• Other

Votes: 20 7.1%
  • No, it will get perfect scores

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I don't care about reviews, I just want to play the game

Votes: 163 57.8%

• Total voters
cobraagent90
It is simple. Will reviewers give GT5 low scores or will the game be on the top of Metacritic? What do you think?
By the way, i love the game and i don't really care about reviews
Here are the metascores for the main gt series

GT1:96
GT2:93
GT3:95
GT4:89

Sources:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psx/granturismo?q=gran turismo
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psx/granturismo2?q=gran turismo
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/granturismo3aspec?q=gran turismo
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/granturismo4?q=gran turismo

First review in:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00013884-gran-turismo-5-test.htm
7/10

Last edited:
Lowish I'd of thought, not many game reviewers or gamers play racing games to much. And this game is a bit to serious. It would depend heavily on the reviewer for this sort of game.

surely low scores, after 5 years you can't deliver a gt4 hd with cars that look crap compared to others.

however i dont' car about review.

It will probably get low scores because the general gaming review population dont get Gran Turismo, they find it to too complicated and dont see the appeal beyond it looking good. Plus it took 5 years and delivered cars which were mostly ports. It might actually get the worst reviews of any in the series so far, probably in the high 7's low 8's (below GT PSP).

Last edited:
I can see this getting mid to high 80s on average. It's still just a racing game at the end of the day, one that has taken way too long to come out and given the competition time to catch up in areas. Besides, with 800 'tard cars and only 200 decent ones, that split alone is enough to dock 10% off the score.

come on,it's obvious that Gt5 will get a prefect score(9.6 I think),they have improve the engine sound then the game will be perfect!!

Although, in the darkest moments during development, my faith faltered, any suspicions I had about the quality of GT5 have since evaporated. I fully believe now that GT5 will be a defining moment in the series and the genre. Also, from what I have seen lately, giving the game a triple-A rating seems like a down grade. Equally, I do not care what others think, GT5 is starting to look like an epiphany! 👍

Lowish I'd of thought, not many game reviewers or gamers play racing games to much. And this game is a bit to serious. It would depend heavily on the reviewer for this sort of game.

I know loads of gamers/casual gamers who love Gran Turismo and appreciate it's realism. There's a reason why the franchise sells so well, and that is as well as being a sim, it's also fun. Games are all about letting people live their dream, and loads of kids out there want to be racing drivers and own Lamborghinis. They want the game to be realistic just as much as we do because then they'll be safe in the knowledge that they are experiencing the real deal.

Plus, all the previous GT games got excellent reviews, and I suspect that this one will be no different.:) You people underestimate gamers. :P

I don't care what the reviewers think. Most of them can't drive to save their lives, so I don't trust their judgement of a racing game.

X-Power
I don't care what the reviewers think. Most of them can't drive to save their lives, so I don't trust their judgement of a racing game.

How do you know they can't drive?

It will probably get low scores because the general gaming review population dont get Gran Turismo, they find it to too complicated and dont see the appeal beyond it looking good. Plus it took 5 years and delivered cars which were mostly ports. It might actually get the worst reviews of any in the series so far, probably in the high 7's low 8's (below GT PSP).

I think you are wrong because all the main installments of the gt series have a metascore of more than 90(except from gt4 which has a 89 average)

GT5 may be overlooked and be scored on the merit of things that disappoint rather than what it offers in terms of features.

Regardless of that it is a AAA title.

Last edited:
Yeah this is just getting out of control with all these talk about cockpit and etc...

I'll play GT5 either way, cockpit view for all or not.
I really like to play in that particular view but it's not the end of the world.

Everything is an improvement over it's predecessor (GT4), even the standard cars, so no chance it'll be lower than AAA.

1 Thats a score only from gamespot while i was reffering to metascores
2 GT PSP is not on consoles

I understand that but its still a low score from one of the biggest game sites on the web who gave other GT's favourable scores.

And we were talking about the GT series as a whole of which GT PSP is part of, I have seen very highly rated PSP games and a low score is not associated with whether its on a portable system or not.

Robin.

I understand that but its still a low score from one of the biggest game sites on the web who gave other GT's favourable scores.

And we were talking about the GT series as a whole of which GT PSP is part of, I have seen very highly rated PSP games and a low score is not associated with whether its on a portable system or not.

Robin.

You have a point... But GT5 is nothing like GT PSP

With games like Forza 3 and and NFS:SHIFT getting score in the 9s and despite these two games filling an entirely different purpose but if GT5 were be scored lower, it will further emphasize what's wrong with current review system. Speaking of which the lowest score will come from Edge at 6 or 7.

I hate to be THAT guy, but fanboys took the term "AAA" and changed it into meaning a score. Those letters stand for the budget of a game. That's why a dev can say "we are working on a AAA title" because that means they are working with a high budget.

Sorry to rain on you parade.

With games like Forza 3 and and NFS:SHIFT getting score in the 9s and despite these two games filling an entirely different purpose but if GT5 were be scored lower, it will further emphasize what's wrong with current review system. Speaking of which the lowest score will come from Edge at 6 or 7.

I would say an 8 simply because of this
http://edgevsmeta.blogspot.com/2010/03/edge-vs-metacritic-does-games-platform.html
and this
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/granturismo4?q=gran turismo

"Gran Turismo 4 is fundamentally unconcerned with furthering the art of the videogame. This titanic franchise, this critical, load-bearing pillar of PlayStation, is barely even a videogame at all. It’s a hobbyist software suite, a racetrack tutorial, an encyclopaedia you can get in and drive off. [March 2005, p.78]
"

I know loads of gamers/casual gamers who love Gran Turismo and appreciate it's realism. There's a reason why the franchise sells so well, and that is as well as being a sim, it's also fun. Games are all about letting people live their dream, and loads of kids out there want to be racing drivers and own Lamborghinis. They want the game to be realistic just as much as we do because then they'll be safe in the knowledge that they are experiencing the real deal.

Plus, all the previous GT games got excellent reviews, and I suspect that this one will be no different.:) You people underestimate gamers. :P

Even I wouldn't give it a perfect score. Things that held back Gran Turismo were, Sound (Not really fixed as far as I can see), low speed physics(still poor in the latest demo I played), damage and collision physics(Half fixed), not to many real tracks (I can't see many more coming). And then it took far to long.

I think games have moved on alot since GT4. But hey, it should get some decent reviews, but I don't think people care as much anymore.

I believe it will get very good scores, but I'm sure some reviewers will point out the differences between standard and premium cars in a negative way.

GTPSP got the low scores it did because of the fact it had no career mode - i would not disagree with the 74 metacritic score as it is (i would have probably given it a 79 or 80), but with a career mode i honestly believe it would have easily got a 90.

Back