Project M

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeathSmiles
  • 53 comments
  • 4,692 views
Messages
759
United States
Alabama
Messages
Horobi-Scorpion
Has anyone else been keeping up with this? It's a one-off supercar project from Jason Castriota (formerly of Pininfarina) and Stile Bertone (one of the people behind such cars as Maserati Birdcage 75, Maserati GranTurismo, Ferrari 599, Ferrari 612 Kappa and the Rolls-Royce Hyperion, and the dude behind the Ferrari P4/5) being documented throughout it's creation through sites (a .com, and a Twitter site to name a few) and webisodes.

What we know -

It's called the Bertone "Mantide" (MAN-tih-day)
Based on Corvette ZR1
Full debut/Reveal @ Shanghai Motor Show

572358652b7290934a11c2e.jpg


http://www.insideprojectm.com/
http://www.twitter.com/InsideProjectM
http://www.youtube.com/user/InsideProjectM
http://www.autoblog.com/tag/project+m/

Images released so far (at least of what shows the actual car)






 
So far it looks ugly, but if it's fast who cares.
 
I disagree. While some of the angles shown (top down roof specifically), does make it look kinda weird, it's side profile (in my opinion, obviously) looks superb.
 
Looks like an insect. But it's based on a ZR1, so it'll probably be fast.
 
You cannot outrun ugly. :D
 
Yep. Two examples of ugly cars that can really move:

Ferrari_FXX-evo_279.jpg


And Hammond's fave...
gumpert-apollo-3262.jpg
 
I'm looking at the pronunciation of it, Mantide being pronounced as man-tih-day. :odd: Someone better slap some sense into the creator because to Joe Six Pack it's going to be called a MAN-TIDE. :D

And that sounds so much better.......MAN TIDE! A tidal wave of powerful supercar for MEN!! :trouble:

I should be this guys new PR guru. :cool:
 
Questionable Modifications, I say!
 
I dunno guys. A proper, full reveal may alter the perception on it's design. But yea, that Mantis image is dead on. lol
 
i thought thats what the name was getting at...in italian :dopey:

dont forget the edonis that was another hideous but nippy car :p
 
Wow!

Looking forward to this, perhaps it will make it into GT5. Or maybe as downloadable content later.:)
 
*drags off to the Questionable Modifications thread...*
 
It has a lot of genius details that simply do not work from some angles.
 
I like that car a lot. The only complaint I have is that there are so many details, you feel like you are missing some element of the car from every angle, and that element is just around the corner or something. I'm sure it looks absolutely stunning in person. 👍

And I would assume that the performance is similar to the ZR-1 the car is based on.
 
I like the front with the exception of the cheese grater. The back is a bit too aggressive and busy, with that trapezoid hanging in there.
 
I never understood the "Veyron is ugly" thing. To me it always just looked boring.
 
I never understood the "Veyron is ugly" thing. To me it always just looked boring.

Looks like a cow...

I don't like round cars, I like mine to have a million weird things. Or just be super simple looking.
 
I can appreciate some level of detail, but this is simply an overload for me, hence why I don't really like it.

Well, that, and the fact that they hacked up a Devil Z(R1) to do it.
 
Hopefully this is just a phase, and they'll get over it... yeah right. Did they do anything to the engine? Nope. So it's just a ZR1 that looks like it's been put through some type of ridiculous blender. Spock, your car is ready.
 
Good god, that looks awful!
 
I agree, Prosthetic. I think it is pretty awesome, especially as time goes on, and I look at it more and more. It's really growing on me more and more.

bertonemantide01a.jpg


A design like this will definitely garner positive AND negative attention. That much is clear. However, as an artist, I think Bertone has at that moment, done his job.
 
Rear = nice. Front = fail.
 
Back