$57k for a Delorean?

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
if you want one new, yes. As of 2007, the DeLorean Motor Company is back from the dead due to "high demand for the DMC-12." And it get one new, without any extras, it will set you back $57,500. To get the performance upgrade and a well-equiped package that includes keyless entry and a back-up camara, you'll need to fork out over $68,000.

But that's for a brand new DeLorean...which doesn't have the crappy Renault engine...mainly 'cause you can't get them any more. I does have a similarlly crappy V6 in it though. Unless you upgrade it.

But, you could always get an used DeLorean for about $25,000 or so...maybe less.

I'm pretty sure this 'new' Delorean company has been around offering totally new ones for years and years! I heard about this ages ago in some magazine which had pictures of the whole operation.

I think that you would probably pay the same for a new Jag E-Type so its a fair price considering its iconic. They really need to do more about the chassis though, they should probably redo it out of carbon fibre or something and give it a V8.

Robin.

Yeah, I've heard of this company before. The plans have been in the works for years now.

Yeah, I've heard of this company before. The plans have been in the works for years now.

I said "As of August 2007" or did you not READ my entire post. Besides. The post isn't about DeLorean coming back, it's about paying $57k for one.

Yes, the operation is in Houston, Texas!!!!!

When the origial Deloren Motor Company went under, they left a whole bunch of extra parts behind. Then this new company bought all those extra parts and started production back up. It's called "New-Old Stock."

I've seen alot of their examples as evident by the high number of Delorens I've seen around Houston.

No, I wouldn't fish out 57k for a "new" DeLorean...unless every major problem (doors, the stainless steel body, the climate control, etc.) has been fixed.

Wasn't this the manufacturer in Gran Turismo 4? Because it was a 2004 model and labeled S2.

Yes. the one in GT4 I think has the updated engine swap with the all the fixens. It's not from the plant in Houston, but it's from the same guy that now owns the company. The old DMC-12 had like 147 or less HP the on in the game, stock has 256 I think. Much more powerful. What the DeLorean should have been.

I said "As of August 2007" or did you not READ my entire post. Besides. The post isn't about DeLorean coming back, it's about paying $57k for one.

I said "I've heard about this before." No need to get all huffy.

57k is decent, depending on what you're getting. Considering it's a living, breathing piece of retro made to better standards than the original car.

You could pay between $50-$100k for turn-key replica muscle-cars... so I don't think $57k is out there... especially since this isn't a replica per se, but an actual continuation.

Not that I'd actually spend such silly sums of money on a car with a skin that's impossible to keep in pristine condition... :lol:

No, I wouldn't fish out 57k for a "new" DeLorean...unless every major problem (doors, the stainless steel body, the climate control, etc.) has been fixed.
They went through and fixed the obvious ones. The new DeLoreans are also built much better than the original ones were.

I'm curious about this, so humor me.. what exactly was wrong with the body?

The "S2" in GT4 was the "new" version they're selling now. Beefed-up engine, fixed hydraulics on the doors, lowered suspension, etc.

Not that I'd actually spend such silly sums of money on a car with a skin that's impossible to keep in pristine condition... :lol:

02240083000-1

;)

:lol:

If you think 57k is too much to pay for a DeLorean, then you're not in the demographic they're aiming the car too.

I've always thought they should use the VQ/VR series of V6s in there...

@Leo: I know there's one running a 20B out there somewhere.

I'm curious about this, so humor me.. what exactly was wrong with the body?

The "S2" in GT4 was the "new" version they're selling now. Beefed-up engine, fixed hydraulics on the doors, lowered suspension, etc.

Stainless steel body was a bitch in all aspects, the doors would fail to open, the electronics for the climate control and all that was messed up, and the engine was pretty underpowered for a car with the same RR layout as a 911. They were awful; until someone thought of flux capacitators, and the rest was Michael J. Fox's history.

The last year of production, they seemed to get the bugs worked out...save for the PRV V6...but DeLorean got busted, and the car line went out of production.

The other thing...the last few De Loreans (correct spelling, people,) had steel bodies as options.

I'm not sure...I think the texas guys may be offering CFRP body panels as well. If they're not, they should...>>

Carbon Fiber body panels would be a neat idea, unpainted it would be a nice 'play' on the originals use of spare sheets from a cutlery factory! I wish someone would make a race ready one and enter it in some series.

Back