Compression Ratio: 8.4:1
Power (SAE net): 750 hp @ 6200 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 710 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm
Curb Weight: 3944lb (1759Kg)
0-60mph: 4.1 Seconds
1/4 Mile: 12.0@120.1mph
Top Speed: 161mph (258km/h) Electronically Limited
Price: $84,390USD

Hmm. 750 HP, which is too much power for this car. And it only goes 161, which isn't really much for a car with 750 HP. And it's too expensive for a Mustang, which is supposed to be the muscle car for the everyday man. And for that money, I could buy a pre owned Ferrari 360, a new Corvette Z06, a new Nissan GT-R or a new Dodge Viper. And on top of that, the 2011 is out, which could spank this car on a track in it's GT form.

Seriously Uncool is my verdict

I was debating on what I was going to choose, sub-zero or just cool. Then I found out it's the 2011 that handles well. Seriously uncool.

Very cool. If it wasn't for it being electronically limited it would be sub-zero as it would be as fast as a ZR1 in top end in my opinion. Not worried about it's handling because a car like this is designed for one thing, going hard down the 1/4 mile.

While I share the same sentiment about the '11 and being able to corner properly, there is still something about this car. It's ridiculous for sure but it looks like a Hot Wheels car and I bet it sounds awesome, like awesomely awesome.

Plus unlike the Camaro or Challenger, it's an all American car actually made in America, Michigan to be exact. Any car that gives our state jobs is worthy of praise...and I'm not even one who likes domestic cars all that much.

It's not sub-zero for the fact it's way to expensive and you'd have to explain why it looks that way, but it is cool.

It's built for one thing, and that's all out power. While that's a good thing in it's own right, it'll only get you so far. Also, the price and speed limit is ridiculous.

Not Seriously Uncool, but uncool nonetheless.

The name says it all - Carrol Shelby (post 1960's [with exception to the Mopars])

That alone deems it UNCOOL

Shelby's are only good at looking and sounding good. They are expensive pigs. The Mustang GT is cheaper and can probably beat it around a track with less weight over the nose and considering the braking isn't any better with all that extra power.

Plus, the 2011 GT by itself renders this car uncool. :sly:

Last edited:
Seriously Uncool, but not because of the 2011 version.

It's because if I wanted to buy one, which I actually would quite badly, converting it to RHD, last time I checked, costs about half the list price of a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

And for that I'd much rather go for the Saleen S302 Sterling, which is not only cheaper and just about as quick in a straight line, it would make mince meat of this around corners.

This is a Sub Zero Shelby:
1967Shelby_Cobra_SuperSnake.jpg

This is not a Sub Zero Shelby:
2010-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-super-snake_100202443_m.jpg

1967%20Shelby%20350%20side.jpg

2010-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-super-snake_100202443_m.jpg

The name "Shelby" alone does not give it a sub zero status.

Uncool, it seems like it's just trying to hard, and that hood scoop is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

In this instance I don't care about how fast it is or that the words 'Shelby' or 'Mustang' appear in the name. One would picture the driver of this car sporting a chest wig, orange tan and a gold medallion. Seriously uncool.

Fake scoops... nostalgia badge for nostalgia's sake alone... ridiculous price tag... and the fact that a 2011 GT500 is probably a better deal (even with less power). Seriously uncool.

What hundred and who horsepower? Chinny rekkon.

What a bloated mess.

Not a lot of Meh till now, that shows the car makes a statement.

Here in Europe very uncommon.
750 hp you have to dare
OK not for cornering on the circuit, not elegant (but should a muscle car be), no cheap, ...

Stays cool for me, I like that most in Europe would not know a normal Mustang from the Super Snake. It will always turn heads.

Bah, I thought this was the new version with an alloy block, that handled well, I voted in-correctly.

The name "Shelby" alone does not give it a sub zero status.

Quoted for truth.

I'm not sure on this, but I don't believe that Carrol Shelby actually had anything to do with this, not that it would've helped, since he's decades past his prime

Seriously Uncool

It looks great. But it's a new Shelby. And Shelby of America are money stealing bastards. If you want to a get new part for these things under warranty, you have to send them your old, damaged part, so they can decide whether or not you can get a new one. They charge ungodly amounts, have terrible customer service, and don't give a rats ass about anything but making money.

There was a guy who got in a small accident with a GT500KR. He needed a new hood, bumper, and splitter. The total cost was something astronomical, like 18,000 dollars. And they would not send him his new parts until he sent the damaged ones to them. Buying a Shelby is basically like renting the car, they own you.

That alone deserves a seriously uncool

Bloated overweight car with too much power, riding on a famous name from the past.. uncool.

I voted seriously uncool, I don't like the looks of the modern mustangs for one, secondly for the way it handles, and the final reason is because they actually tried to come up with something that could bear the awesome name it has based on its 40 year old predecessor, and failed.

Its a Shelby, so its instantly cool. The Mustang name doesn't thrill me, but with an engine that instantly gives the driver a bigger set of gonads makes up for it.

Cool.

I voted cool, but would rather have a 2011 GT500 in grabber blue and white racing stripes! Someone willing to buy one for me? Would really appreciate it!!!:sly:

Hey now. I once rode shotgun in a race against a Charger GLHS. Those little buggers were ugly, but they were fast.

Damn it, I completely forgot about the Mopars. Let me edit my post because I DO love those Shelby Mopars. Hell, I owned one albeit never got to drive it. :ill:

Latest Posts

Back