TheBook

Literary Member
Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
2010 Ariel Atom 3

250px-GoodwoodArielAtom.jpg

• 0-60 mph : 2.7 seconds (manufacturer's claim)
  • Top Speed: 140 mph, 225 km/h (155 mph, 249 km/h supercharged)
  • Power: 245 bhp (183 kW; 248 PS) @ 8200 rpm (300 bhp supercharged)
  • Torque: 210 N·m (150 ft·lbf) @ 6100 rpm
  • Weight: 456 kg (1,005 lb)
  • Transmission: Honda six-speed with reverse
  • Price: £20,000/£45,000 supercharged (cost in the US is $49,980 Base Price)
  • Engine: 2.0L Honda K20Z, 4 Cylinder, i-VTEC
  • Manufacturer: Ariel Motor Company Ltd
  • Length: 3,410 mm (134 in)
  • Width: 1,798 mm (70.8 in) / 1,828 mm (72.0 in) with 225 Tyres
  • Height: 1,195 mm (47.0 in)
  • Track: 1,600 mm (63 in) front and rear
  • Wheelbase: 2,345 mm (92.3 in)

atomcrop.jpg

I'm sorry, what's that? I can't hear you over the sound of all the awesome.

(yes, that's me. Yes, the fat guy that looks like me is my brother. Yes, that's his car)

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/273/atomcrop.jpg[img][/center]

(yes, that's me. Yes, the fat guy that looks like me is my brother. Yes, that's his car)[/color][/b][/QUOTE]

I didn't know your brother was Shaun Ryder :cool: ;)

BTW how do you get awya with not having a front number plate? :confused:

subzero of course​

Last edited:
While this thing is just insanely fast, it doesn't look good and without a helmet you won't look good in one either (at speed especially). Uncool.

Extremely impracticable and if it rains you are screwed, yet even with those going against it it's still sub-zero.

While this thing is just insanely fast, it doesn't look good and without a helmet you won't look good in one either (at speed especially). Uncool.

My brother tends to drive his in just the Shoggles in that image.

And some clothes, obviously.

As long you plan for the rain or avoid the rain, you will be dry.

Or drive faster. You're so close to the ground that if you can reach relativistic speeds, you'll never get wet.

We pulled up behind a Corsa at one point, and my eyes were level with its exhaust pipe.

Go-Kart x100
Lack of aesthetics looks great

Cool, not enough for SZ. What could've been lunacy comes off as more of a technical achievement.

atomcrop.jpg

(yes, that's me. Yes, the fat guy that looks like me is my brother. Yes, that's his car)

Does he weigh more than you from all the bugs he eats while driving around? :lol:

Awesome car, but I can't help to think I'd feel embarrassed driving around town in it, even if I'd own the road with performance. I can't see girls thinking its anything more than a glorified golf cart, and that doesn't really get the panties to come down, so it gets an uncool from me.

I can't see girls thinking its anything more than a glorified golf cart, and that doesn't really get the panties to come down, so it gets an uncool from me.

ariel.atom.f34.500.jpeg
=
golf-cart.jpg

?

I think you meant go-cart. If it were me driving though, I'd just say it's a race car!

Does he weigh more than you from all the bugs he eats while driving around? :lol:

8 years more pies.

Awesome car, but I can't help to think I'd feel embarrassed driving around town in it, even if I'd own the road with performance. I can't see girls thinking its anything more than a glorified golf cart, and that doesn't really get the panties to come down, so it gets an uncool from me.

He's practically drowning in fanny (UK version, not US) and if his wife ever does actually leave him, he'll be spoiled for choice. Not that he would - or anyone should - go for a girl who loses underwear because of a car...

When we drove round his local retail park (really) everyone was stopping and pointing. Any more thumbs up and it'd have looked like a Homer Simpson food critic review.

any car that can go that quick and mess clarkson's face up (that picture is freaky lol!) is cool however on the road it might look out of place. You'll certainly have people look at you as you drive past. Regardless of it being a track car more than a road car i'm saying cool.

The looks make me cringe--I hate that it looks like something someone threw together in a garage and couldn't afford to buy sheet metal for--but the numbers are really good.

However, I can't see anyone doing anything but laughing if I drove this thing on the road around here. Fast or not, the thing still looks like...that.

I'll give it a cool.

KELVIN'S BOX-> What more can I say? The lunacy, the attention to detail, the craziness, the engine sound (Supa-charge VTAAAKKKKK), and its unlike anything on the road anywhere!

This is one of my dream cars, of all time:
2-medium_2701929616_35d13fee48_o.jpg

(With the "no helmet required" optional winshield)

^ Nuff said... :sly:👍

I used to not like this car, believe it or not...but after realizing that it's basically this with four wheels...

2010-ducati-streetfighter-14.jpg

I actually get it, powerful engine, wind buffeting and all. Definitely Sub-Zero.

((and if anyone thinks this compares to a faired bike, you're mistaken. The Atom is a Naked.))

-> I swear, If I have the $$$$$$$$$$$$...I will definitely call TMI to get me some of that Atom 3 awesomeness:

Ariel Atom 3 TMI-spec (Powered by Awesome)
lead1arielatom3qs2010.jpg

Autoblog

:drool:

atomcrop.jpg

Famine, don't trick us to believe you actually drove this awesomeness. :sly: Good job with the photoshop editing by the way. No offence, Famine...

Back