• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2004-2008 Acura TSX suggested by Andrew C :.

acura_tsx_2004_t1.jpg

Specs:
Engine: 2.4 liters in-line 4 front engine
Fuel: Premium unleaded fuel 91
Fuel economy (mpg): 23/32
Power: 200 HP @ 6,800 rpm
Torque: 166 ft lb @ 4,500 rpm​

Last edited:
Uncool. Designed to move people, not emotions. It's an Accord outside the US too, and while the Accord is a great car, it just doesn't conjure up images of coolness.

Nice cars, just as Joey said, designed as a people mover. Uncool.

I hear that with rear wings and exhaust they are much cooler though. :lol:

Uncool. It's a great car, but it's fairly mundane and is in essence part of a fabricated brand designed to give the illusion of being a higher class. And under that veil of lies, it's a reliable-as-sin Honda, which in its self isn't exactly brimming with coolness.

Uncool- Re-Badged Accord. Only Acuras I have ever liked were the 1st and 3rd generation Integras and the NSX.

meh, it was supposedly pretty sprightly, but, yeah, it's not exactly the first name in excitement.

Sub-Zero!!! Where would life be with that faaar left-winger right? The K20 Accord Euro's are far better than the bland K24 TSX's we get in the States but I like them nonetheless either way they come.

...Only Acuras I have ever liked were the 1st and 3rd generation Integras and the NSX.

Ah the good old days eh! I'm in love with my 93 DA9 GS, my last DA was a OBD-0 LS DA9, which died after 3 shorts month ('nother story) LoL!

Coolness doesn't reflect a good or bad car, a car can been awesome but still uncool and vice versa.

I think I'll abstain from voting, since I'm verging on uncool/cool. Probably a bit more on the uncool side, but it looks like the poll is already sorted out.

Uncool.. Just a re-badged and re-maked up Honda Accord... Nothing special...

I would rather get the Honda...

You see one on the road and you're thinking, meh that's uncool...untill he or she drops the hammer and you hear a screaming VTEC. Its actually a cool Honda product (in America), there are few and far between cool Honda products over here. And if someone nominates the previous gen TL that will get a SZ vote from me.

Looks good, isn't boring and I see people who drive them having fun.

Cool 75%

I like the Accord, especially for its touring car history in the 90s. But, seeing as this is a vote for the Acura, it doesn't really apply.
Not much to say really, its a bit of a funny one, because its obviously not available in Europe...except it is, but not with an Acura badge.

So quite simply, the badge kills it. Uncool.

Cool.

I have a great uncle who has one that I rode in last year. It seemed like a pretty sweet car. Although I didn't drive it so I have no idea what the driving dynamics are like.

If I were to own a Acura TSX, I'd drop the motor out the K24, and do all I can to get an imported Euro-R K20 from Japan or deal with a USDM RSX Type-S K20A. It's a nice sedan by far better than a Buick Sable or as Nissan put's it, a 'boring' Toyota Camry'.

Japanese rep Repmobile made even more uncool by trying to tart it up with a silly badge.

Seriously uncool!

Last edited:
I dont understand what this is supposed to mean: 'Japanese rep Repmobile made even more uncool by trying to tart it up with a silly badge.' LoL, only thing I made out was 'Uncool' and 'Silly Badge', I don't think 'tarts' come with Acuras though it would be a great way to close out the sale. I'm more of a Pop Tart guy though.

I dont understand what this is supposed to mean: 'Japanese rep Repmobile made even more uncool by trying to tart it up with a silly badge.' LoL, only thing I made out was 'Uncool' and 'Silly Badge', I don't think 'tarts' come with Acuras though it would be a great way to close out the sale. I'm more of a Pop Tart guy though.

To tart something up is to dress it up, but in a more negative meaning.
I would have thought repmobile is a known term in the US? I don't know.
Using the word "Japanese" is against the AUP though...

Cool.Because it's a good sedan,but doesn't look that good,but at least it has power to boot.

Despite the fact that I like the car, and I wouldn't mind owning one myself, the cars are decidedly uncool. There really isn't anything outstanding about the car, perhaps other than its solid driving dynamics, as it was otherwise a beginner's executive ride.

Look at me! I wear Ray Bans, read the Robb Report at lunch, but I don't take myself too seriously because I wear Converse All-Stars with my suit and tie, and dance awkwardly to Jay-Z while waiting in the lobby for the elevator! I'm a dangerous twentysomething so and so!

Look at me! I wear Ray Bans, read the Robb Report at lunch, but I don't take myself too seriously because I wear Converse All-Stars with my suit and tie, and dance awkwardly to Jay-Z while waiting in the lobby for the elevator! I'm a dangerous twentysomething so and so!
Is it just me or does this sound like a line from Family Guy.:P

I voted cool, but it barely got there.

I like them, quite a lot. I like the European Honda Accord with the similar design even more. I like the Accord Euro R available in Japan even more than that. I think they look good, they're clearly a high-quality product and Mazda 6 aside it's probably my favourite car in that class. People always post pics of some great looking ones in the imports thread, and I always nod approvingly.

However, it's uncool. It's a repmobile and as standard it's just one of a mass of similar vehicles that get people to work and back each day with little fuss and little excitement.

Cool.

I have a great uncle who has one that I rode in last year. It seemed like a pretty sweet car. Although I didn't drive it so I have no idea what the driving dynamics are like.

The driving dynamics are quite good actually. It behaves similar to my old '97 Prelude. Lift-off oversteer is a slight possibility, but otherwise it grips pretty decent and is a great around town cruiser.

Despite the fact that I like the car, and I wouldn't mind owning one myself, the cars are decidedly uncool. There really isn't anything outstanding about the car, perhaps other than its solid driving dynamics, as it was otherwise a beginner's executive ride.

1. 6spd manual availability
2. 0-60 in 6.7~6.9s in a mid-sized 4cyl saloon car
3. It drives very well around corners and in a straight line
4. Makes a great noise over 5,200 RPM
5. Doesn't cost a lot of money

And an entry level executive saloon is a Merc C-class, Audi A4 and BMW 3-series. Lets not pretend to lump anything American or Japanese into that catagory--and that includes my beloved Infiniti M.

Is it just me or does this sound like a line from Family Guy.:P

Odd yea it rubbed me as plagiarized too, I was leaning more towards a Jeremy Clarkson though. Sounds like his raunchy jargon like his spin on BMW M3 drivers and Bluetooth's :)!

The Type S in white can be quite stunning, unfortuantly it is only an Accord which makes it uncool. I'm really torn on this one, but i'm going to say uncool with a slight lean towards cool.

Back