• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1998-2003 TVR Cerbera Speed 12 suggested by niky :.

1998-tvr-cerbera-speed-12-10w.jpg

Specs:
0-60 mph (97 km/h): 2.9 seconds
0-100 mph (160 km/h): 4.6 seconds
0-200 mph (320 km/h): 13.9 seconds
1/4 mile (~400 m): 9.0 seconds at 155 mph (249 km/h)
weight 2,205 lb (1,000 kg)[1]
power: 800 bhp (597 kW; 811 PS)
top speed: 240 mph (390 km/h)​

Ahh, crap.

It's a supercar. Supercars are uncool. But just look at it. Just look at the power/torque ratings and know that they're a guess based on the racer because the road engine tore a 1000lbft dyno apart.

Guh. Can't vote.

I love it to bits, but..... A road car should be able to be driven on the road - this was awful as a road car. Uncool by default.

I love it to bits, but..... A road car should be able to be driven on the road - this was awful as a road car. Uncool by default.

I've honestly never seen a road test of it - possibly to do with the fact they didn't exactly fly out of the factory.

They only ever built one road version i believe. Peter Wheeler tried using it as a daily during development, but found it unusable. I'm sure Martin Brundle(?) did a test drive of one for EVO mag some time ago (could be wrong, might have just been the race version) and also found it to be dreadful.

They only ever built one road version i believe. Peter Wheeler tried using it as a daily during development, but found it unusable. I'm sure Martin Brundle(?) did a test drive of one for EVO mag some time ago (could be wrong, might have just been the race version) and also found it to be dreadful.

Jon Barker did a review of it in the May 2005 issue of Evo.

Well, it's a 7.7 litre naturally aspirated V12 that weighs as much as a specced-out S2 Elise with more than 1000lbft lurking at the crank - so potentially about 11,000lbft in 1st gear. You'd have to set off in 3rd and there can't be so much as a percent of humidity or you'll die.

That said, dying to death in a Speed 12 is pretty cool...

Edit:

Jon Barker did a review of it in the May 2005 issue of Evo.

Thanks for the pointer. I've found a copy of that and I'll stick up the last page (in accordance with fair use rules):

TVR_Cerbera_Speed_12_07.jpg

Oddly, it seems like, if it wasn't for the turning circle, it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as one might think...

Last edited:
It's going to be a bugger to drive slowly. You'd be forever stalling it whilst trying to maneuver. You'd probably end up lighting up the rear wheels everytime you set off. Cool at LeMans, seriously uncool when trying to feed out into traffic after filling up with fuel (for the sixth time that day) from your local petrol station. Any car that makes you look like a dick is uncool. (See Ferrari).

Subzero. Everything about it is wicked, the numbers, the looks, everything. I've always been a fan of this car, every little detail on the car looks as though it's going to completely destroy you if you get behind the wheel.

Only cool, for me. All the components add up to an awesome car, but one you'd look a bit of a twonk driving down the street.

If you have one for use only on the track, then Sub-Z. But as it's road legal, only cool.

I remember Tiffany Dell driving it in an issue of Top Gear mag way back too.

It's abso-bloody-lutely mad, which is Sub-zero in my book...but, it's more or less a Trackday car, which is uncool. Split the difference, it's Cool.

This car is insanely powerful and it's got a great (estimated) top speed. I like the power of the car...

But it looks like the regular Cerebra's malformed brother. Not good. Not to mention, this occurs to me as a track only car.

UNCOOL

an abomination from TVR I like TVRs but not this one. uncool

I struggle to get excited by a car that's practically undrivable by anyone without a A Class racing license... and the fact that I've never read anything about it when it's actually run properly is also disappointing.

I always thought this car utterly pointless and more of a publicity stunt by TVR than anything else... had the potential to be sub-zero, but never got properly developed.

As such, uncool.

an abomination from TVR I like TVRs but not this one. uncool

Aren't TVR's meant to be insane? I mean they always seemed like undrivable, cheaply made, nutters cars to me from what I hear. This one seems to be exactly that, crazy, monster of a car.

If you see someone driving a TVR without losing the rear end and they aren't going nought miles an hour then I usually think they must be pretty good drivers :lol:

Not a driver's car, just an insane one. Sub zero.

I love it, but I heard it takes about 20 mins to get started and doesn't have a reverse gear(?). Uncool.

Just bad-ass. It's a car that can't be driven by anyone without the sharpest of skill. Actually, scratch that, it's not a car. It's an engineering and artistic achievement of epic proportions. It's an example of man trying to go beyond what is conventionally possible and acceptable. And then doing it.

Sub-Zero.

Its pure power with no driveability, exactly what I dreamed of as a kid, and the kid in me always knows whats cool.

Cool.

That said, dying to death in a Speed 12 is pretty cool...

And if they did, it would be backwards and on fire.

This is the incarnation of the devil.
Those. ^

The car is so unashamedly badass it can't be anything other than sub zero. If aliens came to Earth and wanted to know what "hell" and/or "Satan" is, you'd show them the Speed 12.

Anything that flings people into hedges sideways, on fire and upside down is beyond cool. :lol:

There's only one possible way to describe it, but I would be completely shattering the AUP. Therefore, I'll blunt it way down to "bat-🤬 crazy". Complete overkill, but overkill is so much fun.

Sub-Zero.

Last edited:
Back