Will you transfer your GT5 Prologue or GT PSP Data to GT5?

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 319 comments

Will you transfer your GT5 Prologur or GT PSP data to GT5?

• Yes both

Votes: 148 20.2%
  • Just GT5 Prologue data

Votes: 182 24.9%
  • Just GT PSP data

Votes: 31 4.2%
  • Niether

Votes: 264 36.1%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 107 14.6%

• Total voters
United States
United States
GTP_Sam48
I'm assuming most won't. I could be wrong, but personally, I wouldn't like playing GT5 for the first time with.. say a GT by citroen. It defeats the purpose of the game and I'm some what against it. So what's your opinion on it???

Most probably won't, however, I want to test out the new tuning options to their fullest and in the process I'm sure I will make mistakes and waste money hence, I want a lot of it to start with.

I waited 5 years for GT5, I will not ruin the experience by adding cars and money from GTPSP and GT5 Prologue..

Last edited:
Hum... I won't do it. the funny thing in either prologue or psp was to start from scratch... i dont want to start GT5 with bugattis, vipers, GTR's, etc...

but there are events with different requirements (like horsepower, manufacturer like in Prologue), so i think it shouldn't ruin the experience of the GT5

I really don't know if I'll transfer my GT5:P stuff over. Maybe I will to a random account, but for the account I use the most, I will definitely start GT5 from ground up!

GT5P i would, but i doubt it's possible.
GT:PSP is too many cars, it would make GT mode quite boring. I like collecting all the nice race cars.

But I do think that events will be quite strict with requirements.
There is a reason they introduced PPs in Prologue, they are gonna use that system to prevent you from overkilling every event.

Together with the restrictions on what cars you're gonna be able to use (e.g. FF only, this will work out quite good
(Thats what i hope for at least)

Depends on the options they give us. If I can choose to transfer a couple cars or so, then I'll probably do a couple that I drive a lot in GT5P (such as the F2007 and Corvette C6 Tuned), but I'll probably do the license tests or their equivalents from scratch.

And I disagree with a lot of you guys that say it will "ruin" the experience. There aren't any rules stating how we can play our GT5, and if Polyphony Digital thought it would "ruin" the game, they wouldn't include it.

I'm hoping to bring the entire garage and all 2,000,000 credits. That way I can go right to online and enjoy GT5. If this is the case, I should have enough to get quite a number of road cars, and I can just use the F2007 to get money for race cars (unless online is a basically free money again).

I waited 5 years for GT5, I will not ruing the experience by adding cars and money from GTPSP and GT5 Prologue..

Then why did you buy GT5 Prologue?

I would transfer everything from GT5 Prologue. Otherwise I would have wasted my time. But, if it wasn't possible, then I would understand.

Wasted time? With that logic your always wasting your time playing anything, whats the point in playing GT5 and GT6 if you cant transfer all the years worth of cars over to GT15 on the PS7?

A maximum of 50,000 credits should be allowed in the transfer (if it exists). That'll get you a C5 Corvette on day 1. That can do some damage.

Why would I buy a game and then defeat the entire point of buying it in the first place by unlocking "x" amount of stuff with no effort?

I will transfer my GTPSP data AFTER I've finished gt5.
AFTER you have finished GT5, there will be no reason to transfer anything because the game will be at 100% :rolleyes:

And I disagree with a lot of you guys that say it will "ruin" the experience. There aren't any rules stating how we can play our GT5, and if Polyphony Digital thought it would "ruin" the game, they wouldn't include it.

Sure there are rules, you set them yourself. :) If someone says it'll ruin the game, that applies to that individual and there's not really anything to disagree with.

Me personally, not a hair on my head would consider transferring anything. I love the flow of a GT game. Taking my time to do very well in the license tests and getting a feel for the game, racing hours upon hours in the first Event Hall, repeating events countless times before moving on, trying to utilize as many of the slow and less appealing cars in the early stages, I just love it. I wouldn't want to miss anything by taking several steps in one stride.

A GT game really shines in the early stages I think. You have to be careful with credits, which you'll have in abundance later in the game. Setting your sights on that one car and steadily saving up for it. And then when you finally get it you've blown all your credits, so you have no choice but to grind some more events to save up money again. GT stuff at its best.

I can't wait to start a fresh experience and get right in the thick of things. :D

I could transfer both but that would be the last thing I do.

AFTER you have finished GT5, there will be no reason to transfer anything because the game will be at 100% :rolleyes:

100% completion is going to involve finishing all the races/licences etc. Not collecting all the cars. So after I have completed the game I can transfer all my garage and then have access to my "SP model" cars and all the other cars from GTPSP that I have collected. Will make collecting all cars in GT5 a little easier as GTPSP has shared the burden of it. On top of that I can then have access to even more cars to use online or just play around with.

I think thats options dont be terminate, i want to transfer SOME MONEY to tune up decently my used Civic Sir `93-94 (buy it in GT5, i dont own a PSP)to start a carrer, plus some rims, stock body, preferably black base paint, turbo aand... nothing more. Obviusly first made the licenses.

Sorry my english.

Last edited:
I'll be transferring everything to the account I intend to use for online. I want that up and running ASAP. I will have a separate account for playing offline, on which I plan to start from scratch and experience the full game. I'm looking forward to buying my first GT5 car.

Sure there are rules, you set them yourself. :) If someone says it'll ruin the game, that applies to that individual and there's not really anything to disagree with.

Yeah, I know, but I'm just speaking about those that ridicule us who might transfer stuff.

And I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum. I've loved and played GT to death, but there are some things I just don't have time for today, and those early events are some of them. Unless there's a much wider variety of classes on the lower end, they all end up feeling the same to me. It's not until I get into the mid range sportscars and higher end racecars that I really enjoy each and every race when it comes to those.

Yeah, I know, but I'm just speaking about those that ridicule us who might transfer stuff.

And I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum. I've loved and played GT to death, but there are some things I just don't have time for today, and those early events are some of them. Unless there's a much wider variety of classes on the lower end, they all end up feeling the same to me. It's not until I get into the mid range sportscars and higher end racecars that I really enjoy each and every race when it comes to those.

That is what is so awesome about the GT series, there is something there for everyone, from the first timers to the seasoned vets.

I myself love the license tests and building my first car one add-on at a time, once I get to the opened wheel F-1 cars I usually clear all save data and start again from scratch as I am not good enough to drive them. All I am saying is that GT is a game for everybody.

If credits can be transferred from Prologue, I'm going to do it in order to buy used cars available from the start. I've always focused on one car for as far as I could take it, and only modified it when it was necessary to be competitive. But used cars are only there for a limited time, at least they were in the past, and I know I'm going to see some beauties I'll want to snap up. I don't want to wait half a game year to see some of them again, and it won't hurt anyone's feelings if I have a car in my garage I'm saving for later races. At least it shouldn't. If it does, oh well. ;)

Back