• Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
POLL WAS MADE INCORRECTLY, PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR ONE​

.: Matra Murena suggested by Leonidae :.

800px-Talbot_Matra_Murena_vr_red.jpg

Specs:
Production 1980–1983
Predecessor Matra Bagheera
Class Sports car
Body style(s) 3-door hatchback
Layout MR layout
Engine(s) 1.6 L Type 315 ohv I4, 2.2 L Type 180 ohc I4
Transmission(s) 5-speed manual
Wheelbase 2435 mm (95.9 in)
Length 4070 mm (160.2 in)
Width 1752 mm (69 in)
Height 1220 mm (48 in)
Curb weight 930 kg (2050 lb)-1033 kg (2277 lb)
Fuel capacity 53 L (14.0 US gal; 11.7 imp gal)​

Last edited:
I know nothing about it, and it looks like it's kinda a meh car, but the low weight does seem pretty cool.

Cool AND Uncool. Yeah, you made it a check box poll, Joey.

Cool AND Uncool. Yeah, you made it a check box poll, Joey.

:ouch: Wow, I failed.

Perhaps we can use my mistake as an experiment to see if allowing people to have a range of coolness works. Either that or maybe a mod can fix it.

Well, it's friday so I guess we can forgive you this time.. anyway, this car has 3 seats, which is rather unusual for mid-engined car. It wasn't the most powerful sports car around, but light weight helped a lot, and no corrosion issues thanks to glass fiber chassis. Sadly, not too many have survived due the carelessness of the owners.

Cool. I don't know much about it but it's a small French hatchback, it's unusual and it's rare. That's the makings of a cool car right there.

I'm assuming it's a vintage or classic somewhere on the globe but I'm not favoring this one not even the specs, UNCOOL.

I give it a cool based on how rare they are. Looks are pretty eye catching,and I'm sure it was /is fun to drive.

No-vote. I know nothing about this vehicle.

Yea I should have taken that road I really know nothing about this car and by the picture and specs it's no Sub-Zero not even Cool. The low weight probably made for great driving on French roads though :).

It's a 1980s plastic coupe with the seating layout of a Transit and a name like a Turkish version of Vagisil. And it was sold as a Talbot.

No. No no no no no.

I like it. I'd even drive one. Personally, I think it's a cool car. But really it's uncool.

It's a bit ungainly, it's made by a company most people have never heard of and the ones that have heard of Matra think "Matra Rancho".

If I bought one, people would forever be asking me what it was, and then I'd have to explain it. Which isn't cool. The only people who'd know would have longer beards than mine which again, isn't cool.

When I first saw one just up the road from me when I was 10 or 11, it was sub zero.

Now, it's uncool as I know what it is.

Sadly, I think only Matra's racecars will be called cool, and even then it seems people won't have heard of them.

Sad day for France, if I was French I would be insulted by the lack of recognition for Matra.....for a long time they were one of France's (if not the) most successful manufacturers in motorsport.

Seems some people should read up on their motorsport history and French manufacturers ;)

I vote uncool despite this though, because Matra's road cars were no where near the level of their Formula 1 or Le Mans racers.

Sadly, I think only Matra's racecars will be called cool, and even then it seems people won't have heard of them...

...Seems some people should read up on their motorsport history and French manufacturers ;)

It's history isn't going to make it more appealing or a drag queen. Behind knowing what little I just read upon, a 3-seat coupe from France doesn't make me wanna break the bank 👎. I'm sure it was a jewel at some point and time but like most things in life it didn't age like fine wine and surely has lost is glitz, glamor, and surely whatever recognition it did once carry if ever any :sly:.

There is one Matra I'd describe as cool, though it's badged as a Renault: the Avantime. Matra are of course responsible for the Espace, as it was they who originally took the idea to Peugeot who told them to get lost, and Renault were more than happy to take them up on their "people carrier" idea.

You people are crazy. You never heard of Matra and you call yourselves car fans?!?! :lol:

Jackie Stewart won a world championship in one for crying out loud.

3605942231_0cbf62e5ca.jpg

Matra MS630 SOUND

stewart-matra.jpg

Matra MS80 F1 SOUND

Matra as a company = SUB-FRIGGEN-ZERO

Matra Murena = Borderline cool cause it doesn't have a V12.

It's history isn't going to make it more appealing or a drag queen. Behind knowing what little I just read upon, a 3-seat coupe from France doesn't make me wanna break the bank 👎. I'm sure it was a jewel at some point and time but like most things in life it didn't age like fine wine and surely has lost is glitz, glamor, and surely whatever recognition it did once carry if ever any :sly:.

I didn't say people should think this car is cool because its a Matra, I just think its sad a fair few people are saying they have never heard of Matra.
Its like someone saying they haven't heard of Tyrrell I suppose or Talbot, not a name everyone should know, but I certainly expect car fans to recognise it.

I never heard of this one, but after some quick research on the internet, I voted uncool.

Looks damn good for a car from the early '80's.

Although from what I read they can be quite problematic, and that's not cool.

There is one Matra I'd describe as cool, though it's badged as a Renault: the Avantime. Matra are of course responsible for the Espace, as it was they who originally took the idea to Peugeot who told them to get lost, and Renault were more than happy to take them up on their "people carrier" idea.

r.jpg

This cool, no way!

I didn't say people should think this car is cool because its a Matra, I just think its sad a fair few people are saying they have never heard of Matra.
Its like someone saying they haven't heard of Tyrrell I suppose or Talbot, not a name everyone should know, but I certainly expect car fans to recognise it.

Yea I know I got what your saying, but I'm not surprised in people not hearing of it because I haven't either. Nor was it a 'great' car of it's time that it would be noted for anything. I'm a car guy, nut, motor head but I've never seen the Matra and don't find it desirable.

Back