• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2002 Honda Integra Type-R suggested by Giancarlo :.

honda_integra_type-r_2002.jpg

Specs:
Configuration: K20A Straight 4
Drive: Front wheel drive
Displacement: 1.998 liter / 121.9 cu in
Valvetrain: 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC, VTEC
Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated
Weight: 1170 kilo / 2579.4 lbs
Length / Width / Height: 4385 mm (172.6 in) / 1725 mm (67.9 in) / 1385 mm (54.5 in)
Wheelbase: 2570 mm (101.2 in) / 1490 mm (58.7 in) / 1490 mm (58.7 in)
Power: 220 bhp / 164 KW @ 8000 rpm
Torque: 206 Nm / 152 ft lbs @ 7000 rpm​

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with a factory-installed red badge

It's got great power from 2.0L (albeit lacking in torque), a great driving feel, great styling, excellent reliability, and good fuel economy. One of my favorite cars, wouldn't ya know.

My only gripe is the turning radius.

Seriously uncool. Looks like rice right out of the box. Preludes looked better.

seriously uncool. every ricer wants or has one, or has regular integra coated with type R badges.

Seriously uncool. If I ever see one in this forum, it comes either from GT or the questionable modifications thread. Every ricer has dreamed of one, and to be honest, I find it kind of lame for a car to be re-named with the letter R for Racing, even if it has work done to the car. Plus, it's a FF, and I hate those cars, unless they are for daily driving.

Cool, barely. The original ITR registers as subzero, despite the average owner. This one can't reach that level of chill.

Cool. The Type-Rs are pretty sweet cars, but that one is a meh-mobile for me. But I'm also not a JDM Import tuner type so yeah.

Great car. I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Uncool.

:lol:

-

I'm really stuck on this... it's a very competent car, but while the older B18-equipped Integra is absolutely sub-zero... this one... probably just "cool"

The K20 engine, itself, though, sub-zero.

I'd give this one a cool, while I'm not personally a fan of VTEC and all that jazz, I can appreciate that they are in fact fantastic engines, and if what I've heard is anything to go by, this car's also pretty good in the twisty bits. Not just 'For a FWD', just good, period.

Not so cool. I've been driven around a few times in an RSX-S, which I THINK is basically the same car. It seemed to have overall nice quality, just didn't have the "go". I knew the car was accelerating, just didn't feel like much. The car just never really impressed me that much. sounded obnoxious in the wrong way after full exhaust. Not my thing.

Uncool

Solid chassis, excellent driving dynamics, not bad on price either. But, these people buy them:

chavs.jpg

Cool, barely. The original ITR registers as subzero, despite the average owner. This one can't reach that level of chill.

You took the words out of my mouth Duke but I reckon the DC5R is uncool because of it's older brother. The DC2R was RAW, hardcore, driving excitement. The DC5R was neutered for our market (we only got 147Kw...yay. :rolleyes: ) and compared to the DC2R, was more aimed at the Golf GTi owner wanting to change.

Uncool

Solid chassis, excellent driving dynamics, not bad on price either. But, these people buy them:

chavs.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And that's the other reason why it's uncool. The Doof-doof brigade. ;)

I think the RSX-S is not a fair comparison... if that's the 160 hp motor, it doesn't go nuts as you pass 6000 rpm, not like the Type-R motor does.

I think the DC2 is what ruins the DC5... sort of like the EVO X argument... here is basically a very good car... following in the footsteps of a great one. And there it fails.

Uncool

chavs.jpg

I still don't get this line of argument... idiots will buy anything.

Three-turbo rotary Mustangs... BMW M3s (at least their parents will buy them for them...)...

Hell... those guys would drive anything on the cool wall. Backwards. Into a ditch. Even stone-cold sober. :lol:

The base RSX had 160 Hp. The RSX-S had 200. Or 210 after '05.

The RSX-S and Integra-R would be a very fair comparison.

Unsure how I feel about this one, but I ended up voting cool. There really should be a space in these polls between "cool" and "uncool".

It looks good, and has decent speed, I've seen a couple that were modded and nicely done. (RSX's here in the states)

However it lacks low rpm power, and as stated they are one of the poster cars for the rice crowd.

LSX
The base RSX had 160 Hp. The RSX-S had 200. Or 210 after '05.

The RSX-S and Integra-R would be a very fair comparison.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt' the Integra R make somewhere in the neighborhood of 220-240HP? that's a fair bit faster.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt' the Integra R make somewhere in the neighborhood of 220-240HP? that's a fair bit faster.

Specs:
Configuration: K20A Straight 4
Drive: Front wheel drive
Displacement: 1.998 liter / 121.9 cu in
Valvetrain: 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC, VTEC
Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated
Weight: 1170 kilo / 2579.4 lbs
Length / Width / Height: 4385 mm (172.6 in) / 1725 mm (67.9 in) / 1385 mm (54.5 in)
Wheelbase: 2570 mm (101.2 in) / 1490 mm (58.7 in) / 1490 mm (58.7 in)
Power: 220 bhp / 164 KW @ 8000 rpm
Torque: 206 Nm / 152 ft lbs @ 7000 rpm

Yarp.

Sub-zero, mainly because I've had a few cans. Normally, just cool. Doesn't have bad rep in the UK at least, because it was never officially imported and they're quite a rare sight. It's on my "to own" list for the future. Why? The engine, the handling (oft-quoted as the best FWD ever), the styling, the quality, the red badge.

Cool: A properly fast FF- it's performance on the track will attest to that. Unfortunately, it being front-wheel drive means it isn't at home on one. Nonetheleess, it is sexy and great value (starting at around 23k for that gen in Aus). The people who drive them I am yet to see for they are so rare down here.

So far as I'm concerned this car oughta be in the "cool" category simply because of its styling. I've always liked the styling of the early 2000's Acuras, in fact it's the best era of styling for Acura as I see it, with the exception being the NSX. (Mind you, this is coming from a major fan of American Muscle.)

Take this car and look past the rice burner add ons (and the mental picture of the average owner) and you've got yourself a sporty and good looking car.

COOL

While I am not a big fan of fwd 4 cyl. cars,this car does impress me a bit.It does have some good looks and for a 4 cyl @ 200 hp,it's not bad.

Agreed. I'm glad they called it the RSX here in North America because it will never live up to the Integra name.

Back