GTP Cool Wall: V6 Hyundai Genesis Coupé . Voting Open!

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 87 comments

Hyundai Genesis V6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupé 3.8 V6 track suggested by TorqueHappenS08 :.

43bf6001gencoupereviewo.jpg

Specs:
Engine: 3.8L V6
Base Price: $28,000
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel drive
Curb Weight (lbs): 3389
Horsepower: 306 @ 6300
Torque (lb-ft): 266 @ 4700​

Last edited:
Meh - its the style of the time, and the looks aren't too offensive. Its really a "change the badge and we'll talk" car, but I vote cool.

Uncool. If this would have been the 2.0T then it would have been cool. The Nissan 370Z starts at $29,930 and you get more stuff and probably a better car. The 370Z also has more power and more torque. They even look about the same too, they are both modern ugly.

I feel the 2.0T Genesis Coupé is a great deal and is an immensely fun car for $22K, which is why it would be cool. The V6 though doesn't quite cut the mustard for me in terms of anything really.

The v6 is so much better than the 2.0T. The Genesis isn't a perfect comparison for the 370z because it's a 2+2 and is a lot bigger than the Nissan 2-seater. However, the car does compete with the Camaro, Mustang, and G37S. I'd rather have the Hyundai or the Stang. Anyway, this car gets a Sub-zero because it's the first spark of the cheap RWD renaissance. Hyundai beat everyone to the punch and actually made a cool car in the process so it's worth some commendation.

edit: Also, Joey, you could use an up-to-date picture:

43bf6001gencoupereviewo.jpg

Shows how much I know, I thought it was a two seater.

I voted cool simply because I think it's a pretty good looking car. And if you were to buy one, it would suggest that you're not a badge snob.

Despite it being a Hyundai, it looks very good and isn't trying to hard to be cool, people who don't know about cars will think, hey nice looking car, people who do will think hey, the only good Hyundai, but still good. Cool.

Sub-Zero, 90%. It looks like it has chubby cheeks. Got to stay away from grandma from this situation. :lol: And the color looks absolutely amazing for this transportation.

Uncool. I'm with Joey on the 2.0T comment, even if it's "not as good" (as Omnis pointed out). It just seems a bit more lively at that spec. But even then, in general, I just don't view the Genesis as that cool of a car. Its different, yeah. Its not a Mustang or a 370Z, and it does its own thing well... But I just don't care for the look and feel of the car. So, uncool.

I don't understand why someone would hate a car based on a brand, since not every car of the same brand carries the same problems.

Voted it Cool. The looks of it are certainly something I don't see everyday, and thus are cool, but it also looks a bit odd, and ugly. It's FR, and has 306HP. It has Genesis in the name, so it can't be uncool. 👍

It's FR, and has 306HP. It has Genesis in the name, so it can't be uncool. 👍

Yeh but it also has Hyundai in it's name so it can. Surely all those years of making seriously uncool cars can't be forgotten because they've made 1 decent car (slight badge snobbery against hyundais, sorry :scared:)

Edit : Oh yeh, Uncool.

I saw one of these on the street in it's most basic form, and i have to say i was really underwhelmed. This car doesn't look very good unless you drop a pretty serious amount of coin on it. And for that price i could buy a nice small luxury sedan.

Uncool.

an easy one. the Koreans have the balls to make a car I would want to buy. Sub-Zero

Yeh but it also has Hyundai in it's name so it can.

I still have to see someone in this thread explain how can you judge a car based on an entire brand. Just because of all the cars in a brand except one suck, it doesn't mean that special car has to suck one way or another too.

I Voted cool, This car is showing people the other side of Hyundai, the side that no one knew they could accomplish in just a few short years, this company has come a very long way, and they are still climbing at the speed of light. i honestly thought back then hyundai and kia would dissapear like that of daewoo, but no they soldiered on, I'm not a biased badge snob so i wont even put the company down because of the name plate.

I still have to see someone in this thread explain how can you judge a car based on an entire brand. Just because of all the cars in a brand except one suck, it doesn't mean that special car has to suck one way or another too.

Because we are judging the car based upon "Coolness" not how good it is or how much it sucks.. And car's with terrible badges are uncool (in my opinion) no matter how good they are until that badge gets a nice reputation for "coolness" after a while. So if hyundai keeps producing cars that are fun and exciting to drive then they will deserve "cool", this might be a one hit wonder for all we know.

First impression: its a Hyundai therefore is instantly uncool

Looking at it slightly deeper the looks are nothing special, kind of makes me think of a Toyota (which in its self is hardly a cool brand to be ripping off)
Front engine RWD which is good, but thats hardly going to make up for a rubbish badge and iffy looks...

Uncool

Because we are judging the car based upon "Coolness" not how good it is or how much it sucks.. And car's with terrible badges are uncool (in my opinion) no matter how good they are until that badge gets a nice reputation for "coolness" after a while. So if hyundai keeps producing cars that are fun and exciting to drive then they will deserve "cool", this might be a one hit wonder for all we know.

This is absolutely spot on.

It has nothing to do with good/bad cars. It has to do with cool/uncool brands. The Genesis is one of many cars which might change Hyundai's fortunes in the cool stakes and, in the future, may be remembered as a trailblazing and cool car.

But here and now, it's a Hyundai. And even awesome Hyundais are uncool.

Seriously uncool.
First: It's a hyundai
Second: For a couple more dollars you can get a brand camaro that is cool.
Third: The back looks a lot an Infiniti G37 Coupe.

To close this up I just hate this car. :D

Last edited:
You people realize that we are voting this specific Hyundai, right? Not the Hyundai brand in its entirety, which would make the "Uncool" designation fitting.

Anyways, it's the way you think. I can't do anything to change it. I find this kind of voting worth the debate instead of voting without even giving a reason.

EDIT: At least LIL_KACHING gave a reasonable explanation to why he deems it Seriously Uncool.

Cool.

Yeah it's a Hyundai but the numbers speak for themselves. 300+ hp stock out of a v6 is pretty impressive. I think i would honestly rather have one of these more than a new Camaro (Which isn't saying much).

Everything about this car is right for me. I think it's very cool. That coming from a person who does not normally care for less than 8 cylinders, or less than 4.6L of displacement. BUT, I can't dislike it, ever since I watched it on "Speed Test Drive" I thought it was an awesome car. Right Wheel Drive, Turbo 4 or N/A 6? Yeah, don't mind if I do.

I don't care if Hundai made garbage before, they seem to be on track now.

All 4 times I've seen this car its been driven by rich bratty 16 year old boys with spiked hair... Uncool.

Uncool. It does have good performance but the brand being Hyundai doesn't liven me up. And somehow Hyundai are the best sellers this month in the UK. :crazy:

Seriously Uncool. Hyundai needs more than that to turn their company around, and just because they finally realized that their Tiburon is a joke in the sport compact segment 10 years too late doesn't mean their being "revolutionary" or becoming a major player by creating this thing. The body doesn't flow right, the front looks like its had too much plastic surgery, and its a Hyundai. Seriously, I'd rather drive an Accent GSi than this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back