Nissan Skyline GT-R V-specII Nur tune for Nurburgring

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 13 comments
England
Bromley
V16T91
E0nLeader
I just managed to win the Nurburgring 24h enduro with a fully tuned Skyline GT-R V-specII Nur '02, and the only settings I changed was the gear ratios.

Now I'm going to take a try again, only this time, I'll try and get a lineup with the Chaparral 2D. I need a setup for the Skyline GT-R that involves changing something else other just ratios.

Anyone have any ideas for a setup?

EDIT: I actually used an original suspension and turbo, rather than racing and Stage 4, so you'll have to bear in mind that I'll have no way to adjust the bound and rebound for the dampers.

If you dont have a setup yet I have a nice one for the Ring and the car you describe WITH also original suspension and turbo! :D Just finished it last night and on a semi-clean lap with a couple of mistakes I was at 6.50,xxx for a lap... I think with no mistakes and a good clean lap you'll be going WAY faster! I however have not tuned it for a real race... just for free runs and race meets... with no tire wear... So I have no idea how the tires will react with tire wear on since there is a considerable amount of camber and toe front and rear... Anyway.. if you want a go with it let me know and I'll post the tune here... I think the GTR I have is at 911 BHP... does that sound right?

Last edited:
That sounds vaguely familiar.. has someone tried to build a competitor to my popular Grim R34per? :sly:

That sounds vaguely familiar.. has someone tried to build a competitor to my popular Grim R34per? :sly:

Didnt have that in mind when I made the tune... :D and I dont tune much in GT4... but hey.. if youre up for a comparison I'll post it here... I did take a peak at your Grim R34per settings, but in the end my settings turned out to be the total opposite of what you have, which is pretty normal from a tuning standpoint :) Maybe because I was tuning on the Ring and also specifically for the Ring... So I have no idea how it runs on other tracks ?? If you're interested I'll post it up tonight when I get home from work 👍

I'm interested in testing your R34, Blitz187 👍

Cool man! I'll be home shortly and I'll post it up... Do keep in mind though this tune was just intended as a fun tune, for those days when you just feel like ripping a couple of laps on the Ring in free run :D So tire wear affects and such in race conditions have not been taken into account... It does however drive the Ring really well IMO... and blazingly fast 👍 You'll see it in a bit.

BHT Nissan Skyline GT-R V-specII Nur '02 Ring Rocket :D

- Tuned specifically for the Ring
- Tuned with a DFP

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Turbo Kit Stage 5
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Displacement Increase
Racing Chip
NOS
FC LSD
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Original Suspension kit
VCD
R4/Soft Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Oil Change
Rear Wing

NOS: 65

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.8 / 7.0
Ride Height: 100 / 105
Damper: 5 / 6
Camber: 5.4 / 3.9
Toe: 3 / -2
Stabilizers: 6 / 6

Transmission
Gear Ratios
STOCK

Autoset: 18

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 33

LSD:
Initial: 11 / 13
Accel.: 47 / 47
Decel.: 37 / 44

Driving Aids:
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

VCD: 35

balance weight: 0

Some things to keep in mind... Dont get throttle happy and stay smooth... small precise steering movements and it will treat you nice :D And not tested under race conditions... yet....

And hope you dont mind Leo, borrowed your setup template since I dont do tunes in GT4... :D This is a one time thing :lol: Thanks!

Last edited:
BHT Nissan Skyline GT-R V-specII Nur '02 Ring Rocket :D

- Tuned specifically for the Ring
- Tuned with a DFP

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Turbo Kit Stage 5
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Displacement Increase
Racing Chip
NOS
FC LSD
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Original Suspension kit
VCD
R4/Soft Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Oil Change
Rear Wing

NOS: 65

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.8 / 7.0
Ride Height: 100 / 105
Damper: 5 / 6
Camber: 5.4 / 3.9
Toe: 3 / -2
Stabilizers: 6 / 6

Transmission
Gear Ratios
STOCK

Autoset: 18

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 33

LSD:
Initial: 11 / 13
Accel.: 47 / 47
Decel.: 37 / 44

Driving Aids:
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

VCD: 35

balance weight: 0

Some things to keep in mind... Dont get throttle happy and stay smooth... small precise steering movements and it will treat you nice :D And not tested under race conditions... yet....

And hope you dont mind Leo, borrowed your setup template since I dont do tunes in GT4... :D This is a one time thing :lol: Thanks!

Nice setup, but I still have one question in mind. Will it still kill off the 'killer' Chaparrel 2D? If so, I'll go ahead, but if not...well, I'll just have to A-Spec all 24 hours of the enduro. :scared:

You don't need the nitrous, and since you fitted it, why do 65 and not the full 70hp?? It's going to go down just as quickly when you're using it. A better idea for something long term would be to only have it at 20-25hp.

And as for the camber, you really want the car to ride on the inside rim don't you?? 5.4/3.9?? That's pretty extreme in any book then to add that toe into it, the car won't have any tyre wear because it will be riding on the rims. :scared::eek:

You don't need the nitrous, and since you fitted it, why do 65 and not the full 70hp?? It's going to go down just as quickly when you're using it. A better idea for something long term would be to only have it at 20-25hp.

And as for the camber, you really want the car to ride on the inside rim don't you?? 5.4/3.9?? That's pretty extreme in any book then to add that toe into it, the car won't have any tyre wear because it will be riding on the rims. :scared::eek:

I know what you mean, if you would have read previous posts I specifically stated this was a fun tune that I use in free run... So tire wear and race conditions was NOT taken into account... If you guys wanna see a propers RACE setup then I need some time and I will make a serious proper tune.. I only posted this up since I saw C-Zeta needed a Ring Setup for a car that I had just completed a tune for... even though its a bit extreme here and there... Since theres no tire wear, the toe and camber is not that much of an issue and have you tried the setup in free run yet?? Take a look at how fast you can accelerate in some corners due to the toe and camber.... You live in Australia so I take it youve seen V8 supercars... to my recollection they also run ridiculous camber when I watch the races.... :D

Nice setup, but I still have one question in mind. Will it still kill off the 'killer' Chaparrel 2D? If so, I'll go ahead, but if not...well, I'll just have to A-Spec all 24 hours of the enduro. :scared:

I have no idea if it can beat it... havent tried myself :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back