Power 350 PS (260 kW; 350 hp)
Transmission(s) 5-speed manual
Length 4,260 mm (167.7 in)
Width 1,760 mm (69.3 in)
Height 1,050 mm (41.3 in)
Curb weight 980 kg (2,161 lb)
Designer Marcello Gandini

Simple answer: Straight to the Ice Box.

This car defined the supercar as we know by now, this is the division belt between the ordinary front engined old-school GTs and the beastly mid-engined world of supercars.

This is a milestone in automotive history and a extraordinary technical achievement, despite the enormous cabin noise, shoddly built interiors and unreliable characteristics of the 4liter V12.

Obvious poll is obvious. ;)

Yeah...I can't even really describe why, but definitely Sub-Zero. Old cars seem cooler to me, somehow.

60's cars are very very well styled, you can say that by the utterly pretty Alfas( Giulia, Duetto ) and the fantastic Jag E-type. The Miura is just another example of engineering genious and bewildering artistic lines. I love this car.

Not only the most beautiful Lambo, but also very light and powerful with a screaming V12 engine. Sub-Zero, of course

The car doesn't need an explanation as Rykon said. You just look at it & you know.

Besides some of the high speed & engine issues, this car was pretty perfect, specification wise. It had amazing looks & a big, loud V12. It was the Italians' wet dream after Ferrari.

Sub zero. Partial reason is that same engine is in the fastest four-seater of the era, which also was a Lamborghini. Does Espada ring a bell?

Sex on wheels. It won't just get you laid, but it will get you invited to crazy orgies with coked out supermodels.

Sub-Zero

These cool wall voting periods are too sparse

Ice Box. Duh. If you don't know why, then you don't know cars.

EDIT: And it was part of my favorite Ferrari vs. Lamborghini Rivalry when it competed against the Daytona.

Last edited:
I looked at it, and stared at it. I voted meh. It is not ugly nor pretty. I didn't like the noise it made when Hammond drove one on TG.

You are unique and open to your own opinion.

Some opinions, however, are wrong.

To be honest, I have no idea how you can think the world's first mid-engined supercar can be a meh. Even that alone should warrant a cool, but I digress.

ICE BOX-> The car that defined the genre. Looking at isn't a proper way to describe it as a super car, but it is more of an art form in its own way. My only complaint would be that this car is too early to be ask if its cool or not. :)

~> I wonder, if this car is in Kelvin's status; how is this car compared to select Alfa Romeos or even other Ice Boxed cars? Just asking here. :confused:

Sub-zero... Dont thnk I need to explain myself on this one... :)

JCE
I looked at it, and stared at it. I voted meh. It is not ugly nor pretty. I didn't like the noise it made when Hammond drove one on TG.

You don't like the sound of a carbureted V12? - have you no soul? ;)

Right up there alongside the 250 series Ferrari as the most beautiful car ever built... and the foundation of the mid-engined supercar.

Completely and uttery SUB ZERO.

Looks pretty obvious which way this is going. 92.4% for Sub-zero and not one uncool or seriously uncool yet... :) *knocks on wood*

Although the interior could really use more gauges.
Lambo_miura_04.jpg

I sat in a Muira a few years ago... there's absolutely no way I'd ever be able to drive one as they aren't built for anyone over 5'8" tall or who weighs more than 140lbs (65kg).

That's true. Gotta vote with the heart. I suggest if you want to hear it at its best, though, that you watch the original "Italian Job" (starring Michael Caine) as the entire opening credits is a romp through the mountains in a Miura.

This car is garbage. That transverse mid-mounted V12 was legendarily finicky, and the carburettors would often drown and die when you came to a stop... which meant restarting the car... if the tiny battery hadn't gone flat. And once you'd finally gotten underway again and built up a head of speed, the twitchy handling and strange aerodynamics meant that you'd either find yourself nose up in the air or nose down in a ditch...

Still... absolutely gorgeous. Sub-zero.

Back