• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1972-1974* Lancia Stratos suggested by X-DEVIL7675 :.

xky7b9.jpg

Specs:
Configuration Ferrari Dino Type 246 65º V 6
Location Mid, transversely mounted
Displacement 2.418 liter / 147.6 cu in
Valvetrain 2 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed 3 Weber 40 IDF Carburettors
Aspiration Naturally Aspirated

Drivetrain
Chassis/body fibreglass body on steel monocoque
Front suspension double wishbones, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, anti-roll bar
Rear suspension McPherson struts, lower wishbones, coil springs, telescopic dampers, anti-roll bar
Steering rack-and-pinion
Brakes discs, all-round
Gearbox Ferrari 5 speed Manual
Drive Rear wheel drive

Dimensions
Weight 980 kilo / 2160.5 lbs

Performance figures
Power 190 bhp @ 7000 rpm
Torque 167 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
Power to weight 0.19 bhp / kg
Top Speed 130 mph
0-60 mph 6.0 s

*A 1977 Stratos was nominated but the road car was only produced between 72-74 per everything I've found on the internet. It appears the race car was produced longer though.

Regardless of the Ferrari engine, it has everything a cool car has in my book: success, performance and style. 👍

Sub-Zero.

It gets a good nod from me, it's got the styling, the engine, and the rally car reputation, but it doesn't have that "HOLY:censored:" factor.

COOL

Best...Dino...application...EVER.

Do I even have to say it aloud? This car is nearing Zero...KELVIN.

It looks outlandishly alien, is available in eye-searing and aesthetically criminal colors, is about as easy to drive as a rodeo horse (and just as likely to kill you) and is one of the best rally cars of all time.

And while you might convince your wife that a Delta Integrale or a Mitsubishi Evo is a "practical" buy or that that old Ferrari is an "investment"... there's no way you'd get this one past her without getting divorce papers or a kitchen knife embedded in your skull.

This car is so far below sub-zero that it doesn't exist on a quantum level. It violates the Heisenberg uncertainty principle in that the very fabric of the universe around it is frozen in place.

It gets a good nod from me, it's got the styling, the engine, and the rally car reputation, but it doesn't have that "HOLY:censored:" factor.

COOL

Nah it should just become a bannable offense to not vote sub-zero on this car.

So, six of us so far risk being banned?

I don't get it. What makes this car Sub-Zero? I must be missing something. It doesn't strike me as Sub-Zero, just Cool. (I can already see people crying "Blasphemy" over this)

Honestly, I don't see what's so awesome and brutal about it. Someone clue me in because I'm curious.

the fact that this thing get to be SO sub-zero, even when powered by a putrid ferrari engine, has to speak volumes about it.

So, six of us so far risk being banned?

I don't get it. What makes this car Sub-Zero? I must be missing something. It doesn't strike me as Sub-Zero, just Cool. (I can already see people crying "Blasphemy" over this)

Honestly, I don't see what's so awesome and brutal about it. Someone clue me in because I'm curious.

The Stratos was one of the first rally cars (and probably one of the only) built from the ground up to go rallying... it was a marriage of Fiat money, Bertone styling and Ferrari engines.

The car is completely no-nonsense in its rallying focus. Wrap-around windshield for maximum forward visibility. Absolutely no rear visibility. Mid-engined to give it incredibly sharp handling. They also made it tricky to drive at the limit. It won the world championship multiple times and won a whole lot more races in privateer hands. That such a stupidly hardcore car was available for road use was phenomenal.

The sale of the Stratos to private buyers would be like Ferrari today building a Formula One car with fenders and turn signals and trying to pass it off as road-legal.

That makes it subzero.

Back