Length: 4689 mm / 184.6 in
Width: 1875 mm / 73.8 in
Height: 1389 mm / 54.7 in
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
Gear ratios: 2.78:1, 1.93:1, 1.36:1, 1.00:1
Final drive: 3.50:1
Top speed: 228.5 kph / 142.0 mph
0 - 60 mph: 6.4 seconds​

Subzero, looks like it can run up on you and punch you in the mouth before you even noticed. Sounds mean, looks mean and is probably pretty rare these days. Can I get one in Yellow, Orange or Black? :D

Seriously uncool. Alphabet soup name.

:odd: What, GT-HO? Or rather GT High-output? (XY is simply the platform code)

I wouldn't qualify that as an 'alphabet soup name'. Maybe something like the Ford EXP LX or Cadillac CTS-V, but not this.

Or are you just referring to the 4 parts of the name?
Ford: make
Falcon: model
GT-HO: trim level
Phase III: sub-trim, indicating better than plain GT-HO.

:D

Seriously uncool. Alphabet soup name.

60's car. All of them had tons of acronyms to denote performance

Besides, if someone asks you what it is, you can just say "Ford Falcon" unlike today's cars....

"318ci" "MR2" "GT-R" "CTS-V" "ZR1" "F430" "XKR" You sound like an idiot reciting that...

Aggressive looks, powerful engine, classic american muscle, but not quite the pedigree of the other muscle cars. I know some people like having a "unheard of" classic, but not me.

Cool.

cool, 79%. I find this ride rather amusing actually. To the fact that I just noticed it for the first time.

Pretty cool...Never been much of one for '60s Fords, but this has that Australian Exotica factor. and it has a Cleveland. Cleveland Rocks.

Aggressive looks, powerful engine,classic american muscle, but not quite the pedigree of the other muscle cars. I know some people like having a "unheard of" classic, but not me.

Cool.

It's not an American car.It's brought to you from the people of the land down under - Australia :sly:. That alone sends it into the ranks of COOL,and a 351 Cleveland to boot,yeah.

:odd: What, GT-HO? Or rather GT High-output? (XY is simply the platform code)

I wouldn't qualify that as an 'alphabet soup name'. Maybe something like the Ford EXP LX or Cadillac CTS-V, but not this.

Or are you just referring to the 4 parts of the name?
Ford: make
Falcon: model
GT-HO: trim level
Phase III: sub-trim, indicating better than plain GT-HO.

:D

Actually it's technically just Ford Falcon GT-HO. The Phase III just meant it was just the third generation of GT-HO, if you include the XY the Phase III is next to meaningless.

It shares the R32 GT-R's nitrogen-dipped fridge. And not just for the 351 Cleveland either. Unless I'm mistaken it's still currently Australia's most valuable car ever built, it has a great racing history, and it looks absolutely fantastic.

American muscle...Australian muscle...oddly enough almost the same thing! :lol:

Actually it's technically just Ford Falcon GT-HO. The Phase III just meant it was just the third generation of GT-HO, if you include the XY the Phase III is next to meaningless.

Good to know! Makes the alphabet soup line even less meaningful. :P

It's Australian, which makes the car so unbelievable uncool that the car should burst into flames. It's also a classic muscle car which is extremely uncool too. It's got a lame name as well. This car gets a seriously uncool.

It's Australian, which makes the car so unbelievable uncool that the car should burst into flames. It's also a classic muscle car which is extremely uncool too. It's got a lame name as well. This car gets a seriously uncool.

Oh, I'm sure that's going to go over EXTREMELY well with the Australian sector of the Forum. You basically said they've built nothing but horrible cars...

Oh, I'm sure that's going to go over EXTREMELY well with the Australian sector of the Forum.

And that's what makes it so uncool. It seems like any time anyone says something negative about Australian cars many Australian members go nuts. That sort of hostility about a car or a car's origin is extremely uncool.

It could be the best car in the world but if it comes from the land down under it's not going to be cool.

60's car. All of them had tons of acronyms to denote performance

Besides, if someone asks you what it is, you can just say "Ford Falcon" unlike today's cars....

"318ci" "MR2" "GT-R" "CTS-V" "ZR1" "F430" "XKR" You sound like an idiot reciting that...
Except that's all you say. Toyota MR2. Ferrari F430.

This is just, "Ford Falcon GT-HO Phase III" or whatever. It's up there with the Murcie. SV for excessively long names, which seems to be something Australian manufacturers are good at.

And that's what makes it so uncool. It seems like any time anyone says something negative about Australian cars many Australian members go nuts. That sort of hostility about a car or a car's origin is extremely uncool.

It could be the best car in the world but if it comes from the land down under it's not going to be cool.

Get real.please.

Anyone will do that... I'll gladly correct if someone says "All American cars are ****" by responding with "No, most American cars are ****."

But rather than that, you've said all Australian cars are uncool because Australians say they're not uncool.

Anyone will do that... I'll gladly correct if someone says "All American cars are ****" by responding with "No, most American cars are ****."

But rather than that, you've said all Australian cars are uncool because Australians say they're not uncool.

I didn't say they were bad cars, I said they were uncool cars. There is a huge difference. A GT-R is a good car, but it isn't cool.

All Australian cars are uncool, however not all Australian cars aren't poorly built junkers.

Understand?

I didn't say they were bad cars, I said they were uncool cars. There is a huge difference. A GT-R is a good car, but it isn't cool.

All Australian cars are uncool, however not all Australian cars aren't poorly built junkers.

Understand?

That's fine, it's just the reasoning you used in that post. You said all Australian cars were uncool because the Australians defend their cars. I'll be glad to take things like "because they're driven by Aussie rednecks" or something, but not that it's because they say that they are cool. Anyone will defend the cars made in their country.

That's fine, it's just the reasoning you used in that post. You said all Australian cars were uncool because the Australians defend their cars. I'll be glad to take things like "because they're driven by Aussie rednecks" or something, but not that it's because they say that they are cool. Anyone will defend the cars made in their country.

Since I've never been to Australia I have no idea how they drive. The only thing I have to go on is how they defend their cars on the internet and they are some of the most intense fans out there. That isn't cool in my opinion.

And no, not everyone will defend cars from their country. If you tell me American cars are crap, I'll probably end up agreeing with you although we might not agree on the reason.

:odd: What, GT-HO? Or rather GT High-output?
The HO in GT-HO actually stood for Handling Option ;)

I'm a bit torn. It's a big rear-drive saloon with an equally large engine up the front, but it's old - and old cars are very rarely cool in my books...

Regarding who drives cars like the XY GT-HO Phase III - collectors. Pimply 17-yo gingers don't drive GT-HOs, 45yo collectors and "street machiners" do; the same sort of people that drive - for example - C3 and C4 Corvettes.

It's Australian, which makes the car so unbelievable uncool that the car should burst into flames.

:lol: Seriously? I can't even begin to retort because of the absurdity. Lets just say there are more people who disagree with you than agree with you.

It's also a classic muscle car which is extremely uncool too. It's got a lame name as well. This car gets a seriously uncool.

Says only you. There are 10's millions of people around the world who will disagree with you. If classic muscle cars are so uncool then why do so many people lust over them? I think your hatred of larger displacement and larger number of cylinders over 4 engines has completely made you bonkers. :D Just saying.

Oh, I'm sure that's going to go over EXTREMELY well with the Australian sector of the Forum. You basically said they've built nothing but horrible cars...

I just hope that wasn't the message he was meaning to say because they most certainly don't make horrible cars. And this particular muscle car is cooler than some of the "established" American muscle cars of the same era. Well, my opinion anyway.

If you want to test that theory out, try putting an Austin Princess into the running for the Cool Wall.

I'm well aware the junk a Princess is, but it's more like... Actually, I can't think of a single comparable thing from your little island.

Since I've never been to Australia I have no idea how they drive. The only thing I have to go on is how they defend their cars on the internet and they are some of the most intense fans out there. That isn't cool in my opinion.

And no, not everyone will defend cars from their country. If you tell me American cars are crap, I'll probably end up agreeing with you although we might not agree on the reason.

"Vipers are worse than anything Europe can offer." Take it. Take it like a man. I dare you.

But, I get your point. More often than not, I just need a little elaboration.

Back