GTP WTAC Week 05 : Chinook !

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
Hi guys ! Here is Week 05 : "Chinook !" ! Which one will be the fastest car ? Touring Car or Super Touring Car ??? Let's find out !

1. Track: Seattle Circuit - Forward

picture.php

2. Cars : Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00 and Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car (you'll may chose which one you'll compete with or even compete with both !)

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jun 14th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jun 21st 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

5. Time submission : Youll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jun 21st 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptime won't be in the website.

6. Rules : You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC), however, because it is an urban track : the track border is the limit of the usable track, don't worry about rumble strips just make sure you don't touch any wall !

7. Leader Boards

Leaderboards' link will be added at the end of the event !

Happy racing ! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hi TACers ;) !

I just changed the weeks ! This combo is no longer from Jun 1st to Jun 7th, it will start Monday Jun 7th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jun 14th 3:59 pm GMT+2 !

I hope you'll have the time to buy those cars ;) !

Last edited:
Hi TACers !

I just changed the weeks again... :bowdown: Sorry about that, the last time I promise ! Because of "Les 24 Heures du Mans 2005", this combo is no longer from Jun 7th to Jun 14th, it will start Monday Jun 14th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jun 21st 3:59 pm GMT+2 !

I hope you'll have even more time to buy those cars ;) !

Track :

Seattle Circuit - Forward ;) !

You now have time to practice a little bit before the Challenge begins ;) !

Good luck !

:gtpflag:

Well, I was very busy, again. Had loads of homework last night, and even more tonight. And end of semester exams start next week. Sorry about not being able to submit my times.

Well, I was very busy, again. Had loads of homework last night, and even more tonight. And end of semester exams start next week. Sorry about not being able to submit my times.

Thanks for telling us 👍 ! Good luck with your exams, it's important ! I hope we'll see for Week 06 ;) !

I love the FTO super touring car... and I enjoy (but suck at) the Seattle course too!

On one hand we have the Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00, 450 HP, 1000 kg and on the other hand we have Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car, 430 HP, 980 kg...

First I wanted to have a combo with the Mitsubishi, I had to find a car for her ! I think the Mercedes will be faster than her but we might have some surprises on this track and if the mitsubishi is slower, what would be the gap ???

"Super Touring Car"... We'll put her name to the test ;) !!!

Just started out on Seattle. 15 laps in (3races vs AI) and I've hit approx 1:32.3xx. I love this car (FTO) track combo, the car just rides the curbs nicely and is nicely balanced over the jumps. Its a lot of fun to drive!

I will be aiming for 1:29.xxx, I think just below 1:30.000 would be an awesome time. I don't know if its possible, but thats just my goal at this time when I start time trailing in the FTO. I don't own the Merc yet so I don't know how it will perform in comparison.

I picked up my son's PSP about 30 minutes ago and was able to squeeze in three laps for each car (I might get another 30 minutes of race time before I go to sleep). 1'34.0xx for the Mitsubishi FTO and 1'32.9xx with the Mercedes CLK.

hi friends !

today my friend shows me to úpload´a photo 👍

i ll make photo of this 3.24.xxx and upload evening

why my 3.23.0xx was to late in my mind was just in time :confused: this photo is in that rar file:) that s what i manage yesterday ´upload´lol

for me it s not so importend! from now i can supmit and upload photos and all will be good:cheers:

i somehow i lost my mercedes, think i only look him dont buy!

but i ll run in the fto. i like seatle. i make a podium with that car :mischievous:

fuchur

pics are in ! i m so proud !

Last edited:
Just started out on Seattle. 15 laps in (3races vs AI) and I've hit approx 1:32.3xx. I love this car (FTO) track combo, the car just rides the curbs nicely and is nicely balanced over the jumps. Its a lot of fun to drive!

I will be aiming for 1:29.xxx, I think just below 1:30.000 would be an awesome time. I don't know if its possible, but thats just my goal at this time when I start time trailing in the FTO. I don't own the Merc yet so I don't know how it will perform in comparison.

Wow, 1'32.3xx is fast and this 1'29.xxx would be a very fast lap with the FTO -or with the Merco- :scared: !!! Good luck !

I picked up my son's PSP about 30 minutes ago and was able to squeeze in three laps for each car (I might get another 30 minutes of race time before I go to sleep). 1'34.0xx for the Mitsubishi FTO and 1'32.9xx with the Mercedes CLK.

My first three laps test with both cars gave me 1'34.453 (FTO) and 1'34.380 (CLK) -that's why I chose them-... You're fast Detroitbb :scared: !!! It took me 20 laps yesterday to hit the 1'32 with the CLK (I have a 1'32.590)... Seeing you're doing so great with the CLK, I think I'll focus more on her before running the FTO :mischievous:...

Good luck guys !

I've been happy when i hit 1:34,8xx today with FTO (i have not enough skills to drive CLK :( ) and thought it could be quite good time for being competitive and just saw you're all under 1:32,4xx :(

I've been happy when i hit 1:34,8xx today with FTO (i have not enough skills to drive CLK :( ) and thought it could be quite good time for being competitive and just saw you're all under 1:32,4xx :(

You're only one second off of my personal best with the Mitsubishi FTO (1'33.8xx)... that isn't bad at all - it's a pretty competitive time!

👍

Have you made any tuning changes to your car?

You're only one second off of my personal best with the Mitsubishi FTO (1'33.8xx)... that isn't bad at all - it's a pretty competitive time!

👍

Have you made any tuning changes to your car?

Nope... i tried some aerodynamic settings but without any result and now i drive it with default settings :)

Nope... i tried some aerodynamic settings but without any result and now i drive it with default settings :)

Once you feel like you know the track pretty well (and your times stop showing improvement), that might be a good time to start tweaking your tuning options to coax a bit more performance out of your car.

When I start out, I zero out the toe setting (front toe is set to +20 in most all cars) so I the car turns a bit better. I leave all the rest at the default setting until I get a better handle of the car/track combo and then start making some changes.

Good to see you here 👍 ! And you should be happy with your time ;) ! It's great ! Moreover, it is still early in the week ! You've got plenty of time ahead of you ! About tuning, since Week 02 : Sweet Apricot..., you'll see us sometimes referring to "L-F tuning" or Lion-Face tuning" here is why (:bowdown: Lion-Face) :

Lion-Face
My setup thought process.

I always set Toe to 0/0 and Camber to 0/0. If possible, MAX/MAX on Aero and Half the numbers on Spring Rate and Damper. Ride Height set at 0/0. This is my default settings that I will start to put laps down on to make a serious attempt at a time.

I don't believe in changing them till at least 50laps in. 50Laps you should have a good feeling for the car and the track and know the basic ins and outs of each. From there I can start to tweak the car one setting at a time. In this case so far, I recognized my base setup wasn't quite quick enough at changing direction which this track calls for. So I tweaked the Toe a little to provide a quicker turn response and made my front spring rate stiffer.

After getting a better turn in response, providing me with a slightly faster lap time in the chicane and esses, I looked at improving my corner holding ability, as there are a few corners at Apricot Hill which are very long and smooth with little change in direction. So I upped the Camber slightly, and am now holding a faster speed through the longer corners.

I'm still fairly early on. After further testing I'm looking for this track is strengthening the springs/damper and lowering ride height, and of course continue to tweak current settings to see if there is any more to be gained/changes.

So what I usually do with race cars is
Lion-Face
I always set Toe to 0/0 and Camber to 0/0. If possible, MAX/MAX on Aero and Half the numbers on Spring Rate and Damper. Ride Height set at 0/0. This is my default settings that I will start to put laps down on to make a serious attempt at a time.

I don't believe in changing them till at least 50laps in.

-> L-F tuning ! For stock cars, because they usually have very soft spring/damper (1 to 2) and no aero, I just focus on set the toe/camber to 0.

Now, for this track, it looks like stiffer spring/damper work pretty good, at the end of my 50 laps with L-F tuning (;)) I was still stuck at 1'32.5xx with the CLK, I tried to stiffen the spring/damper, lower ride height, and I hit the 1'31.xxx : 1'31.897. However, I wouldn't say this is the right tuning for her, it works better for me (also because I already ran 50 laps with L-F tuning) but might not for you so first thing first : squeeze out the car with L-F tuning then experiment ;) ! And you just said

Awaren
i have not enough skills to drive CLK :(

The CLK is more difficult to handle at this track, you're allowed to choose the car you want to compete with, however, if one of the car is more difficult to deal with, I usually practice with her first because, once I'm done with her, I will find the other car so much better, might be able to have a descent time very quickly ;) ! But that's my way to go, it is up to you : do what you think is better for you ! And be patient, sometimes you got nothing for two days in a row and all of the sudden, you've got a great time !!! Just remember to write down your first laptime, and then compare it with your submission time : you'll see you've improved -don't worry about us ;) !- !

Moreover, you don't know where are SkiggitySk@, Fuchur, Frisbee and streetcleaner(?) at... They might be closer to you -or to us :scared:- than we might think ;) !

A little bit more than 4 days to go !

Good luck !

Last edited:
My time has been set with my defaul tune and the FTO. The FTOis really nice and easy to push round this track, although the default settings are very understeery in this car, and i could only manage a 1:34.xxx on default settings.

Last edited:
This is good news 👍 ! L-F Tuning is magic ! That means I won't have to think too much about tuning with this car ;) ! I'm curious to know what do you think about the CLK... (just asking for impression, not for tuning tips ;)) ! Hope you'll have her soon !

Thanks all for the car tuning advices 👍

My time has been set with my defaul tune and the FTO. The FTOis really nice and easy to push round this track, although the default settings are very understeery in this car, and i could only manage a 1:34.xxx on default settings.

Well that's quite good info for me :) It gives me positive energy :) My time was 1:34,8xx with FTO too with default settings. I can't wait till i get home to try improve my times with tuned settings!

You guys are way too fast for me, even with L-F tuning... I only have 1'33.xxx with both cars. I'm hoping to see a 1'32.xxx with the Mercedes...

Today i buy the clk :) I compete with both!

Two times i saw a 1.31.xxx with fto but no clean so far

Thank you for support ! I have learned a lot in the last 3 weeks with you guys 👍

Hey Awaren, Frisbee : It is a hard fight :mischievous: Nice you are in!

weekend i am busy again... see y on monday !

You guys are way too fast for me, even with L-F tuning... I only have 1'33.xxx with both cars. I'm hoping to see a 1'32.xxx with the Mercedes...

You still have time and you're clearly on your way ! Push it a little more this weekend and I'm sure we'll see at least a 1'32 and 1'31 from you ;) !

Today i buy the clk :) I compete with both!

Two times i saw a 1.31.xxx with fto but no clean so far

Thank you for support ! I have learned a lot in the last 3 weeks with you guys 👍

Hey Awaren, Frisbee : It is a hard fight :mischievous: Nice you are in!

weekend i am busy again... see y on monday !

See you on monday ! And you already saw 1'31.xxx with the FTO :scared: ! I haven't yet ! See you on monday :mischievous:...

My time has been set with my defaul tune and the FTO.

:ouch: ! FTO + © L-F tuning, best out of 20 laps yesterday : 1'32.067...

I have to work harder on that !!! Very fast Lion-Face :scared: ! If you ever manage to run a 1'29.xxx, you'll be promotted "King of Emerald City" ;) !

I'll be busy too the whole weekend ! See you on Monday !

Good luck TACers !!!

PS : I also opened a new thread + a Poll for Week 8, could you please see what it is about, think about it and try to vote before Monday 26th ? Thanks !

EDIT @Fuchur : If you're not in the 1'30.xxx with the FTO, don't stop, we still have to catch up with Lion-Face !!! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I finally cracked it

Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
R1/R1
No Aids

1:29.921

Replay uploaded so you guys can watch my lap, see where you could improve etc. Not an official entry, I have about .5secs to find through mistakes on that lap. Whether I do actually go back and try to find that time I doubt, as its hard enough cracking the 1:29's and I still have to buy the Merc this week and race that.

Setup was

Aero Max/Max
Ride Height -+0/0
Springs 2/2
Damper 2/2
Toe 0/-.05
Camber 0/0

After using my default setup, I tried softer springs to get a better ride over the curbs. The softer setup worked by allowing me to take more curb but without it throwing the car across the track into the wall. I tweaked the toe just slightly on the rear to provide me with a quicker response to turn in, allowing me to quickly switch directions for the chicanes, as going that soft on the springs I introduced a little understeer to my default setup.

Hope that helps! Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B0C55C70902.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 14
I finally cracked it

Congrats 👍 !!! :bowdown: King of Emerald City !

I'll squeeze the max out of it before watching your lap and trying your tuning : thank you very much, that's very kind of you 👍 !

Good luck guys, and thank you sir Lion-Face...

I don't think i can get any better :( I've tried some L-F tuning but did only little improvement and i don't have enough time to get better time (bcoz i must get some sleep :( my wake up time is 4:40am :crazy: ) and deadline is before i get home from work :(

So my final result for this week is:
*ta-ta-da-daaaaa* :) 1:34,120
with all aids off
aero max/max
ride height 0/0
spring rate 3/3
damper 3/3
toe -0.05/0
camber 0/0

Hope my upload will be okay :)

And thanks all of you guys for the wellcoming me here. I'm glad i'm here. 👍 :cheers:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B0C55C70901.ZIP
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3976.zip
    474 KB · Views: 10
Back