picture.php

Base Engine: 2.3 Litre Inline-4 cylinder engine
Horse Power: 100 HP@ 4600 RPM
Torque: 133 ft lbs@ 2600 RPM
Drivetrain: RWD
Curb Weight: 2820 lbs
Original MSRP: $9821
0-60: Don't worry about it.​

20 years later you can still buy this exact truck new, there is something cool about that. Even though it's also really sad how Ford hasn't changed this thing besides a couple face lifts in 20 years.

I voted cool though because this, along with the same era S-10's are for some reason really cool looking.

It's just a truck. A damn good truck, but still a truck. I'd buy one, and wouldn't even crack a smile.

My father in law just sold a 2002 xlt crew cab uk spec It was great for taking us all fishing and being an all round work horse on this basis I vote SUB ZERO.

Probably not Seriously Uncool, but I prefer it's bigger brother. just Uncool.

Note, the UK ranger is an entirely different truck, and was only completely new a few years ago...

Note, the UK ranger is an entirely different truck, and was only completely new a few years ago...

yes I know I did see the picture on the first post. I was using my father In laws as an example of practicality and being a great work horse.

The US version posted has great looks In my opinion of which I voted on.

In stock trim they are cool.Descent fuel economy,descent payload,pretty dependable.

Do a 5.0 / C6 / 9" rear end conversion (which I've seen a lot of) and they become sub-zero

Vote pased in stock form - COOL

Kind of confused how such a specific vehicle was polled, but whatever. In any case, I voted uncool. Not going to turn any heads nor does it have any real merits other than being able to haul stuff. Better choice would have been the Ranger STX, since it actually looks interesting (though the S-10 Baja was the best of the two).
1990-1999-ford-trucks-7.jpg

I voted for seriously uncool. We may not get this in the UK but we get similar vehicles. Pick-up's are not cool, they are bought by farmers for hauling hay around and are about as exciting as a piece of hay. This particular pick-up truck is not very nice to look at, probably handles badly and what is worst is the engine. How on earth have they managed to get only 100HP out of a 2.3? Most European and Asian manufacturers can get 200+ from a 2.0 engine. Is this pick-up what Americans like? Big, thirsty, ugly, uncool, utilitarian, heavily underpowered, bad handling garbage? I don't hate American car's, infact I love the Corvette and Viper, but it just amazes me that they get away with making inferior products. There's something wrong with the world when car manufacturers that make rubbish cars are still up and running, yet the British car industry is dead and we made good cars.

I can see you don't like my truck. It does handle decently. And it's lite, so it doesn't need 350hp like those other trucks to get anything done. And even this 1991 model gets better gas miliage than any other truck being sold today! And for looks, I'd admit that it isn't going to win any beauty contests, but it doesn't look that bad! I think those Magnum 500 rims I got off a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 really give it a nice touch. And this truck is one of the best ever built. I can testify, 19 years on the road, and there is not a SINGLE mechanical thing wrong with it. This is no rubbish car, sir. This is a magnificent piece of engineering!

Now I'm starting to think, maybe it was a bad idea to poll my own truck.

It is ridiculously fun to drift these things. Cool.

Indeed... which tempts me to vote Subzero... but the thread is for a very specific Ranger model. Should've just lumped them all in together.

Head says uncool, heart says subzero. Still deciding where along that spectrum to vote.

Yes, in the rain, it can be fun for sliding. There is no weight on those back wheels! To answer your question why the Ranger as a whole wasn't polled, I was the one who suggested this one, since it's my truck. But I'm starting to think that was a bad idea. My Ranger seems to be getting hated on!:scared:

Cool.

Not a classic, but when given the 5 litre it went pretty good. My dad had a '91 with a dual throttle body 5.0 that loved to be opened up on the highway, which is probably the only reason I'm giving this truck a "cool".

Just watch out for the pick up shifter (2 feet long with a 1 foot throw) and shift knob that would fly off in your hand if shifted too quickly.

Cool.

Not a classic, but when given the 5 litre it went pretty good. My dad had a '91 with a dual throttle body 5.0 that loved to be opened up on the highway, which is probably the only reason I'm giving this truck a "cool".

The Ranger was never offered with a V8, which means it was swapped in. With this, if you still say cool, then you are just interested in the engine rather than the truck.

Uncool for me, on account of it being pretty ugly and down on power, even if it is just designed to haul stuff...

Come on! This weighs as much as a Lotus Esprit, and it has almost as much power as an S1 Elise. So this truck is basically a Lotus. How cool is that!?

The Ranger was never offered with a V8, which means it was swapped in. With this, if you still say cool, then you are just interested in the engine rather than the truck.

I thought the whole reason it was cool was the fact that it was a small truck offered with a V8. I've seen so many of them, I never realized they were all swaps (and yes, I'm talking about the Ranger and not the F-150). I'd change my vote to "meh" if I could.

Not moved one way or another with the coolness level of the truck, but I will say the Ranger is probably the best small truck out there. Everyone I've ever known to have one beat the living hell out of it and the truck ran without issue and just took the abuse.

Come on! This weighs as much as a Lotus Esprit, and it has almost as much power as an S1 Elise. So this truck is basically a Lotus. How cool is that!?

I was also under the impression that on at least the newer versions, they got people who worked on the Miata to do the chassis work. It'd explain quite a lot.

Back