• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1992-1995 Ford Taurus SHO 3.0 suggested by StigNumbers :.

used-1993-ford-taurus-sho-3819-375058-1-640.jpg

Specs:
Engine: 3L Yamaha V6
Redline: 7,000 rpm
Drivetrain: FWD
Horsepower: 220
Torque (ft lbs): 200
Wheelbase: 106.0 in (2692.4 mm)
Length: Sedan:192.0 in (4876.8 mm)
Width: 71.2 in (1808.5 mm)
Height: Sedan: 54.1 in (1374.1 mm)–55.4 in (1407.2 mm)
Curb weight: 3,472 lb (1,575 kg)​

Last edited:
Uncool. Yes it's fast-ish and yes it's scary to be in one due to the hideous amount of torque steer, but in the end it's a Taurus and that doesn't really promote coolness to me. Plus everyone I've ever really known to own one was a complete tool or was a "questionable modifier"....like this chap:

6906-1992-Ford-Taurus.jpg

Sounds boring, looks boring and has a boring name.

Seriously uncool.

They basically put a high output engine in a boring family sedan and forgot to do anything else. It was pretty fast but couldn't go around corners or do much else. It wasn't boring, but it was exciting in a bad way.

So its boring with Heinz tomato sauce to hide the taste? Except its not Heinz, its an also-dull engine manufacturer. (I refer to the engine-producing side being dull and not particularly successful here, I realise Superbikes and whatnot are certainly exciting).

I have a soft spot for decent sleepers, even if they're built by the manufacturer. This car conjures up feelings close to what cars like GNX could. In the same light as the GNX however, it only really looks good in black (maybe flat black if you want to get creative) and low to the ground. I think it's pretty cool.

is so seriously uncool, that it goes to the same bucket of horse manure with most of the french and chinese cars.

Subzero. Because only the cool people knew you had a BMW 3-series beater in the day. Sleepers are cool, and this is subzero because it came from left field from Ford. No one had a clue they were going to produce a sport saloon/sedan.

Also the 1993-1995 SHO had its engine bored out to 3.2 litres thus giving it 15tq more than the 3.0 litre.

JCE
Also the 1993-1995 SHO had its engine bored out to 3.2 litres thus giving it 15tq more than the 3.0 litre.

The automatic SHO did.

I voted cool, but only in manual form. The autobox made it as bad or worse than the average normal Taurus if a bit better looking.

C'Mon, Sub Zero

Totally bad-ass back in the day, it was arguably one of the best American cars ever manufactured up to that point. Big engine power, a true manual gearbox, enough room for the wife and their kids (and their junk!). What's not to love? As I recall, they were "affordable" too.

The only problem is that Ford was also building the Thunderbird SC at the time.

God the '90s were awesome...

Cool. My brother's Taurus is "only" the 3.8 GL, but it has enough torque to spin the earth the other way round. It's not bad at cornering either, but my only evidence is a romp around some mountain roads.

Even still, that's just the GL. The SHO is the car I really want.

I have to say uncool because it's a large sedan with FWD, not to mention the only Taurus that ever made it to Australia was the biggest, most abysmal laughable failure EVAR, and it was design influence from the Taurus that meant the at-the-time all new AU Falcon was also a huge flop for Ford.

Its an ugly American saloon, with FWD

Seriously Uncool. So much so that if this was my cool wall, it would be thrown on the floor or destroyed in some way so that I never had to see it again!

Just a cool from me.
73.5%.
Beginning of the end for the Taurus, as Ford began showing their lack of interest in the car as soon as the Gen. II SHO came out. Gen I. would be subzero.

Cool. It's a Taurus, and I don't find those too thrilling. Even with the SHO V6 hung off the front end. It's only cool because of the reputation it has.

Seriously Uncool. The version regularly seen in Australia is (surprisingly) MORE ugly than that abysmal piece of faeces is, it has body roll like a dinghy, FWD, a gutless engine and no street cred whatsoever.

Back