Engine: 2.0L Audi-sourced TFSI Turbocharged Inline-4
Configuration: Mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Power: 240hp
Torque: 229lb-ft
0-60mph: 3.9 seconds
Top speed: 137mph

Base price: €48,980 (about US$63,500)​

Meh, it hasn't got proper style like a normal car, and there are purpose built go-karts that do the job of a track far infinitely better.

seriously uncool. Arial already did it. for less (for a faster car)

seriously uncool. Arial already did it. for less (for a faster car)

This. All true. :)

To ty00123, Colin Chapman would kill it with fire, it's so freaking ugly!!

Also, the only place you see it is in the ROC once a year!!

Seriously Uncool.

Hyundai has a faster 2.0T that gets better fuel economy. Uncool.

This. All true. :)
To ty00123, Colin Chapman would kill it with fire, it's so freaking ugly!!

This is true.

But hey, it's so light that it only takes two people to carry it to a suitable place to be destroyed. ;)

Although I couldn't think of anything wrong with it (except the looks) that I couldn't say about the Atom, so it had to be S-Z.

Last edited:
Uncool -

Not an Atom.

Has an Ewwdi engine.

At least it's made by KTM, which keeps it from being seriously uncool...

It's good as a track car, but doesn't look very practical for the street. Meh.

Off-topic: Doesn't KTM usually make motorcycles?

Cool.

Epic bike manufacturer makes a car that looks wild and is surprisingly quite comfortable for the road while still being a go-kart.

Torn between Subzero and cool...

Subzero because it's completely bonkers. A trackday car by a bike company that isn't even know for making on-road bikes. It has all of the weather-exposure issues of a motorbike and all of the weight problems of a car (700+++ kilograms... without roof hoops or a trunk? Insane.)

And an extra-special sub-zee bonus is it's pretty.

Only cool because: There can be only one Ariel Atom. And the X-Bow is not it. :lol:

I guess that actually seals my vote.

Cool but flawed. It's a great concept and well executed but it's underpowered and too expensive. I love its single mindedness and that the CF tub makes up the majority of the bodywork with minimal extra body panels.

Cool but flawed. It's a great concept and well executed but it's underpowered and too expensive. I love its single mindedness and that the CF tub makes up the majority of the bodywork with minimal extra body panels.

Don't they have options like the Atom for engine upgrades or has anyone tried to stick a different motor in it? I think the car is cool but not as a daily driver and I'm sure most people that would buy it would use it as a track car not as a daily driver.

Meh.

Great concept, but poorly executed and horrendously expensive if optioned as you'd want one.

Not that good on the track compared to something serious like a Radical. Personally, if I wanted a track day missile I'd have an Exige. If I wanted a unique track/road car with atomic performance I'd have a supercharged Atom or a top end Caterham.

Indeed like most I prefer the Ariel.

However I saw some tests and I saw it compete in the European GT4 cup and it is far from being a bad car, so sticked with cool.

On the basis that sitting in a X-Bow is going to be more comfortable than being shot with one, I presume.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

On topic, un-cool, hopelessly ugly, and I think the whole "Atom copy" has been covered enough times already.

Arial, Caterham and Lotus all do the same concept better or cheaper or both, and it looks a mess. However, that concept is a great one so that keeps it out of uncool. Meh.

Back