• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 1992-1997 Maserati Ghibli II suggested by Encyclopedia :.

Maserati-Ghibli_1.jpg

Specs:
Configuration: 90º V6
Displacement: 2.79 liter / 170.3 cu in
Valvetrain: 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed: Fuel Injection
Aspiration: Two IHI Turbos

Weight: 1365 kilo / 3009.3 lbs
Power: 340 bhp / 254 KW @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 442 Nm / 326 ft lbs @ 3500 rpm
BHP/Liter: 122 bhp / liter
Power to weight: 0.25 bhp / kg
Top Speed: 260 km/h / 162 mph
0-60 mph : 5.6 s​

Always had a soft spot for the Bi-turbo and it's variants. Voted cool. Will probably be the only one to do so. :indiff:

I'm going to go with Cool on this one. First off it's Italian and Italian cars that aren't Ferraris are typically cool (although this is sort of a Ferrari at heart, no?). Secondly the car had a better displacement to out put ratio then any other car at the time, including the Bugatti EB110, Ferrari F40 and Jaguar XJ220. Excellent displacement to output ratios are cool because they show you don't need a big engine to produce power.

Voted cool. Will probably be the only one to do so. :indiff:

Fear not Mr. Cracker! I'm sure others will too. The cool wall continuously surprises me, and worse case scenario us two are the only ones who vote it cool.

Another one with a soft spot for this era Maserati.

Styled by Gandini or Bertone or another one of those Italian design studios... compact, neat, disctete.

I remember Harry Metcalf (now owner of EVO Magazine) getting one when they first came out and Performance Car running a roadtest on it... turned in some very good numbers and they spoke very highly of the handling. It had a beautiful interior with some obscenely expensive clock on the facia.

Of course pre-Ferarri involvement, Maserati's didn't offer a great owner ship experience as they terribly unreliable and fell in value like a lead ballon.

Cool.

I also have a soft-spot for this era Maserati so it gets another cool vote. It looks a little like a V6, rear-drive Integrale with a boot. Which sounds odd, but is definitely cool.

Also, Maseratis still don't yet suffer from "footballer syndrome" and especially not nineties Maseratis, so it's cool.

Hmm... looks like an 80's styled Acura Legend from the same time period at first glance. And even though it's a Maserati, at first glance, it didn't look like it had over 150 HP.

This car's got 350 HP. Can you say "sleeper"?

Always had a soft spot for the Bi-turbo and it's variants. Voted cool. Will probably be the only one to do so. :indiff:

Fear not Mr. Cracker! I'm sure others will too. The cool wall continuously surprises me, and worse case scenario us two are the only ones who vote it cool.

Alas, so far, nobody's voted anything other than Cool. 8 people have voted Cool.

...Including myself.

COOL

Can't really vote it "Cool." Ultimately a relatively unreliable car outclassed by BMWs of the era. I find the styling uncohesive as well, looks like it's trying to be conservative but ended up in a cartoon. The fenders look tacked-on, the boot lid gap's enormous...It looks as if the the Italian Craftsmen building it were in their apprentice days.

Uncool

If this was branded as any other car I'd give it an uncool, but I have a softspot for maserati's (I don't even know why, I just do :S) Cool

Can't really vote it "Cool." Ultimately a relatively unreliable car outclassed by BMWs of the era. I find the styling uncohesive as well, looks like it's trying to be conservative but ended up in a cartoon. The fenders look tacked-on, the boot lid gap's enormous...It looks as if the the Italian Craftsmen building it were in their apprentice days.

Uncool

x2.. And I have nothing really to add to that.

Cool. It looks like a combination of a Lancia Delta Integrale plus nondescript Japanese sedan. And 350 hp out of such a tiny engine.

Out of my 20 rules, 4 apply. 2 cons, 2 pros. 50%=Seriously Uncool

Seriously, it may be a Masserati and it may be fast...but it's a box on wheels!!!

Maserati's are cool. You drive around in one and you're oozing coolness. Conversely you drive around in a Ferrari and you look like a pompous ***.

Uncool.

Never cared much for Maseratis, and this one looks like a Japanese car from the '80's. Performance seems a tad unimpressive too given 340hp and only 3000lbs.

sub zero. Affordable, Italian, RWD coupe, with twinturbo V6.. and had they continued the development, it would had received an engine that had 6 valves per cylinder.

De Tomaso sold out to the Fiat group in 1993 through, didn't they?
Fiat didn't really hand the company over to Ferrari to tinker with until the 4200GT (Maserati Coupe/Spyder). They sorta just updated the de Tamaso stuff until then.

I really have a soft spot for this car, hence why I nominated it. It's rare (around here anyway, I don't think I've ever seen one in Sweden) and I just love the subtle styling. Good performance too. I'd love to own one.

Sub-Zero.

This is just dripping with SubZeroness. Another Late-eighties, Early-ninties sleeper box noone ever really heard of, turbocharged, and rear wheel drive. 'm all about these things. 👍

Cheers,
Jetboy

Sleeper (I gave it around 230 horsepower, imagine my surprise) --> Automatically Cool. Good looking sleeper I have never heard of --> Sub-Zero.

Back