• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: Ferrari 458 Italia suggested by race'emhard :.

ferrari.jpg

Specs:
Body
Wheelbase 2650 mm (104.3 in.)
Chassis
Tires Front 235/35 ZR20 8.5”
Tires Rear 295/35 ZR20 10.5”
Engine
Type: V8 – 90°
Compression Ratio 12.5:1
Engine & Transmission
Displacement cu in (cc): 4499 cc (274.5 cu in.)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 570 CV (425 kW)** @ 9000 rpm
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 540 Nm (398 lbs/ft) @ 6000 rpm
Exterior
Length 4527 mm (178.2 in.)
Width 1937 mm (76.3 in.)
Height 1213 mm (47.8 in.)
Performance
Acceleration (0-100 km/h) <3.4 s
Emissions 320 g CO2/km
Fuel Consumption 13.7 l/100 km​

Last edited:
As much as i hate to vote any supercar as cool, i've still got to give it the thumbs up just for it's looks.

It's a car that no one outside of Ferrari has even driven yet, so it's really quite hard to judge it overall. But to be fair, it's unlikely to be a dud.

Seriously uncool. Something about the V8 Ferraris I simply Loathe, and if you asked me what it was....probably the adoring, unbridled love they get. ugh. There's gotta be some drawback...

and it sounds like two fours strapped together. Not so much that that's a problem, but people hate admitting it.

Uncool

I'm still not sold on the car. A solid performance car, but then again, I loved the F430.

Seriously Uncool. Everything else than the engine in it would cause Enzo Ferrari to make barrer rolls in his grave.

I hate the front headlamp treatment, but I can't argue with anything else.

If it weren't for the fact that the F430 was IMO, better looking, it would... might... get an S-Z, but as it is.. mid-level cool.

Uncool. Don't care for the same old design rehashed over and over--while making the car more and more "un-Ferrari. Which is to say all that technonannism. The only redeeming quality of this car is the engine.

To Clarkson, Ferrari is a scaled-down version of God. And the most important rule according to the big book of TG is "Listen to Jezza". Sub-Zero! Although that includes some of my personal bias, actually, some other rules of TG Cool Wall might apply, like this ones i've quoted from my copy of "The Big Book of Top Gear 2009", pages 32-33 "The cool wall":

"Rule 1: A car will always be uncool if you have to explain it, or anything about it. Example: "Why has your Porsche got a roll cage?" "Because its the 011 GT3 RS, and it's there in case we crash..." Oh Dear.

Rule 3: A car will always be uncool if you tell someone what you drive and then follow it with, "Ah, well, you see...". Example: "I drive a Ferrari Scuderia" "Why?" "Ah, well, you see, it's got a variable..." SHUT UP!

Rule 10: A car will always be cool or uncool if Jeremy says it is. Any other questions? See point 10.

(If you'd like me to scan the actual pages from the book, i'd be glad too, pm me :sly:)

Last edited:
This is a step away from the "made for hockey players and basketball stars" and a leap for towards the actual driving enthusiast. Sub-zero!

A great car to drive no doubt, but bordering on seriously uncool.

First of all its a Ferrari, and Ferraris are typically driven by t******
Next up the styling, from some angles its stunningly good looking, yet others very over complicated, with loads of silly grills and vents which no doubt serve some aero purpose, but in practice just look a bit silly.
Finally there is the inertia, which looks tacky.

Gets off very lucky with a vote for uncool, the noise and driving ability saving it from seriously uncool

The best release from Ferrari since the Enzo. Seriously Cool.

:lol:

Enzo Ferrari disliked the fact that people bought his cars based on prestige instead of performance. I don't care about the performance of this car since I would rarely drive it to its limits, or even close to them, and I wouldn't buy it based on prestige either. Besides, the look on this car is one of the worst I have seen in my opinion. Seriously uncool.

:lol:

Enzo Ferrari disliked the fact that people bought his cars based on prestige instead of performance. I don't care about the performance of this car since I would rarely drive it to its limits, or even close to them, and I wouldn't buy it based on prestige either. Besides, the look on this car is one of the worst I have seen in my opinion. Seriously uncool.

Enzo also thought that mid-engined cars weren't proper sports cars so his first, the 246GT, didn't even feature Ferrari badges.

Enzo might have been responsible for some fantastic classics, but his views certainly shouldn't be taken as gospel. As each Ferrari improves significantly on the one it replaces, it should be assumed that the best Ferraris are the newest ones, and as performance generally improves with each one too it's obvious Ferrari aren't trading solely off the back of prestige, regardless of whether people buy them for the name or not.

The 458 probably is the best Ferrari sports car since the Enzo, and it's also a whole lot more accessible. So I'm not quite sure what was so wrong with exigeracer's post?

Cool.

It's a Ferrari. It's been a long time since I've gotten really excited about a new Ferrari or something. Yeah, it's fast, sounds good and looks good, but it just doesn't seem all that awesome.

Maybe that's because my car dreams have moved from "anything red and Italian" to the super expensive things like Paganis and Carrera GTs and things I might actually buy one day like VW Polos, older M3s and really old 911s.

Usually I would dismiss the newly designed supercars as UNCOOL because I do believe that they are getting uglier and uglier everyday. This Ferrari however, has a quality in it that keeps me from voting UNCOOL. I can't really explain what it is but there's something about it I like. Maybe because it's a little smoother styled than what Lamborghini's new designs are turning out. Maybe not, but I do like this car's predecessor more than this car though. And I liked the F360 over the F430 and the F355 over the F360 and... you get the idea.

COOL

God, am I the only person on the planet who thinks it is hideous?! Everyone is gushing about how gorgeous it is... Even a cross-eyed Morgan looks beautiful next to this.

To Clarkson, Ferrari is a scaled-down version of God. And the most important rule according to the big book of TG is "Listen to Jezza". Sub-Zero! Although that includes some of my personal bias, actually, some other rules of TG Cool Wall might apply, like this ones i've quoted from my copy of "The Big Book of Top Gear 2009", pages 32-33 "The cool wall":

"Rule 1: A car will always be uncool if you have to explain it, or anything about it. Example: "Why has your Porsche got a roll cage?" "Because its the 011 GT3 RS, and it's there in case we crash..." Oh Dear.

Rule 3: A car will always be uncool if you tell someone what you drive and then follow it with, "Ah, well, you see...". Example: "I drive a Ferrari Scuderia" "Why?" "Ah, well, you see, it's got a variable..." SHUT UP!

Rule 10: A car will always be cool or uncool if Jeremy says it is. Any other questions? See point 10.

(If you'd like me to scan the actual pages from the book, i'd be glad too, pm me :sly:)

You scare me to death. And the car is absolutely horrid.

Back