Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some more testing, I got a 1.20.8xx lap at London.

The back end is really sensitive in 2nd gear, but holding a 3rd-2nd motion will help maintain some degree of control.
In other tracks, the back end is much more easily controlled with some countersteer. As I said before, braking late is not a problem. 4th gear was a bit too tall so I changed it and that's all I did. This car is great, thanks a lot for the tune.

That could be any number of things (especially with this game) but let's for the sake of sanity assume it's just a power issue; is the reaction instant, or does it slowly lose control while in second?

This is of course assuming you allow yourself to lose control of the car.

Throttle input will instantly kick the rear end out. It's not a big issue though.

Unfortunately I use the PS3 controller.

Porsche Carrera GT *Feedback Required*

Gearing

Final - 5.59
1st - 3.11
2nd - 1.89
3rd - 1.39
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.69

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised

Well i changed one thing,

In gearing

Final - 5.59
1st - 3.11
2nd - 1.89
3rd - 1.39
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.69 <-- change to 0.78 neutral.

This allows reach higher speed on the long straight, amazingly this cut's time for full second. But on 6th gear car loosing it's max speed to 270, while on 5th you can go 282 km/h So i did that change and went for some practice laps.
-------------------------------------------
And this is video from lap time. Ill hope you like it. I think that after 2nd worm up I've decided to avoid few curbs. And take different race line, because once this car gets bounce into the air it could bounce and bounce into wall / off track. But after my worm up was over i did try to do as good as i could.

HD quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O-vMHn4K-Y

That's a solid ground base to start, still i think there is two seconds to loose.

Last edited:
I could adjust (or at least attempt to) the bouncing by either seriously stiffening the rear suspension, or deflating the tire pressure...but the latter will cause several new problems to arise in the process. The primary of which would be sliding and a ridiculous slip angle.

Anything else the two of you (or anyone else for that matter) has to say regarding feedback, just let me know and I'll adjust whatever I can without destroying the overall tune itself.

I'm taking requests on a regular basis again.

If anyone wishes to request a tune for any of the cars included in the Ferrari DLC contact me via PM, and we'll arrange something. This is to respect those players who can't use the DLC, as I'm not too fond of taunting people.

I'm taking requests on a regular basis again.

If anyone wishes to request a tune for any of the cars included in the Ferrari DLC contact me via PM, and we'll arrange something. This is to respect those players who can't use the DLC, as I'm not too fond of taunting people.

It isn't you taunting anyone, it's not your fault or decision to leave PS3 out. It would be a good idea to include them in the general list for "complete coverage" or whatever it's called.

By the way, is your SL65 tune with or without body kit? I tried it out and it's a bit weird... Body kit might be the solution though, but it looks horrible (in my opinion).

It isn't you taunting anyone, it's not your fault or decision to leave PS3 out. It would be a good idea to include them in the general list for "complete coverage" or whatever it's called.

By the way, is your SL65 tune with or without body kit? I tried it out and it's a bit weird... Body kit might be the solution though, but it looks horrible (in my opinion).

Without. It looked horrible and it didn't add anything to the mix, it actually made things worse.

Hey t12. i've been away from GTP from awhile but i think you're still tuning cars as of now. i also see you have RT Drift :). can i have a m3 e36 please?
Could you also choose the parts? if not, it's ok. i currently run, all stage 2/3 parts besides turbo and haven't bothered with the other stuff lol

Hey t12. i've been away from GTP from awhile but i think you're still tuning cars as of now. i also see you have RT Drift :). can i have a m3 e36 please?
Could you also choose the parts? if not, it's ok. i currently run, all stage 2/3 parts besides turbo and haven't bothered with the other stuff lol

If you're referring to a drift tune, I don't do those exclusively....or at all to be honest. Those who do have their names besides the respective vehicles that were tuned. Contact one of them and I'd be more than happy to host it here in the appropriate section.

Hey Terronium, first let me say great site, but i was looking at the list of cars and i noticed they are always ( works converted ). i was wondering if you could do a Audi TT coupe in a 10 rating please.

Hey Terronium, first let me say great site, but i was looking at the list of cars and i noticed they are always ( works converted ). i was wondering if you could do a Audi TT coupe in a 10 rating please.

You're the second to request such, and it's a lot easier than you might think. All you really have to do is pick and choose the upgrades that will get you to, or closest to the rating you're aiming for.

I can guarantee you that the characteristics of the tune itself will change very little, if at all with certain upgrades temporarily removed.

Of course I'm still here for help though.

Ferrari FXX Road America Edition

Note: I can't help but point this out, but the specifications for the FXX are just wrong. The game states it produces 780 hp, and weighs 2,469lbs. Which, again, is just wrong. It actually produces 800 hp, and weighs 2,546lbs - and that's just the curb weight! There's also no way an F430 GTC (A GT2-Class car, no less) should be in Tier 5, and the FXX isn't....but enough of that.

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 26.52
R. Tire Pressure - 28.12
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 22.00
Caster Angle - 2.75
F. Toe Angle - -0.20
R. Toe Angle - -0.50
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.30
F. Ride Height - 75.00
R. Ride Height - 80.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 142.76
F. Spring Rate - 475.86
R. Spring Rate - 556.76
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 2,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,500.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,200.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 6,900.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,300.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 75.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 40.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.50
2nd - 2.21
3rd - 1.60
4th - 1.36
5th - 1.13
6th - 1.02

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 5.00
R. Downforce - 7.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 2.00
Brake Duct Opening - 5.00

Last edited:
You're the second to request such, and it's a lot easier than you might think. All you really have to do is pick and choose the upgrades that will get you to, or closest to the rating you're aiming for.

I can guarantee you that the characteristics of the tune itself will change very little, if at all with certain upgrades temporarily removed.

Of course I'm still here for help though.
Yeah i had that part but i was talking about the tuning part

you're the second to request such, and it's a lot easier than you might think. All you really have to do is pick and choose the upgrades that will get you to, or closest to the rating you're aiming for.

Of course i'm still here for help though.
yeah i had that part but i was talking about the tuning part

Again, if you remove, or better yet if you refrain from the works conversion you should have a Rating 10 TT Coupe right there. The tune doesn't have to be modified whatsoever as the physics are far from being dynamic.

Purchase every Stage 1-3 upgrade, and then purchase only the following...

Body Kit 1
Weight Reduction 1-2
Nitrous Kit 1-2
Shorter Final Drive
Wider Tires/Wheels

Ferrari FXX Road America Edition

Note: I can't help but point this out, but the specifications for the FXX are just wrong. The game states it produces 780 hp, and weighs 2,469lbs. Which, again, is just wrong. It actually produces 800 hp, and weighs 2,546lbs - and that's just the curb weight! There's also no way an F430 GTC (A GT2-Class car, no less) should be in Tier 5, and the FXX isn't....but enough of that.

Seriously?!?!? Being a PS3 gamer I'm in the dark. Could anyone tell me the ratings of the cars in the Ferrari DLC then? As I think I said in a previous post, the F430 is the one that should be upgradable (is that a word?!?!) due to its involvement in both GT2 and GT3 classes. If anything, this should be a tier 3 car with upgrades!

I don't have the DLC, but from the extracted files, the weight of the FXX is

Mass=1120.0

Which is ... 2469.17 pounds

Plus 49l of fuel, which should take it the rest of the way.

The statistics figures are independent of the actual files used for physics in the game and for the most part can be safely ignored.

ed - also, the engine curves for the fxx (no external turbo on this so it should be pretty much exactly as pictured)

Last edited:
I'd love to meet the person who headed this DLC pack. Practically every statistical value is nothing more than an absolute anomaly. No, not even...they're just flat out inaccurate.

Again, the F430 GTC outclasses another GT1 "class" racer - the F50 GT. Granted, the GT is a lot wilder than the FXX but there's simply no way in hell that (the F430 GTC) outpaces the F50 GT in anything but dynamic grip. Like the FXX, it's also given less power than it actually produces (720 vs. 750) and is actually heavier; I forget the number the game provides, but it only weighs in at 2,005lbs.

Yeah, take it from me guys...you are not missing one damn thing here.

Seriously?!?!? Being a PS3 gamer I'm in the dark. Could anyone tell me the ratings of the cars in the Ferrari DLC then? As I think I said in a previous post, the F430 is the one that should be upgradable (is that a word?!?!) due to its involvement in both GT2 and GT3 classes. If anything, this should be a tier 3 car with upgrades!

I'll give it a quick look...

Could anyone tell me the ratings of the cars in the Ferrari DLC then?

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano car rating 11.00
Ferrari California car rating 7.0
Ferrari F430 Spider car rating 9.40
Ferrari F430 Scuderia car rating 11.00
Ferrari F430 Scuderia Spider 16M car rating 11.20
Ferrari Superamerica car rating 10.50
Ferrari F430 GTC car rating 16.00
Ferrari F430 Challenge car rating 14.00
Ferrari F50GT car rating 18.20
Ferrari FXX car rating 21.00

Ferrari 575 Superamerica - Tier 3

Power: 540 (Actual: Seems to be a toss-up between 532 and 540)
Weight: 3,726lbs (Actual: 3,725)
Torque: 480 (Actual: 434)

- One of the few I actually had to reference from somewhere other than memory.

F430 Scuderia 16M Spider - Tier 3

Power: 510 (Actual: 510)
Weight: 2,976 (Actual: 2,954)
Torque: 355 (Actual: 346.7)

California - Tier 2 (Tier 2? :odd:)

Power: 460 (Actual: 450; the stated value appears to have been taken from the CV value)
Weight: 3,594 (Actual: 3,594)
Torque: 357 (Actual: 358)

599 GTB Fiorano - Tier 3

Power: 611 (Actual: 611)
Weight: 3,483 (Actual: 3,722)
Torque: 448 (Actual: 448)

F430 Spider - Tier 3

Power: 490 (Actual: 483)
Weight: 3,197 (Actual: 3,350)
Torque: 340 (Actual: 343)

F430 Scuderia - Tier 3

Power: 510 (Actual: 510)
Weight: 2,976 (Actual: 2,976)
Torque: 355 (Actual: 346)

F430 GTC - Tier 5

Power: 440 (Actual: 440)
Weight: 2,491 (Actual: 2,493)
Torque: 335 (Actual: 339)

F430 Challenge - Tier 5 (WTF?)

Power: 490 (Actual: 483)
Weight: 2,701 (Actual: 2,767)
Torque: 340 (Actual: 343)

F50 GT - Tier 4

Power: 720 (Actual: 750)
Weight: 2,271 (Actual: 2,005)
Torque: 385 (Actual: 383)

FXX - Tier 4

Power: 780 (Actual: 800)
Weight: 2,469 (Actual: 2,546)
Torque: 506 (Actual: N/A)

Considering every one has at least one inaccurate statistic, and also considering the stated values could be taken from any number of calculations (CV, PS, SAE, etc...) they're either inaccurate, misrepresented, or just flat out wrong. The icing on the cake is that even the F430 Challenge is in Tier 5, and neither the FXX or F50 GT aren't.. :lol:

Last edited:
ok t12, any chance you could do me an e46 m3 for the 10 rating division?

Stage 1 - All
Stage 2 - All
Stage 3 - suspension, drivetrain and tyres. (it should add to exactly 10)

Thanks for the info guys, all I can say is that there are some bizzarre decisions regarding car tier there. Who knows, maybe the Apollo will be tier 2 along with the California :dunce:

Knowing those weird decision, probably Apollo would land in Tier 6.

Getting back to Porsche Carrera GT, i just found old Time from practice in SPA, that was before one race in League. Time i did in Manufacture car so now i will try to find out how much better Tuned would be.

10493070.jpg

ok t12, any chance you could do me an e46 m3 for the 10 rating division?

Stage 1 - All
Stage 2 - All
Stage 3 - suspension, drivetrain and tyres. (it should add to exactly 10)

Sure thing.

Sorry if things seem a bit slow around here today, but it's raining and I'm just really lazy. :lol:

Between the tunes, the guide and tutorial, and the WTC 2 coming up...I'll be game-busy for quite a while...but just not today. :lol:

Hey my man when you'v got a spare half hour I need a suspension setting for a 14. Z 06 it seem to have a bit of a bounce and tries to skip sideways on a exit.
Thanks man.
PS no rush.

Sure thing.

take your time. On a side note, i used the ccx today. CHRIST ALL ****ING MIGHTY. i started from 10th on laguna seca, and was first by the first corner. i think i need to tune it with one of your fine tunes, because the back end is really twitchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back