Length:
177.0 in

Width:
1727 mm (68.0 in)

Height:
1288 mm (50.7 in)

Curb weight:
1253 kg (2762 lb)​

Cool. Not as pretty as the S15 though, and the fact that it's the 240SX not the 200SX prevents a Sub-Zero.

Needs an SR20DE(T) to be Sub-Zero.

Uncool.....took the best shape (S14A, the S14 has a rounder nose) and then made an abortion of it by putting that KA-boom truck engine in there.

If like Murcie said, it was a proper 200SX with the SR20DET, then it would've atleast got a cool from me for being a drift pig. :cool:

I know I come in and say this for every Japanese car that's ever been parked outside a Halfords, but uncool. Too many wannabe-drifter owners who can barely parallel park let alone do anything else, and way too many stupid bodykits.

For me, I vote cool, I never vote a car based on who owns them and what they do with them, I always take the standard (stock) car as my basis whilst taking into account it's potential as a tuning platform. I like the overall shape of the thing and it can lead to some great looking machines when modified correctly and that is why I have voted cool.

Damn, I voted cool but I just glanced at it and didn't read the title properly, thought it was a 200 and voted acordingly, but 240s just aren't the same.

IMO this is the best shape too, better than S15...

This vehicle was decidedly very cool in my mind due to the early incarnations of Gran Turismo, its since taken a beating from drifters and ricers, but nostalgia tells me that if I look beyond that, it's still a cool car.

Last edited:
Cool.

What you have is a car that you can tune up a bit, take it to the track, turn the rear tires into smoke, and drive back home in. This is actually a good car to learn drifting because it's very cheap, common, and easy to fix.

This is US-spec no? Uncool. Even as a former 240SX owner I call it uncool. The one in the picture especially is uncool.

I voted meh on this one, it would be cool if it was a silvia or 200sx, always hated the US name for some reason. I like the shape of these except for the back end.

Cool. But only when standard.

They aren't particularly common in the UK so prices seem to hold fairly well, and this keeps them out of the banger-end of the market, so the ones you do see are generally enthusiast cars that have been looked after.

Styling wise a standard one is a bit of a sleeper, especially again over here, where most of them seem to be painted dreary dark blues or dark greens, or black:

800px-Nissan_200SX_S14a_Black_Stock.JPG

Yet it's still a reasonable looking car (good proportions, agressive looking front end), which is important as anything too bland or anonymous can't be cool.

Finally, it's a fairly low-tech, front-engine rear drive car, and it's fun. So it's cool.

Uncool.

An above average Japanese car.
A tid better to drive
A bit better to look at

but still...
not what I call a driver's car
not what I call pretty (looks like an angry chipmunk with its cheeks full)

Nothing worth paying attention to. It's also pretty hard to find a stock version anymore, and that's not a plus

Last edited:
I voted cool. I like that year and when kept clean, lowered, and on a nice set of wheels with good fitment they look great. I try to ignore the 'omg driftorz' types. Nothing wrong with a good driver who happens to drift.

Meh. They look nice but they did it wroooong. An NA SR20 for base models would've been much more preferable (and it's questionable why they didn't use one, see G20) to the low-revving truck motor that is the KA24.

Kinda kills the entire car for me and is why I wouldn't buy one without the motor already missing.

The front end looks good but it's a huge part of the JDM craze going on over here in the States. A ridiculous amount of money for looks. Spend that money on fixing holes in your rust bucket instead, bro, or spend it on some decent parts so your car isn't a hunkyrigged hoodride. Uncool.

And then we can start arguing; does stupid owners make a car uncool, or is the question whether a car is cool or not based on the cars themselves?

If it was the earlier car (S14, not A) I'd vote sub zero.. A clean example with more boost on coilovers and some nice wheels makes for a really nice all around car, it's on my to do-list for sure :)

I'm under the impression that the owner stereotype is the main thing influencing the car's coolness. That's what I gather from the Top Gear formula.

The car itself is a good car, cheap, rwd, sporty, go-fast parts, but it's not cool.

I really like the styling cues with this car,very sharp.It would be nice to see a little more ooomph under the hood though.

COOL

Cool. best looking nose of any of the Silvias/SX cars (not counting...well, okay, counting...the B14) and not exactly a slouch. But there's that KA24DE, and the rear's not the prettiest...

an S14/5 (S15 with S14 nose) would be just about perfect.

May have been nice to drive.

May have nice balance.

The "drifters" like it because it's flickable, easy to modify and incredibly stable.

I certainly like these things, even with the puniest engine available.

If it were a naturally aspirated SR20DE, Cool.

If it were an SR20DET: Subzero.

BUT:
KA24DE = Ultimate fail. Uncool.

It's decent enough looking and came out at a time when, in the UK at least, most mid-sized coupes were FWD. Just enough to make it cool.

Quite like the front and OK in power, but always wondered what the family back did with the sporty nose. Still Cool.

Latest Posts

Back