• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra suggested by LSX :.

03cobra_29hr.jpg

Specs:
Engine: Supercharged DOHC V8
Power: 390hp/300Kw +/- @6000rpm
Torque: 390LBft of torque at 3500rpm.
Wheelbase: 101.3 inches
Length: 183.5 inches
Width: 73.1 inches
Height: 52.5 inches
Front/Rear: Track 60.3/60.3 inches
Weight: Coupe: 3665lbs Vert:3750​

Last edited:
Cool. It's got a supercharged DOHC V8 engine, IRS, and good looks to boot, which is better than most other Mustangs. It's not sub-zero but it's defiantly a cool car. I find this weird though, I typically hate cars like this but I find the SVT a genuinely cool car. I guess anybody can wavier on things.

Last edited:
I'm gonna give it an uncool because of the fact that the looks were never that great, and the fact that now the body style is 3 generations old doesn't help. It's stupidly fast, but the average passer-by would probably think you're in the base Mustang. So i wouldn't feel that real sense of pride cruising around in the car. And that doesn't mean it's a sleeper - i think of that as a different definition.

meh, maybe "sub Zero" was too strong, but "Cool" wasn't strong enough.

It's probably the most composed Mustang since the original Shelby GT350s, really is a complete package despite it's relatively low power compared to today's GT500.

I went with sub-zero because it actually seemed that Ford might have put some effort into the car, plus this is one of the 4 Ford cars i like.

I have to vote this car sub-zero. This car was a major step forward as far as Mustangs go. I'll never own a Cobra R, this is at least attainable for me at some point. Not to mention relatively close power output to the R just with less displacement and forced induction. I've loved these cars since I first found out about them, and then I was bigger fan of the F-body cars. I just could not get over the ease of tuning these things and the outrageous sound the blower makes, forget a pulley or a twin screw blower, there even louder. Just a very cool car I'd like to have in my driveway someday. IMO they will be even more sought after in years to come, being as they were only built in 2003, and 2004, not to mention 19,140 produced total through 2003 and 2004. This car is what a Cobra should have been all along, Ford let the aftermarket tuners like Saleen, Steeda and Roush have their way too long, it was about time they did it in house.

Definitely cool, although I'd much rather have a '69 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland, but thats just me. :)

Subzero, and yes you guys knew I was going that way.

How can this not be subzero? It defines the word "menace". What even makes this MORE subzero is the fact that Ford underrated the power--by alot. the BHP number is more in the lines of 420-430.

And lastly, ANY car that sounds like this is automatically a subzero cool car.

Last edited:
JCE
the BHP number is more in the lines of 420-430.
At the wheels, I believe.
Sub-Zero. Ford put together a car just as fast as the essentially race-only version of the year prior. Then sold it for half as much. Then managed to still make it turn. Then kept themselves from covering it in silly stripes and useless vents (like, you know, they do now), parodoxically making it look more understated than the base car.

Sub-Zero. Wanted one since they were new. Ford really underrated them too (they have a history of doing that), I've seen stock Cobra's dyno close to 390hp at the wheels. (around 450hp crank) They take very well to mods too.

I voted cool, and i like the body style also!👍

P.S. But would take a 2010 GT500, over that in a heart beat!:drool:

This isn't a fox body, it is the successor to the fox body.:rolleyes:

Technically it's still a Fox. ;)

Longer wheelbase, sure, but all the Fox bits bolt right up in terms of suspension and vice versa... Which means IRS in a 79-93 Mustang is a bolt-in affair.

Technically it's still a Fox. ;)

Longer wheelbase, sure, but all the Fox bits bolt right up in terms of suspension and vice versa... Which means IRS in a 79-93 Mustang is a bolt-in affair.

It's like Fox v1.1

I voted for Sub-Zero, seeing as liquid nitrogen isn't an option. How can you hate a 12 second, production car that cost about $32k new. Complete with at least 390hp AND torque at the wheels, a 6 speed trans, that is well capable of doing 160 at a moments notice. And of course then we add in the fact it's got a V8, roots blower and the sensory overloads that go with that. If you don't like these cars, you're not a man. If you can look at it as a car, and not just some American made hunk of iron, however you stack it, it's got amazing performance for it's price, and looks downright evil while doing it.

And I agree with it being understated, to a point. The second anyone hears it, the cats out of the bag.

And I agree with it being understated, to a point. The second anyone hears it, the cats out of the bag.
I dunno about that. Even ignoring how base Mustangs were covered with vents and arches and etc., I don't think any of us living in America haven't seen at least one Mustang owner who decided he would get more attention by pulling the muffler off his V6 Mustang so it "sounds mean."
I've heard Terminator Cobras in real life, and the only audible hint that they are what they are that I could hear is the faint whine of the supercharger at idle.

Last edited:
Cool

It looked really awesome back in the day and it offers great bang for the buck. But I prefer the Mach 1, less weight and all that. I wonder how it would have been with a pushrod.

Hah, they don't look like a V6 Mustang, even if someone were to mistake the two, they will be taught the first time they try one. They're called Terminators for a reason.

IMO they look better than a GT or a V6 car, they have all the parts where they should be, not overly flashy, yet still aggressive. From the front to rear fascia, to the molded rear wing, even the bulged up hood, if someone pays attention to cars, they will pick it out fine. Then again none of those things matter, most cars would only be seeing taillights anyways. :lol:

EDIT: I actually think the Mach 1 looks better, the Bullitt as well. I can see someone mistaking a Bullitt car for a V6, before it were started that is.

And no, the blower is not that loud stock.

Last edited:
Sub-Zero

1) The best of the Fox-family Mustangs
2) The first Ford product I can recall making me say "Hey, Fords aren't all that bad..."
3) The performance of the car is still a relevant benchmark today

Is it my favorite of the Fox-family Mustangs? No, that title sits with the Mach 1. Still, a bad-ass Mustang nevertheless.

LSX
IMO they look better than a GT or a V6 car, they have all the parts where they should be, not overly flashy, yet still aggressive
I know. My point was that the SVT Cobra was awesome for the irony: The Mustang GT and V6 did have the fake ram-air scoops and brake ducts and other such tom foolery, but the car that theoretically could have benefited from such pieces was far more understated.

Sub Zero. One of the fastest cars for the price when new at the time. Was underrated at 390hp. Had IRS, sounded evil with that supercharger whine. Was nicknamed the terminator for a reason. It hunted down C5 Vettes and Vipers in it's prime. I will own one of these one day. Either that or stick it's engine in my car haha.

390++++ hp... IRS... underpriced, under-rated...

But none of that matters, really. I voted sub-zero just because I like the car. :lol: It's probably one of the only Mustangs I'd actually hit. And I'd hit it hard.

meh, maybe "sub Zero" was too strong, but "Cool" wasn't strong enough.

It's probably the most composed Mustang since the original Shelby GT350s, really is a complete package despite it's relatively low power compared to today's GT500.

They under rated the car by 100+ hp. Most dyno out around the 450-500hp range.

I said cool, its a Mustang, but they did it proper (own the strip, but not have it stand out on the street).

Back