TTCRS Spring Summer 2010 FISCO 2005 (Final Standings)

• Thread starter oldmodelt
  • 45 comments
United States
Chicagoland, IL USA
oldmodelt
Tourist Trophy​
Championship Race Series​
Spring/Summer 2010​

009.jpg
007.jpg
005.jpg

004.jpg
002.jpg

FISCO 2005; 5 lap race
Deadline 11:59pm GMT Tuesday, June 29th 2010​

The Fuji Speedway aka FISCO has three versions in Tourist Trophy. The '05 version has an extensive amount of off-track pavement. Sometimes it's almost like there's a second track / parking lot type area running parallel to the actual track separated only by a thin strip of of grass. You may be relieved in not wiping out only to be rewarded with a ten second break at 31mph!​

Race Specifications​
Arcade Mode>>Race>>Fuji '05>>
Any of the five (5) 8H Bikes
Pwr hp (+0)
Wt kg (+0)​

Results
Another close finish for 1st and 3rd place at Fuji. And SuperShouden jumps in for the last race. :)
Spring-Summer2010TTCRSFISCO2005andF.png
RacerPaul earns the top spot in the Series with Viperin and DJ Baker taking 2nd & 3rd. Good Racing by everyone.​

RS, RM, RH tires or any combination thereof
Tire Wear - Strong
Failure Conditions/Speed Limiter penalty system
Gearing (top speed slider) is own choice
Riding Form is own choice
Points for race: 15-12-10-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
3 Points for fastest lap
5 points for race participation
Rider does not have to win race in order to submit time.[/SIZE]

20 sec penalty added for late entry
There is no minimum race requirement. Race one, race them all. It's your choice.​

Time Submission Format
Title Line: FISCO 2005 Final Time
User Name:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:​

PM to oldmodelt by deadline date - Deadline 11:59pm GMT Tuesday, June 29th 2010​

Laps/Failure Conditions/Speed Limiter
Setup
Options>>Race>>Failure Conditions>>On
Options>>Arcade>>Laps>>5>>Tire Wear>>Strong>>Penalty>>Speed Limiter​

Rules:
1.Pro/Semi/Standard-mode control allowed.
2.No moving the AI out of the way.
3.No cheat braking™.
4.No wall touching allowed
5.All races will use Failure Conditions/Speed Limiter system.
6.One wheel must be on track at all times, distance signs must not be hit.
7.Always save your replays even if you don't think you'll be on the podium
8.Pit lane exit before cones can be crossed. Rumble strips are considered part of track. As are strips of pavement that are not activated by the Failure Conditions/Speed Limiter system.

Feel free to discuss anything except final times.​

And RacerPaul's #7 of 12 series.​
http://racerpaulsplace.myfastforum.org/RPP_TTC_Round_7_about22.html​

Good Luck to all :)

Last edited:
So....is Fuji considered an Oval? 'cause I think FISCO stands for Fuji International Sports Car Oval. Which, I think, originally, it was an oval, but it's not really now...but it still has the longest straight of any purpose build track and only two tracks have a longer straight period: Circuit de la Sarthe's Mulsane Straight being the longest and the straight at Nurburgring coming in second.

So....is Fuji considered an Oval? 'cause I think FISCO stands for Fuji International Sports Car Oval. Which, I think, originally, it was an oval, but it's not really now...but it still has the longest straight of any purpose build track and only two tracks have a longer straight period: Circuit de la Sarthe's Mulsane Straight being the longest and the straight at Nurburgring coming in second.

Could be. Just following what the book/game shows me. Their number is 1-800-ASK-FUJI. :)

Jump in for a race. 👍

Follow me over to RPP's after this race. His will be the only game in town.

edit: FISCO link. http://www.fsw.tv/english/

Last edited:
Actually, looking at the Wiki, I think it stands for Fuji International Speedway COporation. Although, the track was originally designed for NASCAR. (which, I'm sure it'll be used for it in GT5), but it's also one of the most dangerous courses in the world, with it's early road course design, which incorporated the original bank, being the cause of several fatalies.

In an FIA GT race, during a heavy rain the pace car was going too fast and resulted in a horrific, near fatal accident that proved the reason why race car drivers wear those fire suits. And the fireball that resulted when the Ferrari F355 hit the Porsche on the main straight, and engulfed the flag stand will be etched in everyone's minds:

RacerPaul sent me a pm asking me if I thought the favorite bike here would be the Honda 7. I have to plead ignorance. When I tested the bikes earlier they all performed within a 1 sec. of each other. On FISCO, that could be because of the bike or me. I'm not good enough at this point with riding or knowledge wise in the technical part to know the diference. I only know what I have read about the background on each bike.

Let's use this thread to get everyone's opinions. If I remember correctly. I know that both Viperin and RacerPaul favor the Honda 7.

I also prefer the Honda 7 as it was the one I was able to get to 100% with and win all the races in the final series with.

I don't prefer the 7 honda nor the tiger, of cours the 7 honda is the fastest and the tiger is more easy to handle.

I think i'll go with the good old Yamaha for once sinds their aren't any european bikes to chose from ^^

note to myself: have to win the yamaha first (lol)

I'll test them all for you guys so u can compare ;-)

#note to self# - must break 2 minute laps to have a chance of beating oldmodelt :sly:

Only mentioned the 10 min mark because I didn't want give away my speedy times. If I get anywhere near the 2 min ave, I'm going back to my Intellivision game system.

Only mentioned the 10 min mark because I didn't want give away my speedy times. If I get anywhere near the 2 min ave, I'm going back to my Intellivision game system.

Intellivision game system is still in storage. :) Got my session in last night. BL 1'44.xxx on RM's. Top speed slider at 211. Tried RS but rear tyre was gone by lap 3. And front had another lap if lucky. Used the Honda 7. Does accelerate a little better on the straight. Wanted to try the YSP but the reflection off the windscreen is annoying around the track.

Knocked out 2 more golds in the license section. Need 4 more to be 100%.

mthielen:
note to myself: have to win the yamaha first (lol)

I don't think you'll need my help. :lol:

Last edited:
hi all :) thought i'd get an early start this week, seeing as i was getting worried last week about getting a time
in at all because i left it late starting

i've got one in the bank now anyway, so i can relax and just try pushing for more

best lap so far is 1:41.925

medium tyres, top speed set to 217 mph iirc. lean in riding form, which i think is called lean body in ntsc land?

so far i've only completed 2 bikes

i'm no trying to do the race with the Kawa, but it's so unstable when entring the corners.
But if u can get it stable it's damn fast (maybe faster then the 7 honda, for me)

The 2 bikes i've done so far are the Yamaha (of cours) and the 7 honda
between these 2 their was a gap of about 4 secs for the honda

EDIT: Third bike

stand is

1st: 7Honda
2nd: Kawasaki
3rd: Yamaha

All races where far from perfect (imo to much difference between lap times)
p.e. with the kawasaki my best lap was 1'4x.0 and slowest was 1'4x.8
normally this should be within a 0.3 sec range

Last edited:
so far i've only completed 2 bikes

i'm no trying to do the race with the Kawa, but it's so unstable when entring the corners.
But if u can get it stable it's damn fast (maybe faster then the 7 honda, for me)

The 2 bikes i've done so far are the Yamaha (of cours) and the 7 honda
between these 2 their was a gap of about 4 secs for the honda

EDIT: Third bike

stand is

1st: 7Honda
2nd: Kawasaki
3rd: Yamaha

All races where far from perfect (imo to much difference between lap times)
p.e. with the kawasaki my best lap was 1'4x.0 and slowest was 1'4x.8
normally this should be within a 0.3 sec range

It is not necessary to run all the Bikes, just select one of the five available to run in the Race.
If you are doing it just for interest then disregard this post 👍 and I admire your stamina :)

It is not necessary to run all the Bikes, just select one of the five available to run in the Race.
If you are doing it just for interest then disregard this post 👍 and I admire your stamina :)

just comparing to see which is best, we know that it's the 7 honda, but we don't for the other 4 ;-)

And i like to keep myself busy ^^

i've gone with the 7Honda because of its storming top speed, but i think its brakes are a little suspect :eek:

Darkcheater94 Bestes Motorrad im Spiel

Die beste Maschine im Spiel ist die Moriwaki Motul Tiger CBR1000RR Racing Suzuka 8H \'05. Sie hat eine gute Beschleunigung und eine gute Endgeschwindigkeit. Dazu hat sie noch eine super Kurvenlage.

Darkcheater94 Best Motorcycle in the game

The best machine in the game is the Moriwaki Motul Tiger Racing CBR1000RR Suzuka 8H \ '05. She has good acceleration and good top speed. In addition she has a superior cornering.

raVer

actually what in my experience, the motul tiger has one of the worst acceleration of the special bikes.
Yes it's cornering is very good, but it's acceleration is doubtful.

The 7 Honda has rather good cornering and very good accelaration
The Kawasaki has awful corner entring (very unstable) but has in my opinion the best accceleration of the special bikes

The Yamaha has good brakes and rather good cornering and acceleration

Suzuki has still to be tested

i'll give the suzuki and the Tiger a go on thuesday, then my schoolyear is over so i can concentrated more on that

i'll post all my race times with laptimes so u can compare

PS i gave the Yamaha a second go cause it was the first bike i tried and it wouldn't be fair if i used the time of a first try and compare it to a time i get after 3 or 4 racer with the other bikes

I don´t know what Darkcheater94 had tested.

The 7 Honda and the motul are the same bikes.
Did you check the settings of the 2 bikes or what is the difference?

raVer

Last edited:
Ran another session with the Honda 7. Used chase cam view. Not nearly as fun but gives me a little better view of the corners. Wanted a comparison against you guys too. Nice improvement on time. With a multiple low 43's for lap splits. Knocked off two more of the license gold's last night. Suzuka from the Super and Infineon also. Need only two more. Those stupid cones tests from the Junior Licences.

well the results for the fastest bike are rather surprising imo

1. 7 Honda

+: Lots of power and good top speed, good braking
-: Bit unstable in corners

2. Kawasaki

+: extreme fast acceleration good corner speed
-: unstable when entring corner

3. Yamaha

all average imo

4. Suzuki

+: very stable in corners, good braking
-: lacks power, eats a lot of tyre

5. Motul Tiger

+: rather stable in corner
-: awfull power, understeer when exiting corner, medium braking

of cours this is all my opinion, but that's how i experienced the bikes

i'll post all times (with laptimes) after the event is over, tonight i'll give all bikes a few more tries (as much as time allows me ^^)
and i think i'm gonna go for the Kawasaki and not the Yamaha

Last edited:
I don´t know what Darkcheater94 had tested.

The 7 Honda and the motul are the same bikes.
Did you check the settings of the 2 bikes or what is the difference?

raVer

well actually their is a lot of difference between the 2 honda's

p.e. other exhausts,
headlight,
the 7 honda is a CBR 1000 RRW, where the tiger is a regular CBR 1000 RR
i also think the swingarm is a bit different on the 2 bikes, but not sure of that

P.S. sorry for double posting

Last edited:
Thanks for the research on the bikes mthielen. 👍

Even though deadline isn't over I'll post my last lap video in thread now. Busy next couple of days. Will get to pm's on thurs. eve. Thanks for riding in the series guys. Don't forget RPP's site. Link in thread.

very nice lap Raver

@Paul
didn't we do something like that on motogpboards once with the suzuki and the 8hr special suzuki on NY if i'm correct
i think the difference was 1 sec or so :-)

could be nice for RPP like another monthly event or so ;-)

@Paul
didn't we do something like that on motogpboards once with the suzuki and the 8hr special suzuki on NY if i'm correct
i think the difference was 1 sec or so :-)

could be nice for RPP like another monthly event or so ;-)

hi mt :) i can't remember, it must have been a long time ago

you can post any event you'd like at RPP though 👍

i've submitted my time for this final round, my best lap was 1:41.855

looking forward to the final standings, see if i've done enough

I went with the Moriwaki. 7 Honda revs out too quick in Arcade Mode. The others are just too slow. Fastest lap on the Moriwaki: 1'39.207. Times submitted.

Are far as future series are concerned, I'd prefer TT Mode. I like to be able to tweak the bike & rider. Otherwise, you did a fine job with the series. Thanks for all the effort. 👍

after pushing the bikes to the limit the order is a bit changed

and i noticed a few of the characteristics are not true

nice time with the Tiger DJ, i couldn't handle that bike even if i could ride for months ^^

i went with the Kawasaki although i had a very nice run with the 7 honda on which i was only 0.082 sec slower then on the kawa

fastest lap for me 1'39.578

Back