Transmission - 5-speed manual
Power - 212 bhp @ 6750 rpm
Torque - 210 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
Curb weight - 2827 lb
Zero to 60 mph - 6.8 sec
Standing 1/4-mile - ?
Price - The 1986 dollar equivalent of £40,000​

Last edited:
Boring looks and overpriced at $57,000. Those two things the V8 and drive train can't make up for.

Uncool

Interesting car, this. From what I've read, Lancia actually did a lot to this car instead of just shoving a 308 GTS motor into it and calling it a day. They even converted the engine from flat-plane to cross-plane so it would be more suitable for a sedan. That being said, it was also sold alongside a similar model that was powered by the Delta Intergrale turbo engine (in addition to the Delta Intergrale itself); so they probably should have gone with the 328 engine instead, or gone completely crazy and stuck a 348 engine in there when that car came out. As it were, while I've read that Lancia also did a lot of stuff to the interior to match, I can't help but wonder who thought it would be a good idea to put the similar-power-but-slightly-faster Intergrale motor in a lesser model.
Still, I'm gonna give it a cool.

Last edited:
Ugly as all hell, but those specs are nice. This car is so borderline, I'd normally not vote, but it has a V-8.

Cool. Barely.

Despite what Top Gear tells you, Lancia's WILL fall apart, this is an overpriced and underperforming car. What you're buying here is the badge

Uncool

Other variants had the more reliable and just as potent Delta Integrale drivetrain. It also looks like a late '80s Pontiac Grand Am.

Uncool.

OP doesn't mention that the engine is made by Ferrari, and is the same one from the 308, which is why I'm so attracted to it. Also if I recall correctly, it was the first car to feature an electric rising spoiler.

Due to the price, less than 10 8.32's were offically sold in the UK.

Interesting car, this. From what I've read, Lancia actually did a lot to this car instead of just shoving a 308 GTS motor into it and calling it a day. They even converted the engine from flat-plane to cross-plane so it would be more suitable for a sedan.

I didn't know this before, interesting.

Here in Italy it's nicknamed Thema Ferrari, we know at these days it would not be a special car but in the '86 when it came out was the most powerful FWD car in the world, about why it's overpriced maybe is because only approximately 5000 pieces were producted. I give it a Cool.

As Justin said, boring looks in my opinion. But I have never seen one, so I would pay attention to it if I saw it on the road. Uncool.

It's just too ugly. Just a big boring box. Not a cool interesting box like the Delta or the Benzes of the day.

I'm going to fence-sit. It's probably the ultimate sleeper, but at the same time, it's such a bland design that unless you knew what was under the bonnet you wouldn't give it a second glance.

Boring box? And people have such a fascination with Volvos? I call shenanigans.

It's a Lancia. I love Lancias.

But what's up with the foglights? Are they supposed to be asymmetrical?

Hideous, underpowered for the reputation of the engine, overpriced, and overshadowed by the Delta Intergrale.

UNCOOL

It's just too ugly. Just a big boring box. Not a cool interesting box like the Delta or the Benzes of the day.

Boring looks and overpriced at $57,000. Those two things the V8 and drive train can't make up for.

Uncool

Hideous, underpowered for the reputation of the engine, overpriced, and overshadowed by the Delta Intergrale.

UNCOOL

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I'm still waiting for the first person to come here and say "Oh, it's a sleeper car, it's cool". Sleeper cars aren't, and never will be cool. And this one is the biggest example. It even fails as a sleeper "Yeah, it looks ugly, but it has a Ferrari engine under it's bonnet!!! HAHA! But the amount of power is comparable to the one in a Focus ST...and the price is three times the one in the Focus...".

Out of my 22 rules, 5 apply. 3 being pros, and 2 cons. 3 out of 5 = 60% = Uncool 👎.

HAHA! But the amount of power is comparable to the one in a Focus ST...and the price is three times the one in the Focus...".

The difference being the Lancia is 15 years older when power was 'more expensive'

GM
The difference being the Lancia is 15 years older when power was 'more expensive'
1986 was also the year the Sierra RS Cosworth came out. Which was ironically about 1/3rd as much as this car.

Though the Focus example still doesn't work.

GM

Though the Focus example still doesn't work.

Granted, it wasn't a genius example :dunce:. However I tried to explain that nowadays it doesn't count that much as a "sleeper car", which was the only reason that might render it s tad cool.

I was going to say cool for sleeper attributes until I noticed - a Ferrari V8 should NEVER be strapped to the front wheels.

Uncool.

Seriously uncool.

1. FWD
2. Sedan
3. Ugly/hideous
4. Lancia
5. underpowered V8
6. Overpriced for what it is.

Latest Posts

Back