Car Setup sheets by senamic

• Thread starter senamic
  • 15 comments

senamic

Hello again old friends
Premium
Australia
Perth, WA
It has come to my attention that sometimes people have difficulties recording their favourite car setups for Gran Turismo 4. This sometimes leads to issues when they try and reproduce their settings on sites, other games etc. Therefore, with the help of the GT community, notably PF, I have created settings sheets which are accesible and allow gamers to easily record their settings.

What is in it?

Settings sheet

The first page contains spaces for the car name, Parts List, settings for downforce, LSD, suspepnsion, transmission, brakes, ballast weight, VCD, driving aids, and AYC (not that I have ever used that last one ;)). It also contains a section for Notes.

The second page contains a comparison sheet, intended for comparing your newly tuned vehicle with its stock counterpart. It includes comparison areas for Power, Torque, and 1/4 mile and 1km times, among other things. This page also contains a lap time board, that can be used to record laps for multiple cars, or multiple courses.

Settings Spreadsheet

This is similar to Settings sheet, but is an Excel spreadsheet for convenient use on computers.

Settings Spreadsheet 2.1 (Printer Friendly Version)

This is the Settings Spreadsheet, but with less pretty colour to save ink, and the dimensions edited to fit on one printed page.

Legal info

Settings sheet.doc
This document is free to reproduce, but please credit work to senamic on www.gtplanet.net/forum. Document Created using Microsoft Office Professional edition 2003.

Settings Spreadsheet.zip
This document is free to reproduce, but please credit work to senamic on www.gtplanet.net/forum. Document Created using Microsoft Office Professional edition 2003.

Settings Spreadsheet 2.1 (Printer Friendly Version)
This document is free to reproduce, but please credit work to PF and senamic on www.gtplanet.net/forum. Document Created using Microsoft Office Professional edition 2003.

Other than that, I hope that this can be of use to junior tuners everywhere. This sheet is not as advanced as those that most tuners use, but is instead user friendly and printer friendly. Feel free to post feedback, comments and so on here, on this thread.

How do I download it?

Now, how do I download this, you ask. Just right click on the appropriate link below and select "save target as". Thats right, that is all there is to it!

Attachments

• Settings sheet.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Settings Spreadsheet.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Settings Spreadsheet 2.1 (Printer Friendly Version).zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Your welcome! If you have any feedback or suggestions oldmodelt, please feel free to post them so that I can learn from them and improve the sheets.

Silly question. Whats V-Max for? Quick google search brought up nothing so I figured I'd ask you. Other than that, looks very good. 👍

hey, this is quite handy, but not useful for me:), i have a pc and a tv next to each other:dopey:

nicely made senamic:tup:

Silly question. Whats V-Max for? Quick google search brought up nothing so I figured I'd ask you. Other than that, looks very good. 👍

Jargon for Maximum velocity i.e. Max speed. What your car tops out at. Not a silly question at all.

I suggest this for stickyness at it's finest. :cool:

Great work senamic and this will be a big bonus for the people learning to develop and save their setups on hard copy who would otherwise just post their setup's on here! 👍 Most of the garages would do it too, except that some of us don't like others copying their styles or formats. ;) But yours is simplistic and well designed and gives all the options for the newbies. 👍

10/10!

Very good idea and I love the second page. However, layout and formatting is a bit clumsy. For example, some users will want to type in settings values to the document rather than print/write to hard copy and this will cause problems. Having downforce and LSD at the top of the sheet is counter-intuitive, as the Suspension and tranny are generally the most important/frequent changes.

Also, a list of changeable hardware (the 'parts' list) could be included to remind people to enter everything in the car, and could include oil change and new/used #kms.

Still, this is excellent work and will help lots of people. +rep if it existed!

EDIT: Also another notes section on p2 to fill up the space, eg alternative setups for tracks etc

I suggest this for stickyness at it's finest. :cool:

Great work senamic and this will be a big bonus for the people learning to develop and save their setups on hard copy who would otherwise just post their setup's on here! 👍 Most of the garages would do it too, except that some of us don't like others copying their styles or formats. ;) But yours is simplistic and well designed and gives all the options for the newbies. 👍

10/10!

Thanks, but I wouldn't say that just yet. Read below:

PF
Very good idea and I love the second page. However, layout and formatting is a bit clumsy. For example, some users will want to type in settings values to the document rather than print/write to hard copy and this will cause problems. Having downforce and LSD at the top of the sheet is counter-intuitive, as the Suspension and tranny are generally the most important/frequent changes.

Also, a list of changeable hardware (the 'parts' list) could be included to remind people to enter everything in the car, and could include oil change and new/used #kms.

Still, this is excellent work and will help lots of people. +rep if it existed!

EDIT: Also another notes section on p2 to fill up the space, eg alternative setups for tracks etc

Thank you PF, this is the so called "Beta, it was an old file using up space on the hard drive. V2 is on the way, and should be up in the next few weeks! Thank you for the feedback!

Just the fact that someone finally had the sense to do the effort and share it for all deserves the 10/10, more than anything else senamic. It might not be laid out perfectly, but as I said before more importantly, all the categories of adjustment are there. 👍

But take in PF's advice, he'll be the best proof reader you can get. :P

Thank you PF, this is the so called "Beta, it was an old file using up space on the hard drive. V2 is on the way, and should be up in the next few weeks! Thank you for the feedback!

No wuckers mate. When I get some time I'll have a look at it and see how MS Word could be used a bit better, I'm thinnking columns should be used for the first page, or at least better formatting. Do you want me to PM you with a new version IF I get time to play with it?

But take in PF's advice, he'll be the best proof reader you can get.
Aww, thanks mafs. My girlfriend is actually a lot better than I, she was editor of a newspaper for over 2 yrs and does a lot of graphic design. I'll see if she can look over it as well.

PF
No wuckers mate. When I get some time I'll have a look at it and see how MS Word could be used a bit better, I'm thinnking columns should be used for the first page, or at least better formatting. Do you want me to PM you with a new version IF I get time to play with it? .....

....My girlfriend is actually a lot better than I, she was editor of a newspaper for over 2 yrs and does a lot of graphic design. I'll see if she can look over it as well.

Thanks PF, any help and advice is appreciated, and if you or your girlfriend have any time to give I would be very thankful. I am currently considering whether to produce version 2.0 with Word or Excel. Both have pros and cons, so if anyone is going to put their hand up for helping with this, advice on which rout to take would be appreciated.

Okay then folks, a beta of the spreadsheet is now up! Feel free to comment, and advise what you would like to see added or changed! The Spreadsheet runs on Excel as an .xls (in .zip form), but if others want I can attempt to make an .xml format file for use.

Feedback is appreciated!

Lachlan

Attachments

• Settings Spreadsheet.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 25
My version, this is all senamic's work but has been changed to portrait alignment and taken out the colours, cause some of us don't like to spend too much on coloured ink.

Also reduced to 1pg. Format is ugly as a hat full of arseholes but I only had 20min or so.

View attachment senamic 2.1.zip

PF
My version, this is all senamic's work but has been changed to portrait alignment and taken out the colours, cause some of us don't like to spend too much on coloured ink.

Also reduced to 1pg. Format is ugly as a hat full of arseholes but I only had 20min or so.

View attachment 70429

Thanks mate, will add your 2.1 to the first post. Remember, feedback is appreciated, and thanks again for making a printer friendly version (as I only had a Word document for such purposes, and an Excel is nicer)

Thanks for this mate!!!

Very useful to share my setup with my friends here... Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Latest Posts

Back