GTP Cool Wall: 2008+ Škoda Superb. Voting Open!

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 53 comments

Å koda Superb

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2008+ Škoda Superb suggested by C-ZETA :.

skoda-superb-2008-first-official-photos.jpg

Specs:
- 2.0L DOHC 16-valve/cyl L4
- Power: 170 bhp (125 kW) @ 4200 rpm
- Torque: 258 lb ft (350 Nm) @ 1750 rpm
- 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h): 8.8 s
- Top speed: 137 mph (220 km/h)
- CO2: 153 g/km
- MPG: 47.1 mpg
- Price: £20,265 ($33,330)
- Other engines available: 1.4 TSI, 1.9 TDI, 1.8 TSI, 3.6 V6 (4x4 only)​

Last edited:
It's a nothing.... shouldn't even qualify for awesomeness. It's a rebadged Passat with nothing going for it, except being a rebadged Passat.

It's about as cool as a Mercury Tracer or a Pontiac Sunfire.

Hence, Seriously Uncool.

It's a nothing.... shouldn't even qualify for awesomeness. It's a rebadged Passat with nothing going for it, except being a rebadged Passat.

It's about as cool as a Mercury Tracer or a Pontiac Sunfire.

Hence, Seriously Uncool.

^ This. I need not really make any other statement than was Diego said.

^ This.

The only thing saving it from SU is the comical name :lol:

Its a skoda, even worse than that its a big skoda. The only people who buy this car are mini cab drivers.
Yes I know that Skoda's arnt the joke that they used to be, but even so the reputation is still there, added to this its just a rebranded VW for people too cheap to pay for the VW badge, this makes it even more uncool

Seriously Seriously uncool

I think it's time for the people who have voted for Cool to explain themselves. Pronto!

4 door family saloons can serve a purpose and even be quite decent to drive... but they just can't be cool.

People who think VAG can do no wrong?

Anyway, yeah. This is so bland that if it were a drink...it would be blander than water. It's a car you buy because the Skoda dealer is two miles closer than the VW dealer, and these guys cut you a good deal.

Warning: the same reasoning applies to Pontiac G5 or G3.

It's not seriously uncool, but the rules of overly-boastful names apply. The Mitsubishi Carisma doesn't have any and the Superb isn't.

Is that the Phaeton effect speaking, saving it from being seriously uncool?

-

Nice, unoffensively handsome car. Probably drives well, goes well and costs less than an equivalent VW.

Seriously uncool. Can't bring myself to have any feelings for it.

A Skoda Octavia vRS, on the other hand... would probably be even uncooler, and possibly Chavvy... if I understand the term right, but I'd gladly vote it subzero.

- Power: 170 bhp (125 kW) @ 4200 rpm
- Torque: 258 lb ft (350 Nm) @ 1750 rpm
- MPG: 47.1 mpg

Is this a diesel? Not bad numbers, the car itself doesn't look bad at all, but completely uninspiring. Plus, it's a Skoda, which I never hear about them.. Voting Uncool.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Maybe it does to him.

It shouldn't.

Whatever, I'm pretty close to disbanding the cool wall any way since I think it is nothing more then a joke now. Either that or I'm just going to rename it the "styling wall".

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Out of my 22 rules, 1 pro and 3 cons apply. 1 out of 4 = 25% = Seriously Uncool.

Last edited:
Something you would never notice in a parking lot, or driving around town. Just boring. I like TDI engines and AWD, but I'd never aspire to drive or own this car regardless of that.

Can it burst into flames like all VW's now? Please?

Though honestly, the styling is better than a Passat's. Yes I just said that.

But it is a VW, rebadged, made cheaper...

Srsly Unkool.

It shouldn't.
Translation: My views on what makes a car cool should apply to everyone else voting even if they have different criteria.

To be frank, what you think makes a car cool is irrelevant to what he thinks makes a car cool. That's why this is a poll and not merely a picture of the Top Gear Cool Wall.

Last edited:
Sub Zero.I like the styling,and it can be a wagon with out looking like one.

Translation: My views on what makes a car cool should apply to everyone else voting even if they have different criteria.

To be frank, what you think makes a car cool is irrelevant to what he thinks makes a car cool.

Wrong. And I wish people would quit trying to say that I'm pushing my views of a coolness level on people. I'm pointing out judging a car solely based on the styling is ridiculous.

Like I said, the cool wall is a joke since so many people don't bother to put any thought into it.

Whatever, I'm done with it and I'm sick of this. The cool wall is closed, or at least my running of it is closed.

Cool,

In the world of rep-mobiles, there are only two reps I have to see that don't irratate me, one drives a Mazda 6, the other drives a Skoda Superb. The others drive A4's, 5 series', Passats, Leons, Volvo S-somethings.. etc.

In the land of rep-mobiles, the one that isn't driven by a cock is king!

And I wish people would quit trying to say that I'm pushing my views of a coolness level on people.
It would help if you had actually not been doing just that.

I'm pointing out judging a car solely based on the styling is ridiculous.
So you are saying that an intangible and completely meaningless subjective opinion on an intangible and completely meaningless subjective topic is only valid if you approve of it. See Part 1.

Like I said, the cool wall is a joke since so many people don't bother to put any thought into it.
Because whether a car is cool or not is Serious Business.

Whatever, I'm done with it and I'm sick of this. The cool wall is closed, or at least my running of it is closed.
Again, Serious Business.

Last edited:
Superb? Calling a car you create something that sounds like you're trying to tell people its something when its not. Its like your bestfriend making up his own nickname and calling himself "the Duke".

Seriously Uncool.

Wrong. And I wish people would quit trying to say that I'm pushing my views of a coolness level on people. I'm pointing out judging a car solely based on the styling is ridiculous.

Sorry to hear that Joey, but lets be objective about this - given that many of us haven't driven 95% of the cars nominated, some haven't actually been seen or heard in the flesh by many of us, many will have not even sat in the vast majority of the cars listed..

.. so if we can't judge a car on Quality, Performance, Styling, Price, Brand etc. and we can't actually judge by personal experience...

... how are we to judge them?

-- genuine question, I'm not having a whinge at you because I appreciate that it's you that puts most of the effort into this.

Toronado, think whatever you want. I've just grown tired of attempting to do something and having it basically ruined. If people aren't going to judge the coolness of the car I'm not going to bother wasting my time any more. Someone else can do it.

.. so if we can't judge a car on Quality, Performance, Styling, Price, Brand etc. and we can't actually judge by personal experience...

... how are we to judge them?

-- genuine question, I'm not having a whinge at you because I appreciate that it's you that puts most of the effort into this.

Judge it on all of it and even then some, coolness should be a reflection of everything not just how the car looks. You can be subjective with all of it though. You might not like the way the car looks but it might come from a brand you think is cool. The car might come from a cool brand but be driven by 🤬, thus making it uncool. There is so much to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back