Daniel

User user
Premium
New Zealand
Auckland
Lazer0pz
28887479.png
Background Story:
Late last year there were a few rounds based on DTM racing in TRD/DTM/V8 Supercars 3, and there was a fairly good turnup. Then, after just 2 rounds, it died off. This is the revival, using all types of motorsport in Race Driver 3, and to kick it off...
plameraudi.jpg

Location, Location, Location:
Brands Hatch was originally a military training ground. Then, with the permission of the local landowner, Londerners made a dirt racetrack using the farm machinery. It remained in operation during the '30s, but after being used as a military vehicle park, and being a target of WWII bombings, it needed a lot of work before becoming a professional racing curcuit.
250px-Brands_Hatch.svg.png

Rules:
  • Go to: Simulation→Time Trial→Open Wheel→Formula Palmer Audi→Brands Hatch (Sunny)
  • Corner Cutting must be turned on... this is to prevent.. corner cutting
  • For Pro-Simulation, Gravel Traps and Damage are compulsory, Handling is not.
  • All Transmissions can be used
  • Tuning is allowed
  • Finally, you may do as much laps as possible
  • Palmer Audi has 8 "overboosts" in the car, that give an extra 60hp to it. These may be used!!

Post your Car Number, Car Team and Time

Have fun, and go for it, and special thanks to Bram Turismo for his awesome Banner!!

Last edited:
I'm giving this two weeks instead of the usual one (it was one week in the DTM Shootouts)..

Deadline is
27th, June, 2010 at 7:00:00pm GMT

The (known) teams:
  • StigSport Tuning Co. Racing #95
    TheStig13

• Highcroft Racing #7
    InvincibleM5
  • St★rship Hospital Appeal #17
    Daniel
  • Insanity Racing #92
    in.s@ne
  • Xtreme Speed #55
    SVX
  • *Unknown Team 2*
    nostuner03
  • ST Trade Cars #3
    JDM-GT5
  • Wacky Racers #43
    Peterram430

Last edited:
This sounds like an interesting series, i'll be entering, but I may miss a few rounds.
Team Name: StigSport Tuning Co. Racing
Number: 95

Do we post the times in the thread or do we have to send them via PM?

Um, just PM them in, and I meant what car in-game :P
I'm chose to drive the Oxford Children's Hospital Appeal car. But you can do your own team (I just need to remember the number :dopey:) I'll get it at home.

It's optional, turn it on for a bit of a challenge if you think your better than us :mischievous:.
:lol:

I am in! I also may skip a few rounds when school starts but hopefully not.

Team name: MAPFRE
Number: 7

I will submit the time ASAP ;)

It's optional, turn it on for a bit of a challenge if you think your better than us :mischievous:.
:lol:

oi oi! lol im not saying im better..thats just how i play...but im going to to some time attacks..and i want to pm you some times to see if the sim handling puts me at a disadvantage.

How do these team things work? Do we say the team of the actual car were driving? Or can we make up our own teams?

Well, I originally did the game teams, but you can choose now.
I chose to use an in-game team...

I've edited the second post, adding the teams...
SVX and NosTuner03, you guys might want to name your teams, unless you're happy with *Unknown Team 1 & 2* :lol:

Hey guys,

how do you turn corner cutting on? (Where is it?)

Answer solved: Thanks InvincibleM5!

Team name: Xtreme Speed
Number: 55

Can you use any number, but use another for in-game racing? Example: I say I'm number 55, but in the game I'm number 27.

Answer also solved: Thanks Daniel!

Last edited:
SVX
Hey guys,

how do you turn corner cutting on? (Where is it?)

It's already turned on mate.. No need to set anything. Choose your track, car and then go on for your fast lap ;)👍

Don't believe me? Try to cut the corner...

Josh, just choose yer number... I would have went with Eleventy-Twelve, but I've no idea how to type that with didgits :P
Yeah, it doesnt matter what the number on the car is. It's your choice :)👍

This was quite hard for me to get a fast but clean lap. Didn't submit a time because I didn't think my laps were fast enough. (Fastest ever was a 1.06).

Well, I can tell you that there is a small difference between the lap times! So don't give up, and if that was with pro-handling, that's almost unbelievable!

I'm pulling 1.06.xxx's but I reckon there's more in it yet. The boosts in the right spot make a huge difference, I think it's possible for the car to go sub 1.06, I'll keep at it

I know, aye? I do believe that you should boost just before the start/finish line and turn 5.

is it too late for me to try out?

Sorry just read the deadline date...

I would like to join

Team Name : ST Trade Cars
Number : 3

Last edited:
Absolutely not mate :)

Come and join us! Just give us your Team Name and Number then you're ready to go ;)👍

Thank you very much :)

My team is : ST Trade Cars
My Number : 3

I was able to do a few practice runs and i managed a 1:06.21 without using a boost.

Thanks, Jeff. I've added your team onto the small list... and I guess that we're all such like-minded drivers, we're getting all 1.06s... can anyone drop into the sub-06s???

The key to success is to have the right line, and strategic usage of the boost. Use the boost on 4th or 5th gear at Cooper Straight, Turn 5 and turn 9. Using the boost on the lower gear is useless. By the time you press it, the engine is already reaching 7k RPM...

You can do it guys! I know you can do it... ;)👍

Well, I can tell you that there is a small difference between the lap times! So don't give up, and if that was with pro-handling, that's almost unbelievable!
I mean, my fastest ever on that track was a 1:06, IIRC it was not sim handling. My best was a 1:10 IIRC. I don't know how I did it!

That Dingle Dell Corner is quite tricky!

:dopey:
Huh Huh... Dingle :P
I'm soooo immature, aren't I?

Last edited:
The key to success is to have the right line, and strategic usage of the boost. Use the boost on 4th or 5th gear at Cooper Straight, Turn 5 and turn 9. Using the boost on the lower gear is useless. By the time you press it, the engine is already reaching 7k RPM...

You can do it guys! I know you can do it... ;)👍

I found a bizzare mix of aggression and smoothness got me into the 1.06's. Smooth with the steering but aggressive on the throttle and brakes. Boosts were only affecting my time by 0.3 in the end.

I found a bizzare mix of aggression and smoothness got me into the 1.06's. Smooth with the steering but aggressive on the throttle and brakes. Boosts were only affecting my time by 0.3 in the end.

Our driving style is different mate. I am a very aggresive driver and not really smooth. I attack every single corners of the circuit.

Another tip is to go as deep as you can at turn 7 as long as it doesn't count as cutting corner. You can take the corner in 5th gear without braking much. Just a tap of brake through the corner is enough to save you 0.3-5 of a second and also corner 8, try to go as deep as you can and take it on 4th gear. Corner 4 is also crucial as I didn't brake there instead, just let the gas off and take the corner in 4th gear.

Good luck!

Latest Posts

Back