Wheels (F): 18x8.0-inch 5-spoke Alluminum Alloy
Wheels (R): 18x9.0-inch 5-spoke Alluminum Alloy
Tires Front: Yokohama ADVAN Sport P225/50R18
Tires Rear: Yokohama ADVAN Sport P245/45R18
Front Suspension: Forged Alluminum Double Wishbone
Rear Suspension: Unicrafted (No Welding) 4 Link

Drivetrain
Layout: Front Engine, RWD
Transmission: Close-Ratio 6 Speed Manual with SynchroRev Match Automatic Rev-Matching System

Engine
Type: VQ37VHR Variable Valve Timing NA V6

Engine & Transmission
Displacement cu in (cc): 3.7 liters
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 332 bhp @ 7000 rpm
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 270 lb-ft. @ 5200 rpm
Redline at RPM: 7500 rpm

Exterior
Body Type: 2 Door, 2 Seat Sports Coupe
Length: 167.1 inches
Base Price: $29,900

Last edited:
I am divided, it's currently at neutral for me so I will hold off voting for now.👍

Funny you should say that, when it's shorter and lighter (in essence, smaller) than the version it replaces...

I voted Seriously Uncool.

Not only I'd say I didn't like the looks of it even if I had never seen a 350Z, I fail to understand how the 370 is an improvement over the 350.

The 350 is gorgeous. The 370 is just... weird. None of the lights (front and back) even suit the car's design, what were they thinking?

^ Look at the post above yours. It's lighter and smaller than the car that preceded it. Plus, it circles a skidpad with more grip than a Cayman S and the interior finally doesn't look like the parts were sourced from Rubbermaid.

M

Funny you should say that, when it's shorter and lighter (in essence, smaller) than the version it replaces...

^ Look at the post above yours. It's lighter and smaller than the car that preceded it.

Any car that is lighter and more powerful than it's predecessor deserves this.

That's not saying much when what you're preceding is a tank. It's like saying the Ford Expedition is light because it's not as heavy as the Excursion. :odd:

I would not go as far as calling it sub-zero,but it is rather cool.I like this body style,it's within a descent price range.

Sub-Zero. Although i'm waiting for a couple of years to see what kind of hp they are able to tap out of the engine.

Cool. Really the only affordable Japanese sports coupe left that I can think of (Sorry, the GT-R doesn't count here); feel free to correct that statement.

However, it's still not quite as cool as its predecessor; the designers took a "curving" body and made it "angular". IMHO, it didn't work too well.

^ Look at the post above yours. It's lighter and smaller than the car that preceded it. Plus, it circles a skidpad with more grip than a Cayman S and the interior finally doesn't look like the parts were sourced from Rubbermaid.

M

Yeah... you probably missed the part where I was talking about its looks.

I never mentioned it not being lighter than the 350Z or handling better.

Plus, the fact that it grips more than the Cayman S only means that it has achieved what the 135i did. Not detracting from the car at all, I know it's great in that aspect.

Cool. This thing misses the sub-zero mark because there isn't a roadster option YET.

Last edited:
Cool. I gotta say the styling has grown on me, although I still don't like the headlights. But remember, looks aren't the point of the Cool Wall.

And C-ZETA, the 370Z roadster is on its way.

EDIT: It's not actually lighter than the 350, because of the bigger engine.

Last edited:
Its a great car no doubt, but I question how cool it is, it looks well meh.

I try to view cool as to what others would think if they saw it drive past, I can't help but thinking you would look uncool in it, and that's the same for the 350z.

Cool. I gotta say the styling has grown on me, although I still don't like the headlights. But remember, looks aren't the point of the Cool Wall.

And C-ZETA, the 370Z roadster is on its way.

EDIT: It's not actually lighter than the 350, because of the bigger engine.

from Nissans own site, 350Z is 1550kg, whereas 370Z is 1460kg..

But 90 is a lot of weight to shed while getting a bigger engine

The engine is the same family as the last, it has a little more displacement which doesn't really mean anything in weight terms, infact sometimes larger displacement engines can weigh less.

370Z is definately lighter, no matter what a single car mag says.

I voted for uncool. Cool points were auto revmatch, sub 5 second 0-100.

However seriously uncool point is the styling. The 350z was maybe big and bulky but it was stunningly clean. Used very simple shapes and minimal lines and is one of the best looking sports cars from the last 10 years. Hence I purchased one.

The 370z is too busy and the new L shaped indents into the lights remind me of nike logos. The front isn't so bad and can look aggressive at some angles. But front on looks ridiculous and the rear needs a major rework.

Another uncool point was that the car isn't even any lighter than its predecessor despite being smaller. (note it is lighter than the nismo 350z from memory but not lighter than a 03 350z track)

When I had heard at first the 370z was coming out I thought that would be a possible next car after the 350z but I won't be considering it since I saw it.

Cool walls aren't down to actual merits/demerits of the car, just your personal feeling towards the car (Just like on Top Gear)

The car looks like another big, bulky and butt-ugly Nissan, so it's uncool in my books.

EDIT: Also, I only ever see pretty boys posing in the 350Z, and the 370Z seems to be suited to that crowd even more than its predecesor.

Hmmm...Car and Driver said it was heavier by, say, 30 kilos. But 90 is a lot of weight to shed while getting a bigger engine, more luxurious interior, etc.

As VIPERGTSR01 said, that "bigger" engine weighs about the same because in reality...

It's not bigger. It has more displacement, but the external dimensions are the same.

EDIT: Also, I only ever see pretty boys posing in the 350Z, and the 370Z seems to be suited to that crowd even more than its predecesor.

I voted cool, but after thinking about I think it's more neutral-ish because of this. The car alone is cool, but when I picture the driver I see the typical "pop the collar" guy.

Uncool, because of this:

431975039_5a0c865db2.jpg

Extra seats = Better idea

What? A back seat just means you were pressured by your wife to have room for the kids you don't want. Being controlled = not cool.

I voted cool, but after thinking about I think it's more neutral-ish because of this. The car alone is cool, but when I picture the driver I see the typical "pop the collar" guy.

Valid point. But I'm not seeing the "popped collar" crowd. I'm not picturing one particular group, but some sort of mix of bros and the faux business man without the class or maturity to be what he wants.

Back