Layout - FR layout
Transmission - 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic
Power - 300 bhp @ 5750 rpm
Torque - 320 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
Curb weight - 3483 lbs
Zero to 60 mph - 5.1 sec
Standing 1/4-mile - 13.8 sec @ 103 mph
Price - $25,140

As much as I like the way Ford designed it, the fact everyone and their mother has one kind of ruins it for me. Whenever I see one on the road(which is quite frequently) it barely gets a glance from me.

-Uncool.

The 2010 makes it uncool, simply because it's exponentially improved over this version.

As well, the interior and exterior of this car just don't jive together. I always thought the Mustang looked more expensive inside than outside in this version.

Cool.

I like that shape Mustang, and it's got a V8. Which is nice.

Cool. A modern update that looks good while managing to stay just on the right side of the fine line between "homage" and "overtly retro".

Good value, a variety of trim levels, and decent driving dynamics despite having (OH THE SHAME THE SHAME) a solid rear axle driven by a pushrod 'Merican V8.

Cool. Not seriously cool, but not uncool, either.

Last edited:
Isn't it OHV? I don't really follow Ford that much. If it's OHC I withdraw the comment.

Last edited:
I think the 2010 Shelby Mustang w/ Borla exhuast at 720hp is really cool.

shelby2010.jpg

That is ugly(looks like it's straight out of a Burnout game).:yuck:

It's also not the car we are voting on.

It is a cool car. It's finally a step away from the last chassis Ford used forever. As far as designs go, it's the first retro car that really took off, now look where that's gone! The Thunderbird and Prowler never sold anything like this car. Did everyone run out to buy one? Yeah, since when didn't everyone run out and buy a Mustang? This was a step in the right direction for Ford, they seem to have continued down the path of building cool cars as well.

It's fat and painfully uncomfortable. The backseat feels like a coffin.

Plus there's a new model out. Uncool.

Out of my 22 rules, 9 apply. 8 pros and 1 con, 8 out of 9 = 88.8% = Sub Zero 👍.

One of the only Ford cars that is cool, and one of the only really powerful (250+HP) cars that you can buy new for under $30k,

Ford underwear, and everyone seems to have a pair. Too many women drive these things which scares me as its too much power for most to handle IMO, added with the rear wheel drive layout and I'm surprised there isn't more accidents each year. Not much can be said about the male drivers either as its a very popular car for the "mid life crisis" gentlemen.

Power is there, but handling is missing to make it a great contender on the track (unless its a straight line) and the interior styling never tickled me right.

Uncool.

I've let my mother and ex-wife drive my shelby and she did fine but there are some women (and men) who (not being sexist here just honest) have no business behind the wheel of a car regardless of the amount of horsepower.

And an awful lot of morons are able to get ahold of these second hand, just like they were when the Camaro was still on sale.

And an awful lot of morons are able to get ahold of these second hand, just like they were when the Camaro was still on sale.

LSX
Still not as scary as the morons picking up second hand C5 Z06 @ -/+ 17-20,000. :lol:

:lol:

There's alot of cars that get bad reputations because of morons who buy them. I hope no one holds it against the Mustang more than any other car.

Sub-Zero. There is a very good reason for this, and that is that in Australia this generation 'Stang is incredibly rare, and I love it for that reason. Although it may kinda be like a classic Lambo in that they're awesome to look at but are actually rubbish to drive. But do I care? Not particularly.

uncool. heavy, and with only 5-speed tranny it was no rocket..and now, even huyndais are matching the performance it has.

Cool. Its a V8 RWD sport coupe. Oh and the fact that it wears a Mustang badge almost ticks subzero--but that is reserved for the Roush. :D

Leon you are smoking some weed right now aren't you? Its not heavy, its not slow and Hyundai's are not most certainly matching performance with the GT. The V6 stang yes but not GT.

Back