• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2009+ Rizk Auto DBR2 Recreation suggested by exigeracer :.

rizk-perspective_front.jpg

Specs:
Fully independent Front and Rear Suspension with all wheel disc brakes and adjustable coil over shocks.
Height adjustable steering column and pedal assembly.
Custom Herman Miller ™ Seats with adjustability of seat bottom angle, height and lumbar.
All Carbon Monocoque Chassis with Aluminum Honeycomb
All Carbon Body with Nomex Honeycomb
Weight: 2100 lbs

Engine Options:
* Jaguar Straight 6 cylinder with triple SU or Weber Carburetor
* Jaguar V-12 Cylinder with triple SU or Weber Carburetor
* Fuel Injected Corvette LS3 V8 Engine

Transmission
* Manual 5 Speed
* Manual 6 Speed (Corvette Engine only)
* Automatic 6 Speed (Corvette Engine only)​

Last edited:
Before I vote, I MUST see UNDENIABLE PROOF that there is a WORKING, RUNNING prototype of this vehicle. Great concept, but if there's no car, I can't in good faith vote anything but Seriously Uncool. For all I know, it could be a scam.

It's one thing to make up specs and say it's gonna have all this. It's another to actually do it. You can even make a super-realistic picture with a clay model, mockup, the real Aston, or rendering software.

Prove it. Show a magazine article of a test drive.

ericdemoryGT
A picture

Not quite what you were asked for...

I'm going for Seriously Uncool too. Vapourware usually is and, come on, that name... You'd spend as long explaining what it actually is too, and explanations are dull.

Seriously Uncool, first I'm not sure how this car even got nominated since it goes against the no concept cars rule. Adding to that I can't find any proof it is more than a concept.

This is a tricky one, I think recreations that are not a modern retro thrownback are cool. When you get into things like the new Camaro, MINI Cooper, VW Beetle, they are trying to be something they aren't and that isn't cool. I also like it when old cars like this are updated to make them liveable in everyday modern driving.

But Famine is right, you'd have to explain that car and cars that require explanations aren't cool. It uses a lot of space age technology too which seems geeky.

I love the car and I would love to own one, it's probably fabulous to drive and it oozes good looks, but I really can't deem it cool.

===

Prove it. Show a magazine article of a test drive.

You can buy one, apparently with a Jag's six in it you are looking at $180,000. I have to imagine it is a working car rather then a concept if it can be ordered.

Article:
http://www.speedlux.com/1957-aston-martin-dbr2-recreation-by-rizk-auto/

No road test though.

===

Seriously Uncool, first I'm not sure how this car even got nominated since it goes against the no concept cars rule. Adding to that I can't find any proof it is more than a concept.

If you can have them make you one then it's not a concept car. If I were to ring up Rizk Auto, give them a bunch of money I would eventually have the car.

This car doesn't really grab my attention. I would vote cool though if it was the real DBR2 though. Seeing as this isn't...

UNCOOL

Well, after looking at it a bit, I think I'll just go "uncool." Apparently you can get one, but, I dunno, the whole shebang seems kinda...too good to be true? and when it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

So far as I can tell, they've got one car, which has a Jag Inline Six in it. Again, I need to see a road test or something, not company PR.

You can buy one, apparently with a Jag's six in it you are looking at $180,000. I have to imagine it is a working car rather then a concept if it can be ordered.

No road test though.

If you can have them make you one then it's not a concept car. If I were to ring up Rizk Auto, give them a bunch of money I would eventually have the car.

Eventually is the key word, hell if you give me enough money I'll build you a space shuttle and you will eventually get it. Just because you can order something doesn't exactly mean it's in production, people ordered those hover cars in the early 2000's yet they still haven't gotten into the production phase.

I have to agree with what JP said, without a road test it is hard to say.

Uncool. I'm not one for replicas and recreations but I certainly understand the reasoning behind them. I'd absolutely love to have an old 32 or 34 Ford but I would never be able to shell out the money for a real steel-bodied car so getting a reproduction body would be the best bet just like with this car.

it gets cool from me, just because of the shape and carbs, not to mention fully independent suspension. without the LS3/corvette engine hassle it would had been sub zero. ;)

Uncool, its a recreation/replica they aren't cool in my books. No-one says that Shelby Cobra replicas are cool, so why is this any different?

Sub-Zero.

This thing looks beautiful, and it's the end result of the work from a man who's gone completely mad. I remember reading somewhere that this is just the dry-run for what he [Rizk] really wants to do. This is the embodiment of an automotive passion.

Sub-Zero.

Positive:
Very very good looking car,
a Jag V12....
Modern materials etc so should drive as good as it looks

Negative:
its a replica
it has a stupid name (the Rizk Auto bit),
its a replica of a British car thats not built in Britain
no indication as to whether or not it actually does drive well.

In the end the looks swayed me into voting it sub zero, but with reflection I think that should be knocked down to Cool.

Eventually is the key word, hell if you give me enough money I'll build you a space shuttle and you will eventually get it. Just because you can order something doesn't exactly mean it's in production, people ordered those hover cars in the early 2000's yet they still haven't gotten into the production phase.

I have to agree with what JP said, without a road test it is hard to say.

If you can buy one it's not a concept, it doesn't matter if it takes forever to get it. I can't walk into a Chevy dealer and order the Super Sport, but I can call up Rizk Auto and order a DBR2 Recreation. That's enough proof to say it's not a concept.

A road test on the other hand would only show us how well it performs and wouldn't prove/disprove the concept argument. I seem to remember they were driving around the Camaro concept and some mags even did a road test of it.

But if it's a recreation of an Aston Martin, why not use an Aston Martin V12?

That's a good point, cost maybe? Perhaps space issues? Although with space issues they could have used a Aston V8.

With today's technology, it is possible to recreate any car body from the last 120 years. This is for people who want an original but can't afford it (all but maybe 7% of the world population). It is impossible to buy one of these and keep up the delusion that you're driving a priceless classic. Uncool.

I think they should bring back old styling. The 250GTO and the DB4 Zagato were two of the nicest looking cars of all time - however, I don't like this. Maybe just the picture, but the proportions are slightly off - and it looks no where near as pretty as the 722.

Uncool.

Back