MPG:17mpg

Dimensions:
Length: 4250mm

Wheelbase: 2268mm

Width: 1753mm

Height: 1308mm

Weight: 1470kgs​

Last edited:
It would be if it wasn't for the people who buy 911s. I don't care that it's one of the awesome aircooled turbos, I see any 911 and the first thing that comes to mind is "there goes an orthodontist who is having a midlife crisis".

Seriously uncool.

Girls think its a cute little car with funny bug eyes. The "cuteness" will get them in the door and the performance will knock their panties off. The only thing this car is missing is a back seat to do them in.

Sub-zero.

It's a 911 Turbo, sub-zero is automatically recorded as it's the perfect combination of looks, performance, and practicality. Since it's a 964 or 993 (air-cooled), it gets put next to the Kelvin box for me. :cool:

You guys need to do the cool wall properly, like they do on Top Gear, and not look at cars like car people. A girl sees you in this and she's going to think you have such a small penis it might not actually be there at all.

Girls think its a cute little car with funny bug eyes. The "cuteness" will get them in the door and the performance will knock their panties off. The only thing this car is missing is a back seat to do them in.

Sub-zero.

:lol:
Only if Porsche made a 911 Sedan.;)
S-Z 92%

Sub-zero.

Surely, if you can afford one of this cars you can afford a room. :sly:

Didn't we debate this car to great degree already? If not this format, maybe in one of the Best of series that YSS ran a couple years ago? I can't remember where...

I seem to remember arguing against it, saying that at anything over 3/10 it's always about to kill you. No sure if that affects coolness or not though...

You guys need to do the cool wall properly, like they do on Top Gear, and not look at cars like car people. A girl sees you in this and she's going to think you have such a small penis it might not actually be there at all.

But we aren't Top Gear, we're GTPlanet. ;) Seriously, if they saw you in some of the examples in the Seriously Uncool section, they would think that you wouldn't have an old fella at all, or it jumped out of the car from embarrassment from sitting inside such a junkbox. The Porsche doesn't tick any of those boxes at all.

But we aren't Top Gear, we're GTPlanet. ;) Seriously, if they saw you in some of the examples in the Seriously Uncool section, they would think that you wouldn't have an old fella at all, or it jumped out of the car from embarrassment from sitting inside such a junkbox. The Porsche doesn't tick any of those boxes at all.

Next time you see a Porsche on the road, don't just look at the car, look at who is in it. Then ask yourself if you'd like to go hit the bars with them as your wingman. Unless things have changed and girls lust after middle aged men who can tell them how they need to diversify their stock portfolio and maybe get into bonds, it wouldn't be the best idea.

Still think it's cool?

One word.

Blackbird.

Yeah, Sub-Zero. (and yes, because of a Japanese Comic Book and Television Cartoon, sue me.)

Next time you see a Porsche on the road, don't just look at the car, look at who is in it. Then ask yourself if you'd like to go hit the bars with them as your wingman. Unless things have changed and girls lust after middle aged men who can tell them how they need to diversify their stock portfolio and maybe get into bonds, it wouldn't be the best idea.

Still think it's cool?

See, you're thinking about a BRAND NEW 911 there which would be owned by the middle aged to old men. A 964 would be owned more by the 30-something year old guy who doesn't want an Evo or STi and isn't interested in BMW's or Merc's.

And here's a tip, young women DO lust after middle aged men. Why?? Because of financial security!! Why do you think Anna Nicole Smith married that 89yr old man quite a few years ago?? It wasn't because of his bedroom prowess, we can be pretty sure of that. ;)

Not to mention when I was a kid, the 964 was the car to have if you didn't want an F40, Testarossa or Countach. :cool:

See, you're thinking about a BRAND NEW 911 there which would be owned by the middle aged to old men.

And it's those middle aged men who have ruined the entire Porsche marque. Just like how yuppies ruined all BMWs. They've turned it from a car into a badge.

1.) It's Porsche
2.) It has flat six in the rear.
3.) Last aircooled Porsche.
4.) Last good-looking 911.

equals: Lord Kelvins ice box.

And it's those middle aged men who have ruined the entire Porsche marque. Just like how yuppies ruined all BMWs. They've turned it from a car into a badge.

Nice of you only to quote 1/2 my message. Those middle aged men are driving 998's, not 964's. ;)

Nice of you only to quote 1/2 my message. Those middle aged men are driving 998's, not 964's. ;)

Doesn't matter the generation, it's still made by Porsche, and Porsche is the quintessential midlife crisis carmaker.

And when the 964s were new, they were driven almost exclusively by stockbrokers. And coke dealers. The latter is cool, the former sure isn't.

Sub-zero. I don't care that it's for midlife crises, I don't care that it's not technically cool, because it's German and it's a Porsche, it's so awesome it explodes into sub-zero.

So much rubbish posted by some people.

Drug dealers are NOT cool.

The 993 was the last aircooled 911 variant.

The 964 Turbo is a very tricky car to drive... quite a bit of lag followed by quite a lot of instant torque, and no traction control or stability control.

Of course Porsches tend to be driven by middle aged men, although where I live I see a lot of women driving 911's and my wife drives ours quite a bit and loves it. The reason that they are driven by people like this is 1) they are expensive to buy and to maintain and 2) they are high performance, hence most young people can't 1) afford to buy them or 2) afford to insure them.

As far as the 964 Turbo in concerned, I'd rate it cool... turbo 911's don't have the purity of N/A versions and tend to be more of a GT car. For me, the lightweight, 2WD, N/A 911's are the ultimates from a driving perspective... 911RS/RSR, 964RS, 993RS, 996GT3/RS, 997GT3/RS.

Oh, and take it from me, girls do like Porsche's ;)

For me, the lightweight, 2WD, N/A 911's are the ultimates from a driving perspective... 911RS/RSR, 964RS, 993RS, 996GT3/RS, 997GT3/RS.

How could you forget the GT3's father....the 993RSCS?? It was an evolution of the 993RS, with an even more powerful version of the 3.8L flat-6, stripped out interior that included doorhandles that have since appeared on the Boxster Spyder, all built up to beat the Mazda RX7 SP at the 12hr production races that we have here in Australia, which it failed in defeating. That was the most hardcore N/A Porsche that came in the '90s though.

Was going to go with sub... but settled for cool... though I could change my mind tomorrow... :lol:

Back