the other races going on, in case anyone wants to find some people to practice with.

See you on the track :cheers:

Cool, I'm in for at least a couple. EL_ZISSOU, you might want to run :15 & :45 as plenty of random (*cough*) drivers have figured out :00 and :30.

when does this start?

Hey, its in the first post- tonight at 8pm and every :30 and :00 til question mark 👍

Hey clacksman, thanks for the warning. i recall last time we picked up a few nasty drivers, but we also had some good drivers unknowingly join the party, so im thinking of trying again at the popular times. if it gets ugly i will make sure we move the times next time around. hope to see you there! :cheers:

Hey clacksman, thanks for the warning. i recall last time we picked up a few nasty drivers, but we also had some good drivers unknowingly join the party, so im thinking of trying again at the popular times. if it gets ugly i will make sure we move the times next time around. hope to see you there! :cheers:

True enough. Be there for some at least, car undecided. I'm lurking for setups now.

I'll try to make it out for a few tonight. So far I've been fastest in the 599 on S3's, and most consistent in the Skyline Coupe on R1's. Maybe I'll just drive a Z06 or something...

Back