The Registry, The WRS, and GT5

United States
LoomRock, CA
GTP_LeftyWright
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the WRS program or even something else that might be created will look like when GT5 is released?

What does a new member need in order to have everything in the right place so that they can be ready to take advantage of the forum’s organized events?

I’m trying to motivate my kid to join the registry and I thought it might be needed for the new adventures ahead.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the WRS program or even something else that might be created will look like when GT5 is released?

What does a new member need in order to have everything in the right place so that they can be ready to take advantage of the forum’s organized events?

I’m trying to motivate my kid to join the registry and I thought it might be needed for the new adventures ahead.

WRS has been around since GT3. It will continue on, in some form, with the release of GT5.

Without having the game, and completely understanding the content, it will not be possible to say exactly how WRS will exist.

But the 2 things I can say with near certainty -

1. The WRS will be here with GT5

2. There will almost certainly need to be a new qualifier to establish the correct pace for each driver with the new game and physics

EDK
WRS has been around since GT3. It will continue on, in some form, with the release of GT5.

Without having the game, and completely understanding the content, it will not be possible to say exactly how WRS will exist.

But the 2 things I can say with near certainty -

1. The WRS will be here with GT5

2. There will almost certainly need to be a new qualifier to establish the correct pace for each driver with the new game and physics

That’s interesting about the qualifier, I never thought that all of the members would have to qualify again but it sounds like fun. Given the fact that the game will be released at different times do you think that GT5p will still be the main app. for the WRS till Jan 2011?

That’s interesting about the qualifier, I never thought that all of the members would have to qualify again but it sounds like fun. Given the fact that the game will be released at different times do you think that GT5p will still be the main app. for the WRS till Jan 2011?

That really just depends on the release dates, and when they actually are.

I know the GT3 to GT4 transition took some time, due to release dates, and then due to a long window for the qualifier.

We shall see...............

I have a very BIG question which may not be able to be answered just yet but thought I would ask anyway.

What format is the WRS going to take once GT5 is released? Will it stay in the TT format or will we ve going down the route of organised race meets and track days?

It might be that the answer will not present itself until a little more is known about the online features, however, it is only 64 days until it is released into the wild in the UK so I thought I would get this out there.

I have a very BIG question which may not be able to be answered just yet but thought I would ask anyway.

What format is the WRS going to take once GT5 is released? Will it stay in the TT format or will we ve going down the route of organised race meets and track days?

It might be that the answer will not present itself until a little more is known about the online features, however, it is only 64 days until it is released into the wild in the UK so I thought I would get this out there.

I've moved this post to a more appropriate thread.

There will always be a place for TT's with the WRS.

What it really comes down to, is the capabilities and features of GT5, and how we can apply those in a way that will be interesting.

As you said, we really have to wait to see what the game brings. But the TT's are here to stay, with more likely to be added.

EDK
I've moved this post to a more appropriate thread.

There will always be a place for TT's with the WRS.

What it really comes down to, is the capabilities and features of GT5, and how we can apply those in a way that will be interesting.

As you said, we really have to wait to see what the game brings. But the TT's are here to stay, with more likely to be added.

Thanks for moving it as I wasn't quite sure where it should go.

I am glad the TT's are going to stay as they are fantasicly organised and enjoyable events (kudos to the admin team!). Obviously GT5 will provide us with far greater variety which is good.

I just wish PD would give us a run down on the online structure sooner rather than later.

While I love the idea of track days and organized meets, my impression from everything I've seen is that online multiplayer racing will be "Friends only", with no sort of lobby (a la most FPS, or Wipeout HD for that matter). So unless every member of each meet Friends each and every other member of that meet it would be unworkable, wouldn't it?

Latest Posts

Back