Do You Have the Black Mask Nissan GT-R

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 17 comments
United States
United States
GTP_Sam48
It's a car that has eluted most GT5P gamers, but own day, I encountered the black mask GT-R while playing an online race. I sent the player a message asking where he got it, and he simply responded, "It came with the game". I won all events, including manufacture events, and I still couldn't get it. So who has it??? And how did they get it???

I not sure if there's a thread like this already.

It's in the game yes, but not as a playable car, I don't know what you saw but if it was the blackmask in a online race then either it was a glitch (showing the black mask rather than the usual GTR) or he has got it by other means (playing with data, who knows)

Oh and yes I do have a Drivable black mask, in the GT5:P demo :)

No it's the GT-R that you can see in one of the S Missions, in front of everybody. It has a cover on it's front end.

On Wikipedia:
The Japanese release in December 2007 featured 37 stock cars (plus the uncredited GT-R "Black Mask" returning from the free playable demo) .

Both of the GTRs in this image are black mask:
800px-Nissan_GT-R_test_mules_on_truck.jpg

A free demo (グランツーリスモ5 プロローグ 無料体験版) was made available for download between October 20, 2007 and November 30, 2007
The Tokio Motor show also unveiled the release of the Nissan GT-R '07 (replacing the "GT-R Black Mask" with its defining panels concealed). The Black Mask was removed from the car section on October 23 to coincide with its official unveiling at the Tokyo Motor Show and the GT-R was subsequently made available the following day.

So it seem the car was available in the demo, but when you update it goes away. :boggled:

Not certain I will make 5 consecutive golds on all S events, do you do 5 times for each event or 5 times all events in order?:D

P.S.: The Black Mask seems to be a GTR with protection to not show the specifics of a car.

On top of that, you have to wear a black mask yourself while driving
Make sure you have a PS3 eye hooked up ... along with a webcam to feed directly to YouTube.
This will unlock the car.

But could someone PLEASE confirm that ?

If you have Japanese PSN account GT5P demo downloaded before,
remove demo and re-download from list on Account Management,

51630214_org.v1286029099.jpg

thereby you can drive GT-R Black Mask again.

51630251_org.v1286029108.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. But I'm guessing there's no actual way of getting this GT-R on all other versions of GT5P?

As for seeing and racing it online...does the Japanese demo have online play?

What's the point besides the fact that the mask hides the ugliness of the car! hahaha!

Bad joke skills....

anyway...

I'm guessing that guy was lucky and when he updated to spec III he got the new GT-R and kept the one with the mask...that«s my only explanation.
Of course, the game only sees that as a paint scheme, nothing else.
So it's possible that there is a way of getting it even now.
I don't trust the "scoring gold in all the s-class races five times in each race." I've done the races plenty of times (not sure if I made them all 5 times gold though), there isn't such thing.

lol time for a bump

http://tinyurl.com/297j6tb

1. Once the game started, go to the Options menu;
2. Scroll to the category "Steering Wheels" but do not confirm;
3. While holding down R1 and L1, then do the following: Down, Right, Right, Down, Right, Right, Down, Right, Right, Down, Right, Right, Down, Right, Right;
4. And finally, press Start.

Basically it allows you to have every car in the game in your garage (including the Black Mask). It also unlocks 3 tracks. You can't actually use those tracks but I will let you find out what tracks they are.

Haha. I just raced the GT-R Black Mask online before reading this thread. I wish I knew about the menu before though. I've got the full GT5 to play now.

Someone tell us where the menu for the full games is.. I'd use Kiosk mode for when friends come over so they can pick whatever car and track they want.

Back