• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2006+ Alfa Romeo Brera suggested by Joey D :.

brera.jpg

Specs:

Country of origin Italy
Body design Italdesign/Giugiaro
Configuration 60º V 6
Location Front, transversely mounted
Displacement 3.195 liter / 195 cu in
Bore / Stroke 85.6 mm (3.4 in) / 89.0 mm (3.5 in)
Compression 11.3:1
Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed MED 7.6.2 Direct Fuel Injection
Aspiration Naturally Aspirated
Chassis/body unitary steel
Front suspension double wishbones, anti-roll bar
Rear suspension multi-link
Steering rack-and-pinion, power assisted
Brakes ventilated discs, all-round, ABS
Gearbox 6 speed Manual
Drive All wheel drive
Power 260 bhp / 194 KW @ 6200 rpm
Torque 322 Nm / 237 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm
BHP/Liter 81 bhp / liter
Power to weight 0.16 bhp / kg
Top Speed 240 km/h / 149 mph
0-60 mph 6.6 s​

Sub-zero. It's slow, it's unreliable, and it never got sold in America. But I think it is possibly the best looking "average" car out there today and the type of person that bought this cares more about what the car looks like then how it actually performs, which is cool to me. Not to mention it's an Italian car that isn't a Ferrari.

Now I'm not one of these people who idolise Top Gear and think all Alfa's are the best thing since sliced bread. Pretty much all 80's and 90's Alfa's I think are ugly and I honestly wouldn't know if it has soul or passion as I've never driven one.

I could never understand why the Top Gear boys worked themselves into such a frenzy over how the Brera looks. The back end of it is awful really and the front, although great, is no better than the 159 saloon. It doesn't have any more presence than any other saloon-based coupe on the market either. Uncool.

Seeing as how Alfas usually appall me in terms of styling (look at the GTV, blech!) this is actually a decent looking car. In my opinion, most Alfas aren't cool.

This one however, is. Sure it's unreliable, but hey, I'm never gonna buy one.

COOL

Seriously uncool. The concept's awesomeness was lost in translation.

Maserati V8: gone. Weight: still there.
RWD possibility: newp
Proportions: screwed up

Last edited:
Cool. I owned an alfa for a couple of months. I loved it even if it was the cheap girly unreliable 147. I loved every minute it, and the engine notes in alfas are so intoxicating. The Brera in my opinion is gorgeous and if I see one go past I'd instantly be destracted by it since it's alot rarer than it's competitors (cause it's more expensive and worse) but this isn't a value/good wall this is a cool wall, and the brera is cool imo

I think those specs are wrong, after doing a search I found that the 0-60 on a lot of Brera's is high 7's, low 8's. That's not that fast.

Neh, neh, neh, it's slow.....

Who cares ?

And what possible eye disease would make a person think that the back-end of it is anything but beautiful ?

It's an alfa. It's not about the certain characteristics of the car, it's about the package.

sub-zero.

Don't think it deserves sub zero, but its certainly a cool car, as are almost all Alfa Romeo's...just for being Alfa's. I once asked my parents if they'd considered one when they were looking at new cars - they had not and didn't like them, so in my experience they are cool.

I think those specs are wrong, after doing a search I found that the 0-60 on a lot of Brera's is high 7's, low 8's. That's not that fast.

You've got the figures for the 3.2 Q4. Which are probably lower even than what you've put. Not all Breras have the 3.2 or the 4WD.

On Top Gear,James May said that it was 8.9 secs I think.

I love this car,
despite the sluggish performance (relative to its peers), the fact that it drives the wrong wheels (either being FWD or 4WD, both of which I cant stand), the looks and Alphaness just win me over.

Voted Sub Zero by a whisker

Is the photo in the first post computer generated? Something looks rather off about it...

The car looks nice, but even it's exterior appearance can't hide the fact that it's more of the same heavyweight FWD... the 3.2 Q4 could make up for the lack of coolness, but most models sold are the "average" 4-in-line 2-something litre FWD. Uncool

Took me about a second to decide. Sub-zero.

Gorgeus in every way, interior and exterior, engines sound great as well. And its an Alfa. Not very reliable, not very practical, and definitely not very common. One of those cars you just stop to look at. 👍

I like it, I think it looks great, and Alfas are awesome. I give it Cool. Maybe even Sub-Zero if they were sold here and we were actually exposed to the things a bit more.

Slow, and heavy. Instant extremely uncool. But, it's pretty good looking, and I bet the interior's a nice place to be. Unfortunately, that doesn't do much to help it, and it get a vote of uncool from me.

By the way, why do people call this a coupe? Unless there's a good reason for it, I'm going to call it and the Scirocco hatchbacks.

I don't know much about, or care for Alfa's really, but it does look cool, especially for a hatch. So I guess it's cool, so long as we are talking about the AWD 6 version.

Uncool. The Spider is even more beautiful, even less reliable and even worse to drive, which would give that a Sub-Zero, but this is sort of...meh. It's mainly the hatchback styling. With the impeccable rear and the beautiful front, the hatchback roofline ruins it.

Shot from above like that, it doesn't look as simultaneously slab-sided and fat as it does in real life. The Alfa styling cues look silly (like they did on the 166) in a car of this size. It's WAY bigger than it really should be. And most of the ones you see rattling around are diesels.

Romantic sonorous lithe coupes these are not. They're operating in a different time zone to the point.

Uncool.

Uncool. Don't like the looks, and the performance isn't that great. There are a lot of cooler Alfas out there.

Cool. It's an Alfa Romeo.

Okay, not just that. It's distinctive (if not especially pretty compared to the concept... or indeed Alfa's own GT), and it's a break away from the dull mainstream of BMW 3-series coupes.

And, it's an Alfa. And I've never yet heard the expression ":censored:ing Alfa drivers!" uttered, which is cool.

Fails to be Sub-Z because it's not pretty enough and it talks the talk more than it walks the walk.

Uncool. I don't like it. 👎

Liking something doesn't equate to coolness. I like reading books, but I wouldn't say that it's a cool hobby. I also like the Smart car, and again...

By the way, why do people call this a coupe? Unless there's a good reason for it, I'm going to call it and the Scirocco hatchbacks.

You can chuck the Toyota Celica, Ford Puma, Honda Integra, Porsche Cayman, Mazda MX-3, Volkswagen Corrado, Audi TT, Honda CR-X etc on that pile too then.

Alternatively, you can accept that they're all coupes even if they don't meet the literal definition of the word. The term is fairly loose now anyway...

Club coupé - a coupé with a larger rear seat, which would today be called a two-door sedan.

Business coupé - a coupé with no rear seat or a removable rear seat intended for traveling salespeople and other vendors who would be carrying their wares with them.

Opéra coupé - a coupé de-ville with a high roofed passenger compartment such that the owners could be driven to the opera without the need to remove their large hats. These often had 'occasional' rear facing seats that folded downward for use by children or extra passengers. These cars most closely approximated a motorised version of the original horse-drawn coupé. Often, they would have solid rear-quarter panels, with small, circular windows, to enable the occupants to see out without being seen. These 'opera windows' made a brief re-appearance on US automobiles in the 1970s.

Sports coupé or berlinetta - a body with a sloping roof, sometimes sloping downward gradually in the rear in the manner known as fastback.

Four-door coupé - a sedan with classic coupé-like proportions. The designation was first applied to a low-roof model of the Rover P5 from 1962 until 1973, but was revived as recently as 2004 by the Mercedes-Benz CLS.

Quad coupé - Quad coupé is a marketing name for cars with one or two small rear doors with no B pillar.

Combi coupé - Combi coupé is a marketing term used by Saab for a car body similar to the liftback.

Source

Back