Engine: DKW 49cc, 4.2hp
Top Speed: 61km/h (38mp/h)
Transmission: 3 forward gears, no reverse
Length: 134 cm (52.8 in)
Width: 99 cm (39.0 in)
Height: 120 cm (47.2 in)
Weight: 59kg (130lb)
Price: 199 pounds new, 25,000-50,000 pounds now

Uncool. It's just too weird for me to get into it. I would say seriously uncool but it does have a kind of goofyness about it that makes me give it some credit.

Seriously uncool.... it could be uncool, until you find one on the road, in front of you, on a 1 lane highway with lots of traffic coming the other way. While we never got this specific car in Spain, we got many microcars (like the Aixam and similar crapmobiles) and everyone who drove them instantly got the finger from me. Driving this car on public roads is proof that the human mind is as idiotic as the people who would buy and/or drive this car and think they're that cool.

I'm going to go with 'uncool', as in principle, this is essentially the forerunner to...

2508013729_048db1744c.jpg

Mmmmm.

Hilarious in the hands of Jeremy Clarkson, but not cool I fear.

Seriously Uncool. No one knew about it until Top Gear said something, then it became some icon. There isn't anything cool about it.

Somebody nomitated that ''car'' ?

ROFL.

Do I need to say seriously uncool ? I never knew about this, well let's just say vehicle, before it has been featured on top gear. It was funny and all but it's still a seriously uncool car. Hell, even the Lada Niva was on top gear once does that make it cool or sub-zero ?

I voted "meh."

It's cool because of Top Gear (Sorry to the TG dislikers). But it's uncool because of what it is (A moped with an extra wheel and a cabin).

So it averages out to "meh."

I can see arguments for both sides, (in fact, Top Gear may count as a point against,)...but I also like crazy things, and the mere fact that this can be legally registered as an automobile is crazy. thus, I'm calling it cool. barely.

And who knows what that Sachs mill could do with some porting and an expansion chamber...

I've got a faster off-road go-kart.

And this car is funky. I don't know, I think it's sub-zero for how weird and interesting it is.

I question how that "thing" is even a car...

Even if it is, I certainly wouldn't drive it without a paper bag being over my head...

No nostalgic value either so it wouldn't be a showroom car...

SERIOUSLY UNCOOL

Did Top Gear actually do this car? Never seen that episode.

But I do know the Peel. Or at least of the Peel. Which isn't as enticing a prospect as Emma Peel... but strangely appealing in its own way.

You can't drive anywhere in this without looking as mad as a hatter. In fact, people won't assume you're driving one only because you have no other choice, because you do have other choices, most of them better, many of them cheaper, and all of them safer. They'll assume you're either off-your-rocker or clinically insane... you have to be personally too cool for words to pull it off.

Besides:

Any car you have to get out of and pick up to reverse is good enough for Chuck Norris, so it's good enough for me.

Sub-zero.

Just because it's so damn stupid nobody in their right mind would ever buy one or drive one. And yet they do. :D

Seriously uncool for a mode of transport, but I think its just such a toy with absolutely no problem solving in mind. Man wanted to build it so he did. Did he do it for a purpose? I don't think so.

Co0O0o0O0o0O0ol.

Did Top Gear actually do this car? Never seen that episode.

But I do know the Peel. Or at least of the Peel. Which isn't as enticing a prospect as Emma Peel... but strangely appealing in its own way.

You can't drive anywhere in this without looking as mad as a hatter. In fact, people won't assume you're driving one only because you have no other choice, because you do have other choices, most of them better, many of them cheaper, and all of them safer. They'll assume you're either off-your-rocker or clinically insane... you have to be personally too cool for words to pull it off.

Besides:

Any car you have to get out of and pick up to reverse is good enough for Chuck Norris, so it's good enough for me.

Sub-zero.

Just because it's so damn stupid nobody in their right mind would ever buy one or drive one. And yet they do. :D

+1.

Sub-Zero.

It's the car which you could most likely drive anywhere and everywhere given the chance. It would probably be the thing that you die in, but just think about running around the shopping mall in one of these babies.

I can not help to like small cars for the city, anyone who dares in that time to bring a concept like that deserves at least a cool.

It was involved with Top Gear in someway, therefore it's seriously uncool.

Wouldn't that make almost all European-market cars made since the early '00s Seriously Uncool?

How can this be seriously uncool!? Don't you guys see the irony about this car? It's hilarious, and therefore cool. I mean, how many good laughs wouldn't you and your friends share with this car?

Sub Zero!

It was involved with Top Gear in someway, therefore it's seriously uncool.
Oh, so the Ford GT, Ferrari Enzo, Koenigsegg CCX and almost every other modern super car is seriously uncool as well?

Last edited:
I think ricers are hilarious, yet they are horrendously uncool.
Completely agree. But as far as I know, things can be hilarious in more than one way.

I'm sure most of my friends would laugh at me if they saw me drive this thing, but in a good way. They'd know I'm not serious about it and be like "Hahaha, what tha hell is that!? Can I try it out?". In other words, it's so uncool it's cool.

How can this be seriously uncool!? Don't you guys see the irony about this car? It's hilarious, and therefore cool. I mean, how many good laughs wouldn't you and your friends share with this car?

Sub Zero!

We also share alot of laughs when someone does something stupid, does that make doing stupid things cool?

Ohh, and this....
I think ricers are hilarious, yet they are horrendously uncool.

Back