United States
Chicagoland, IL USA
oldmodelt
Tourist Trophy

Championship Race Series

Spring/Summer 2010

IMG_0003-1.jpg

Race Series Change effective 4/27/10

This is a Tourist Trophy Tournament. Each event we will select a specific bike/track combo for a Hotlap or Multi-lap competition. Each bike will be run as “stock” as possible. All submitted times must be achieved in the "Arcade Mode". Races will last for one week beginning on Wednesday and ending Tuesday. Series begins on April 14, 2010.
Preseason Race Thread will be put up by 4/7/2010.

Rules:

1.Pro/Semi/Normal-mode control allowed.
2.No moving the AI out of the way.
3.No cheat braking™.
4.No wall touching allowed
5.All races will use Failure Conditions/Speed Limiter system.
6.One wheel must be on track at all times, distance signs must not be hit.
7.Always save your replays even if you don't think you'll be on the podium
8.Pit lane exit before cones can be crossed. Rumble strips are considered part of track. As are strips of pavement that are not activated by the Failure Conditions/Speed Limiter system.

Times must be submitted by pm to oldmodelt by the 11:59pm deadline GMT. Any questions and disputes will be decided by myself (oldmodelt) and be answered as soon as possible. Please be patient. Let's have fun.

Points will be awarded to the top ten (10) Individual finishers in any given round of competition.

15-12-10-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Multi-Lap races – 3 points to the fastest lap.
Each rider will also receive 5 points for each race completed and submitted to encourage participation.

Track/Race Schedule.
Effective 4/27/10​

Preseason – Midfield
Race #1 – El Capitan/Hotlap
#2 – Special Stage R5
#3 – Cote d'Azur/Hotlap
#4 – Apricot Hill
#5 – Hong Kong/Hotlap
#6 – Deep Forest
#7 – Motegi Super Speedway/Hotlap(s)
#8 - Autumn Ring
#9 - Nurburgring/Hotlap
#10 - Fuji '05

I want to thank the following individuals for their help. I never could have gotten this far without the tips they gave me. And allowing me to cut and paste stuff from their threads to put this together.

ABud/AMG/Austin343/Balang_479/RacerPaul/Viperin

And a special thanks to Viperin for his valuable help, now and probably in the near future.

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone again for their help. ABud for allowing me to assist him it the testing for his last two race series SuperGT and this year's GTPLMS #5. I learned a tremendous amount. Most of all, a little about what it takes to start a series. Let alone multiple ones. We all like the races but someone has to put them on. Hopefully we all (me included) can share the burden in the future. Austin343, on his multiple series and advice about it. AMG for allowing the use of his track images. Balang_479 for putting on last summers' TT series. Got me to dust off this game and actually try it out.

To RacerPaul and Viperin.

The races they have/had going on are a ton of fun and I encourage everyone to check them out.

http://www.gtforums.co.uk/gtforumsc1/showthread.php?tid=610

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=909105750&union_id=370&tag=favorite-forums;title;1

Last edited:
Haven't played in so long, i gotta see if my Tourist trophy disk works in my first gen PS2. Fingers Crossed.

Pardon my naivety but what on Earth is "cheat braking"?

If I am correct. "It might be braking while being in full throttle." This, I'm guessing would give one an advantage. I am not able to do this as I use the right analog stick for both my accelerate and brake function. I hope that one of the more knowledgeable and better riders will be able to expand on this.

One brownie point for being the first to stump the race organizer. Although as you all will find out. That's not too hard. :dunce: Only been playing this game since last summer and a real noob about bikes. My last one being a Schwinn. :)

Only been playing this game since last summer and a real noob about bikes.

I haven't even been playing this game for a month, and I had no idea that BMW made bikes...

Try that for noob.

Well, cheat braking doesn't sound like something I do, and I don't see how it would be beneficial anyway.

Hope you enjoy the game as much as I have/am. Allowed me to learn alot.

So am I...

What kind of bikes are we gonna be running? Street bikes or racing bikes?

might I suggest Valencia for the last round? It was brand new to the series and if GTPSP is anything to go by, it'll be in GT5, as well.

might I suggest Valencia for the last round? It was brand new to the series and if GTPSP is anything to go by, it'll be in GT5, as well.

I would like to second that suggestion.
Fabulous track,although I do not so much ride, it as wobble my way around it :dopey:

Im up for this guys, but please not Valencia! Its possibly one of the dullest tracks out there, not exciting thats for sure!

Thank you all for the interest. Preseason Race thread will be up late Tuesday 4/6/2010 CDT.

Found this thread via TORC (thanks Tosk) so yea count me in as well!

All are welcome. Nice to keep this game viable (for us) until PD decides if they are going to do a sequel. 💡 See links for other sites in post #1.

Will try to get Preseason post up shortly to get riders a few more days racing. :cool:

Mark

I'll enter, but I might not be able to race in all rounds of the series as I have had to start a new game as my previous save became corrupted.

I hope to be able to race all rounds too, but since I have not unlocked all bikes yet, I may have to miss one... :(

I hope to be able to race all rounds too, but since I have not unlocked all bikes yet, I may have to miss one... :(

I seem to remember that in a post here somewhere that the game can be finished in about two weeks time if you put the pedal to the metal. Nice thing is that the tracks are the same except for Valencia and a few kinks thrown in. Made the learning curve much easier. One less thing to do.

I will post what you need to do to get that week's bike and the next event's bike in posts from now on. 👍

Last edited:
Back